We went to Atlantis on December 6-9, 2012. Since we purchased our trip via Amex travel, my fiance and I used Majestic Tours for our transportation from the airport. I really wish we would have just caught a cab. We met other friends down there and they paid less for a cab then we did for our tour tickets between the two of us. We had originally booked a water view room. When we arrived, I requested an upgrade. Surprisingly, we were given the upgrade to a complimentary corner Regal Suite. This room was amazing!! We have a large living room, large bedroom, his/her closets, large bathroom with huge tub and separate shower. Of course, I loved the tv in the bathroom mirror. We also had 2 bathrooms in the suite. Since it was a corner room, we had 2 balconies facing the water and the dolphin cove. It was really nice!!
Food was good on the property. But, everything is so expensive. I got a liter of water and that was $10.00 after gratuity was automatically added. We also went to the Steakhouse on the property. I found it good. Prices like Ruth's Chris but not as much food. One day we went off the property to the "Fish Fry" to eat. This is a place most locals tell you to go. I think the cab drivers get a kickback for taking tourists there. It is authentic Bahamian food. I found the food tasty. The cab ride was 15.00 for 2 people and each additional person adds $3.00 to the cost. So depending on what you order, you may make off better eating on the resort verses the price for the cab ride and meal.
We enjoyed the water slides and lazy river. There are plenty of inner tubes around the resort and plenty of chairs to layout in. I think the next time I visit I will stay at the Cove. Although it's further from the Royal Towers(which is centralized to everything), it offers a more exclusive experience.
Overall Atlantis is well kept up. They run like a well-oiled machine. Everyone who works there was friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection is the most reflective of mythical Atlantis, featuring grand architecture, artwork and design. Standard rooms at Paradise Island hotel have one king or two queen beds, a sitting area, and French balconies, while suites have full balconies. All rooms and suites offer terrace, harbour or water views. These towers are closest to Mandara Spa, the Fitness Center, Aquaventure, Atlantis Kids Adventures, The Dig, Casino, two main pools, and several gourmet dining options. It's easy to enjoy the pristine white beaches of Paradise Island and gorgeous lagoons from our resort hotel in the Bahamas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Royal Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Royal Hotel
- Atlantis Royal Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Royal Towers
- Royal Towers Atlantis
- Royal Towers Of Atlantis
- Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island