This is the sort of place everyone should experience once - but there are caveats.
This is not a new resort, it is aging, but that does not mean for one instant the design and architecture in the public areas is nothing short of breathtaking.
It is astounding to see the various water features running through the resort, the lagoon, the massive glass acquarium windows in the main building, the beaches.
You could truly walk round for a day, open-mouthed in wonder at the luxurious scale of the place.
it is no wonder cruise lines to the island take trips there just so people can see what it is like.
It remains a wonder.
We stayed in an apartment in The Reef and this was fine too, large, spacious, clean, all mod cons, no complaints whatsoever.
Check-in was fine, we got a good rate - no complaints.
However, and here comes the buts....
The service from staff is sometimes hit and miss.
A small point but indicative of where it lets itself down....
We wanted to play beach volleyball. We asked an attendant if there was a ball, he said not here, look over there. We wandered over to the kiosk he indicated. The attendand there directed us to the other one. When we said he did not have one this was met with a shrug of the shoulders.
Paying these prices you expect better.
The waterpark and slides were great fun (if badly signposted) as well, but initailly we struggled to find rubber rings and the staff's assistance was vague.
Prices in the resort for drinks, and food, are also pricey, there are invariably various final addittions to the bill, overall you leave feeling a littel light in the pocket.
Do make sure you visit the expensive Mesa restaurant though, the Rib Eye steak was the best I have ever had.
Overall, it struck me as like Vegas - busy and well worth a three day visit but there are other options available on the island for a longer stay which I would find preferable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection is the most reflective of mythical Atlantis, featuring grand architecture, artwork and design. Standard rooms at Paradise Island hotel have one king or two queen beds, a sitting area, and French balconies, while suites have full balconies. All rooms and suites offer terrace, harbour or water views. These towers are closest to Mandara Spa, the Fitness Center, Aquaventure, Atlantis Kids Adventures, The Dig, Casino, two main pools, and several gourmet dining options. It's easy to enjoy the pristine white beaches of Paradise Island and gorgeous lagoons from our resort hotel in the Bahamas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Royal Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Royal Hotel
- Atlantis Royal Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Royal Towers
- Royal Towers Atlantis
- Royal Towers Of Atlantis
- Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island