“Jan 26 -Feb 2”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Hamilton, Canada
“Jan 26 -Feb 2”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We recently returned because of a work conference.This is our 6th trip to the Bahamas,our second stay at The Royal Towers.
Very large lots of walking 5* everything 5* prices.

Room overlooked the harbour almost the exact same view as when we stayed 8 years ago.Very clean standard room comfortable bedding.Sliding glass door and voila you have a balcony almost..I took the 2 room chairs and positioned them to face out. All basic amenities provided .

Weather - can't control that but of 7 days 5 were beautiful 1 overcast, 1 overcast cool and rain.The rest gorgeous.

Bar & Food Service- No complaints other than dinner will cost you 200.00 per night 1 bottle of wine in that price.Unless of course you eat pizza ,or Starbucks.

Breakfast in The Royal Tower( Market Place) ok...pricey not good value I thought it had gone down( food quality) since our last visit.

Lunch-most days grabbed a quick bite around the pool...remembered the Conch salad from last visit very good ! ALERT - DO NOT EAT AROUND THE ROYAL TOWER POOL !!! I was attacked by seagull
s like something out of THE BIRDS !! My hubby was in meetings so I just grabbed a tossed salad which looked great and a bag of Lays (needed some salt)...out of the corner of my eye I see wings coming at me ..salad goes flying I take cover and when I return for the all safe ...they took my LAYS !!!sooo no lunch for me...we also ate at Murrays Deli very good corned beef not like NYC but still good,The Lagoon Bar & Grill again with the seagulls kinda turned me off as they were all around the food stations.We really enjoyed Virgils in The Coral Tower pulled pork nachos very yummy!dinner at Casa de Angelo was good, and The Bahamian Club even better very attentive waiter enjoyed that night.
Pools- we preferred the BLU pool at the Coral tower (No Gulls that bothered us)and quieter.
I tried the lazy river at The Coral...typical lazy river ...I also tried the other river ride and that was fun but please be careful 2 of the ladies were injured on this one banged up knees and one broken arm !!!Did not try the slides this time because I am 8 years older and did not enjoy it the first time...but lots for the kids to do !!!There were many families there ...and some we met had been several times.They must have deals in the USA because I can't imagine what it would cost a family of five.
Internet was located at The Coral tower so a bit of a jaunt from the Royal.
Staff amazing only saw one not smiling.
Casino -made our donation ...have to try the SLOTS and hubby likes the tables.
So to summarize ..We enjoyed our time , will we return probably not, but if you have never been here you have to experience it at least once...we just found it costly ,we are not frugal people travel extensively ..just not value for money spent.

Room Tip: Coral Towers are older but have balconies think I would have liked to try it this time.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,519)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Athens
Reviewed February 14, 2013

A very nice resort, lots to see and do. So many pools you'll wonder exactly how many there are! Be prepared to do lots of walking as it is a very big place. The room in the west Royal Tower was nice, if it did show its age a bit. The restaurants we tried were nice, good food and great service, if just a bit pricey. Kids have more than enough activities with all of the water slides, pools and lazy rivers. The casino is big, lots of tables and slots. The aquariums and all of the sealife is amazing, don't miss it! And one final thing...the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in!

Room Tip: If you can get a room in the Royal Towers East you will save yourself alot of walking.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have been to the Atlantis approx. 8 times. It has always been a pleasure until this trip. Complaint #1. We went for a couples massage and it felt like the two people that gave the massages were not even certified.We spoke to the management just so they were aware and they gave us an 11.00 credit which was the difference of a deep tissue massage and a sweedish massage (funny hah). We weren't even looking for a credit. The last time we went we had massages two days in a row because it felt like a massage. We were looking to rest not get aggravated. We get them all of the time. Complaint #2. While gambling, which is the main reason I like to go to the Bahamas, I left my card on the table and my husband motioned to the pit boss to take the card because no one was picking it up. We didn't think it was a big deal. Well what a attitude we got from them. As if that was the worse thing we could have done. We told them how to do their job. Wow. Last complaint. The 15% tips are always included but we always give the additional 5 or so to everyone. That was a problem this time because it seems that the 15% is enough for 40% of the staff because the staff has such attitudes specifically the little cafe next to the market where your would have your breakfast in the morning. They don't even look you in the eye if you ask a question. Seems like you should be able to tip people yourselves. This was you get the correct service. But still 60% of the staff were still great. With competition coming in to the Bahamas this is not the time for the reputation of the Atlantis to be heading downwards.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank maha n
Moorpark, California
Reviewed February 12, 2013

After many years of hearing friends and family say how amazing Atlantis Resort was, we finally booked our 6-night/7-day trip (it wasn't long enough!). Even with all the hype, the resort was everything we expected and more! Staying in the Royal Towers was the prime location...it's central to everything...the restaurants (Nobu, Cafe @ The Great Hall of Waters), casino, the Marina, aquariums, Water Park & Kids Water area. Our stay happened to be in early December; when there weren't too many people which worked out nicely as far as the Water Park went. The longest we had to wait in any water slide line was about 5 minutes. Apparently, if you stay during peak times (summer), the lines can be unbearably long...no thanks. My 9-year old son couldn't get enough of the slides, especially the Leap of Faith and The Abyss. There are two main towers with 4-5 slides on each. There's a good mix of regular slides and ones that use inner tubes. On the Mayan Temple, the Serpent Slide (inner tube) has you end up in a tunnel in the Shark-filled lagoon. In the Power Tower, the Abyss has you end up in this underground grotto/aquarium...super cool. I will never again be able to ride a normal lazy river after riding the one in Atlantis. It's a lazy river cranked up to a hundred...miles of roaring rapids that my 5-year old son couldn't get enough of. Since he was 1-inch too short for any of the main slides, the lazy river was his main source of water fun, but he didn't mind...it was that fun! Also a cool feature is during the course of the river, you have the option to direct your inner tube to go up the Power Tower to experience the Drop or the Surge slides. We had so much fun seeking out all the various aquariums in the resort. There's the main one located in the Royal Towers, called The Dig. And there are a about 10 others sprinkled throughout the resort. We were still finding new ones even at the end of our stay. We ate at most of the restaurants...Nobu, Mesa Grill, the Cafe, Murray's Deli, Lagoon Bar & Grill, Virgil's BBQ, Quizno's and Ben & Jerry's, plus the pool eateries. The food is good, but be prepared to spend most of your money on food. There's a cart located just past the bridge near the beach that serves fish & chips and ginormous soft pretzels. SO GOOD!!! My mouth is watering just writing about them. I want to go back to Atlantis just for these two items. One complaint about the food is that there aren't enough affordable breakfast places to quickly grab something (Starbucks was the only option, besides a place in the lobby but was pricey...$10 for a breakfast sandwich). Another complaint...not many dessert places. We ended going to Ben & Jerry's almost every night because besides eating dessert at the one of the sit-down restaurants, there wasn't another place to quickly grab dessert. One of those serve-yourself yogurt places would be nice or a shave ice cart? We did grab dessert one night from Starbucks...yummy key lime tart! One place that we discovered during out trip was called Crush. It's a teen club located in the Coral Towers, but during the hours of 4-8 pm, they open it up for families. My boys loved the floor-to-ceiling video games w/ gaming chairs, private video game rooms, state of the art computers for internet access, touch screen games (chess, checkers), dance floor and cafe. I wish I had a place to come like this as a teen. We took part in the Dolphin Interaction at Dolphin Cay. It was a good experience getting to touch, hug & kiss the dolphins, but now that I've done it once, I'll probably never do it again. The price isn't cheap and on top of that, they get you by not letting you take your own pictures & making you buy theirs...which also is not cheap. As far as the room went, they are a nice, comfortable size. We were able to get adjoining rooms with my in-laws so having that door open between us probably made it seem bigger too. We had a great view of the Water Park area and the lagoons with the sting rays. The only down side to our room is that we found a couple of small cockroaches, but nothing we couldn't handle. if you're thinking of venturing outside the resort...don't. My brother warned me not to go into downtown Bahamas; that everything we needed was within the resort. We didn't listen because my boys wanted to see go shopping and get some souvenirs at the many flea markets. It's basically a tourist trap of little knick knacks and stuff probably made in China. Next time, we'll probably only venture out to eat since we heard of a couple good seafood restaurants that we didn't get a chance to visit. I got a chance to visit the other Towers...Beach & Coral. I didn't get to see the rooms, but as far as the lobby of these Towers went, they were a lot busier and not as luxurious. We'd consider staying in these other towers next time but get two adjoining rooms for our family for the price of one room in the Royal. Otherwise, we'd probably stick to the Royal...much nicer and again, centrally-located :-)
If you're thinking of booking a trip to Atlantis Resort...DO IT! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with family and you each have your own room, consider getting adjoining rooms t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Christina C
toronto
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Nice hotel on huge grounds. It needs a bit of upgrading as it starts showing its age. However there are so many things to do and the grounds are huge. Lots of walking from one place to the other. As it is a location for all ages it can be noisy in the various pools and restaurants. Problem also is that sometimes it is hard to book a restaurant. The hotel room is good size, good bathroom and all in all nicety appointed.
Would go back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank smookToronto
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Last night my flight was cancelled because of weather. I called Orbitz/Atlantis to explain my situation. I was looking forward to this trip for a long time. I am shocked/upset that the hotel would not refund my money. I am currently getting the run around. This is just bad business all around. I would never use this resort moving forward and i hope no one else does. If this is how they treat you when things are difficult why would i want to go there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank chad n
UK
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is the sort of place everyone should experience once - but there are caveats.
This is not a new resort, it is aging, but that does not mean for one instant the design and architecture in the public areas is nothing short of breathtaking.
It is astounding to see the various water features running through the resort, the lagoon, the massive glass acquarium windows in the main building, the beaches.
You could truly walk round for a day, open-mouthed in wonder at the luxurious scale of the place.
it is no wonder cruise lines to the island take trips there just so people can see what it is like.
It remains a wonder.
We stayed in an apartment in The Reef and this was fine too, large, spacious, clean, all mod cons, no complaints whatsoever.
Check-in was fine, we got a good rate - no complaints.
However, and here comes the buts....
The service from staff is sometimes hit and miss.
A small point but indicative of where it lets itself down....
We wanted to play beach volleyball. We asked an attendant if there was a ball, he said not here, look over there. We wandered over to the kiosk he indicated. The attendand there directed us to the other one. When we said he did not have one this was met with a shrug of the shoulders.
Paying these prices you expect better.
The waterpark and slides were great fun (if badly signposted) as well, but initailly we struggled to find rubber rings and the staff's assistance was vague.
Prices in the resort for drinks, and food, are also pricey, there are invariably various final addittions to the bill, overall you leave feeling a littel light in the pocket.
Do make sure you visit the expensive Mesa restaurant though, the Rib Eye steak was the best I have ever had.
Overall, it struck me as like Vegas - busy and well worth a three day visit but there are other options available on the island for a longer stay which I would find preferable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#4 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!