We recently returned because of a work conference.This is our 6th trip to the Bahamas,our second stay at The Royal Towers.
Very large lots of walking 5* everything 5* prices.
Room overlooked the harbour almost the exact same view as when we stayed 8 years ago.Very clean standard room comfortable bedding.Sliding glass door and voila you have a balcony almost..I took the 2 room chairs and positioned them to face out. All basic amenities provided .
Weather - can't control that but of 7 days 5 were beautiful 1 overcast, 1 overcast cool and rain.The rest gorgeous.
Bar & Food Service- No complaints other than dinner will cost you 200.00 per night 1 bottle of wine in that price.Unless of course you eat pizza ,or Starbucks.
Breakfast in The Royal Tower( Market Place) ok...pricey not good value I thought it had gone down( food quality) since our last visit.
Lunch-most days grabbed a quick bite around the pool...remembered the Conch salad from last visit very good ! ALERT - DO NOT EAT AROUND THE ROYAL TOWER POOL !!! I was attacked by seagull
s like something out of THE BIRDS !! My hubby was in meetings so I just grabbed a tossed salad which looked great and a bag of Lays (needed some salt)...out of the corner of my eye I see wings coming at me ..salad goes flying I take cover and when I return for the all safe ...they took my LAYS !!!sooo no lunch for me...we also ate at Murrays Deli very good corned beef not like NYC but still good,The Lagoon Bar & Grill again with the seagulls kinda turned me off as they were all around the food stations.We really enjoyed Virgils in The Coral Tower pulled pork nachos very yummy!dinner at Casa de Angelo was good, and The Bahamian Club even better very attentive waiter enjoyed that night.
Pools- we preferred the BLU pool at the Coral tower (No Gulls that bothered us)and quieter.
I tried the lazy river at The Coral...typical lazy river ...I also tried the other river ride and that was fun but please be careful 2 of the ladies were injured on this one banged up knees and one broken arm !!!Did not try the slides this time because I am 8 years older and did not enjoy it the first time...but lots for the kids to do !!!There were many families there ...and some we met had been several times.They must have deals in the USA because I can't imagine what it would cost a family of five.
Internet was located at The Coral tower so a bit of a jaunt from the Royal.
Staff amazing only saw one not smiling.
Casino -made our donation ...have to try the SLOTS and hubby likes the tables.
So to summarize ..We enjoyed our time , will we return probably not, but if you have never been here you have to experience it at least once...we just found it costly ,we are not frugal people travel extensively ..just not value for money spent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection is the most reflective of mythical Atlantis, featuring grand architecture, artwork and design. Standard rooms at Paradise Island hotel have one king or two queen beds, a sitting area, and French balconies, while suites have full balconies. All rooms and suites offer terrace, harbour or water views. These towers are closest to Mandara Spa, the Fitness Center, Aquaventure, Atlantis Kids Adventures, The Dig, Casino, two main pools, and several gourmet dining options. It's easy to enjoy the pristine white beaches of Paradise Island and gorgeous lagoons from our resort hotel in the Bahamas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Royal Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Royal Hotel
- Atlantis Royal Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Royal Towers
- Royal Towers Atlantis
- Royal Towers Of Atlantis
- Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island