“Toilets Over Flowing in Dirty Room”

Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Like others I returned to the Royal Towers disappointed to see that time and success had spoiled the place. Rooms were not clean, toliets and showers over flowed and backed up, the casino has no air filtration so smoke is horrible, and an uncaring management does not answer complaints. It was our fourth trip and we won"t go back to what was once a great place.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
12  Thank homebldr45

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has everything to entretain everyone. Doesn't metter if you prefer lay down on the sun, or stay in the water the hole day, if you like to gambling or love to go in a good restaurants. I stayed here 11 days and never repeat a restaurant. All of them are very good. The waterpark is fantastic and the design is unique. You can walkthrough some parts of the hotel like if you were looking at the city of Atlantis, it is amazing!!!!
And swim with Dolphings and Sea Lion is s show apart. What a experience!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Marco B
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Although this place is magical, they suck every penny out of you while your there. For food, drinks, activities, and shopping, expect to pay at least twice the amount you would normally. We left with a real sense of being ripped off which is never enjoyable when your on vacation. When we arrived our room wasn't ready so we grabbed a burger. The burger was $17 and was barely edible. The mini bar is out of the question unless your alright with spending $6 on a can of coke. In the evening we went to marinas pizza, b/c it looked busy, and possibly tasty. Coming from NY I don't expect much from pizza outside of NY, but this stuff was just a tragedy, a $32 pizza that made frozen pizza look like a fine delicacy.

Having said all that, the place is really something else just to walk around and explore. The water park was a lot of fun and we didn't have a hard time finding loungers. Our room was in the royal tower which was right next to all the action. We could barely fit on our "balcony" but really didnt spend much time in the room anyway. If you get a room in the beach tower be prepared to be walk for most of your vacation.

If your traveling here on a budget here is my advice...buy lots of liquor, food, and water before you get there so you don't get completely robbed over really subpar food. Also be prepared to pay $40 a day in resort fees.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Sebo996
Reviewed January 3, 2013

As all the reviews state, its expensive. For the price, the quality isn't great, but my family still had a blast. This was our 3d time here (this time for a wedding which was held at the Sheraton).
They managed to get 2 adjacent rooms though it had not been requested which was nice. @ queens in each one, though my teenage son refused to sleep in the same bed as one of his sisters so we requested and received a cot for the room, which worked out well. Service in general was good. The room itself was clean and well kept though dated and a bit worn. We decided to stay at the Royal Towers because we had previously stayed at Harborside and were sick of the shuttles, so we decided to sacrifice quality for proximity...at the end of the trip I would say we were happy to make the trade.
For a large family like mine (6) I would say skip the transfers...I was charged $120 each way and I think I could have got a taxi for the same if not less, and wouldn't have to make all the stops that the shuttles always make.
BTW, the Sheraton was terrible. All the meals for the wedding were poorly cooked and not tasty, the people who stayed there complained about service, towels, etc, and it certainly wasn't as much fun as Atlantis.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank rwhaugan
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our family of four is fussy when it comes to travel but we all -- son 15, son 20, mom & dad -- had a spectacular time at the Royal Towers which is perfectly situated in the heart of this pristine resort. We stayed December 21-26 and as I read the other recent reviews here I am shocked by their negative views. From the friendliness of the staff to the pristine grounds, we splurged on this trip (yes, it's pricey) and were not disappointed.

Each day we checked the activities on The Atlantean newsletter and took advantage of the complimentary first-run movies (ParaNorman, Premium Rush and Ted on 12/22/12); caught the Comedy Club, visited all of the water park rides. My HS sophomore LOVED the teen-only club CRUSH for 17 & under kids. He went every night until the midnight closing.

We did splurge by booking a one bedroom Regal Suite which was over 1000 sq. feet with two bathrooms, a big plus with teenagers. The master bath was huge with my favorite, an embedded TV in the mirror outside the shower area! We asked for turndown service and extra bath towels at night before we left for dinner. Without fail every night they were delivered. I also ordered a rollaway cot at no charge. We called for extra pillows. housekeeping was very nice.

A nice tip I gleaned from other TripAdvisor visitors was to rent a small refrigerator so we could eat breakfast in the room and save $$$. Since my family didn't wake up until late morning, this was a great idea. I found a recommendation for FoodStore2Go.com. I got a gallon of milk, a dozen bagels, butter, cream cheese, 6 apple juices, 24 bottles of water, some munchies like cookies and chip & salsa, Frosted Flakes, 1/2 lb. deli turkey. For a family of four for 6 days I spent $106. We told them when we would arrive and the groceries were in the lobby the moment we checked in -- the guest services folks kept the cold stuff in their refrigerator! We never had to buy breakfast or get dressed to venture for food. I also packed in my suitcase plastic spoons, paper plates and paper bowls plus three butter knives. Best thing I ever did!

We booked out trip through Liberty Travel and included transfers to and from the airport. i was surprised it takes about 45 minutes to drive to the resort upon landing. Also anticipate customs to be very s-l-o-w.

Weather was glorious and how fun it was to watch on TV a NE snowstorm blowing back home while we looked out at 80 degrees and sunshine from our balcony.

For coffee drinkers, there are 2 Starbucks on the property. A Grande was $2.90, about the same as home. We ate at Carmine's (our favorite of the week), Murray's Deli, Johnny Rockets, Marketplace Buffet and Virgil's BBQ.

My eldest checked out the library (!) with free internet. There was a boarding pass kiosk in the lobby and I had no problem checking in and printing our departure flight. Lots of window shopping in several shopping corridors.

Like slot machines? The casino was awesome! One of the slot hosts saw me playing and signed me up for the in-house club. I was playing pennies and earned $50 cash back on the final night. I was told I averaged 43 cents a play so you needn't be a big spender!!

The only thing that didn't work was the ATM machine in the casino. Not sure why. My husband even called Wells Fargo back home and there were no problems. So we weren't able to spend more $$$ - probably a good thing!

My eldest son & I took a morning into the city of Nassau and visited the Pirates Museum and walked along Bay Street. Fun. Shopped for souvenirs and easily found a taxi back to the Royal Towers. The taxi into town is a fixed price -- just see a doorman or guest services for details.

Overall, we had a fabulous week. We purchased and paid for the trip months in advance so our only charges were food and lobby store purchases (hat, sunscreen, magazine, candy). We spent $1300 for a family of 4 for 5 belly-busting dinners, poolside snacks, CRUSH admission, lobby shop purchases, etc. averaging about $50/day per person.

We have been home 2 weeks and are still bragging to friends about how wonderful The Royal Towers and The Atlantis was!

Room Tip: We used the expertise of a travel agency - something I rarely do. But this property is huge (5 diffe...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank PRwhiz
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Although we are grandparents,and were there without children, I saw the merits of what the West Tower had to offer. It was close to all of the kids stuff and the water rides. Close to the real beach and the man made beach. We had friends there also, who had a 4 year old girl. There were activities for her every day. You can drop off your children or stay with them. There were early movies in the Real Movie theater for the kiddies and later for the older kids and adults. We went to a great new movie every night. I felt the hotel was very safe for children, whom I saw on the water rides alone. Lots of friendly personnel with their eyes open. Very clean grounds. Lots of security. We were able to purchase transfers from the airport at a very reasonable cost directly from the hotel. There was a grocery store a short walk from the hotel where we could purchase fruit and water. I have recommended this vacation to my children who have little ones. Of course I will go with them. Even though we were a couple, I enjoyed the family atmosphere.

Room Tip: The Royal Tower has an east and west. Choose the newer West. It is farther from the casino, but I...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank dutto11
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We visit Atlantis - Royal Towers for our Honeymoon Trip between 8/06/12 - 12/6/12.

First i will say that we book the transportation from airport to the hotel and back from the Atlantis website and the service it was very good and on time.

For the hotel: It's a very good hotel, extraordinary places and pools. They create a small paradise there. The outside places are fabulous and you need days to explore it. They have an excellent aquarium inside the hotel for free. Beautiful lagoons outside the hotel, water parks etc. Too much things to see and to do that you cannot describe in just few lines.

The rooms are OK, nothing special, big but old and classic furniture's. The buffet (we went 2 times there) it's very good, good quality food and sweets. Also we ate to a Chinese restaurant, very good food. The prices for all things in the hotel are higher than normal but you have too much options (pizza, burgers, Chinese etc.) The harbor is very nice place to visit also.

Overall, it's a nice place for relaxing and swimming in the pools and the beach. For us the 4 night stay it was more than enough. I recommended for relaxing holidays.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#6 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#1 of 37 in Nassau

Been to Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!