The Royal at Atlantis, Autograph Collection
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$260
$198
Bay View Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$140
Hotels.com
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$221
  • Beachfront
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$378
Bookit.com
$529
$1,660
$734
$426
  • Beachfront
The Coral at Atlantis, Autograph Collection(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$373
$1,526
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
6,720 results
All reviewsroyal towerswater parkwest towermeal planlazy riverdolphin cayper personmarina villagebimini roadmarine lifefamily vacationdining planleap of faithjohnny rocketsrapid riverseafire steakhouseonce in a lifetime
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Had a great week at the Atlantis and everything was first-rate. Had a few issues with the room like the bathtub not draining when you take a shower and the coffeemaker in the room not working. But one phone call and all was handled promptly with follow up from staff that all was taken care of to my satisfaction. The only advice I would recommend is that you go into town to dine as Nassau has some great restaurants at a fraction of the cost or a meal at Atlantis even when you add in the cost of a cab ride. The meals that I did eat at Atlantis where good just price wise with drinks very high for what I had. The digs and the aquariums are a must see.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sirbadboy
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I'm going to try to provide you the most down to earth review as possible. My wife and I traveled 10/18-10/24 with three other couples.

Check In - Absolutely perfect. A gentleman (I wrote his name down and of course proceeded to lose it) checked us in and took care of explaining everything and answering all of our questions. He said he had us set up in a room with two queens. I asked for a room with a king and as high up as possible. He said, "since this is our slow season I will go ahead and upgrade you to a junior suite on the 16th floor." PERFECT!!! We were in room 16555 overlooking Dolphin Cay and the cruise ships. It was a stunning view.

Room - Very nice/spacious. If you don't want anything out of the mini bar just don't even open the door. Everything is on a weight sensor and you will be charged even if you just pick something up to look at it. No big deal. Our room temperature was either too warm or too cold. Plus, there was a loud "ticking" noise when the A/C was on. Not overly annoying but it did wake me up a couple times (In all fairness, I am a light sleeper). Like other reviews stated, the resort is showing some signs of aging...but nothing that detracted from my stay.

Cleanliness - Our room was clean, the bathroom/shower were very clean so no complaints there. Halfway down our hallway there were two glasses outside a room ALL WEEK. That is unacceptable. I mean, it didn't have any impact on my vacation...but my wife and I joked about it all week. As many workers as they have on sight, it shouldn't be too hard to pick them up. Plus, we saw management on our floor several times yet they didn't pick them up either. It's the little things!!

Grounds - The grounds are impeccable. They are constantly mowing/trimming bushes/sweeping/etc. Beautiful place.

Casino/Sportbook - We all had a great time. There was a nice crowd in the evenings but never had a problem finding a table game to play. Lots of good looking people walking around and everyone generally having a good time. Drinks are free while you are gaming...so that was definitely a bonus. One complaint...the smoke is almost unbearable. The ventilation system is poor at best.

Food/drinks - WAYYYY over priced. $9.50 for a pina colada. REALLY?! We tried several different restaurants...

Bimini Road - Don't waste your time.
Seafire Steakhouse - Decent...but nothing to brag about. Prices comparable to a Smith & Wollensky but the food was average at best. My wife really liked the Conch Chowder, but my surf and turf ($60ish) wasn't worth it at all.
Poop Deck - We had a great experience there. Our server was awesome and our food was above average...and decently priced.
Johnny Rockets - Typical Johnny Rockets. Not bad.
Marina Pizza - We actually really enjoyed just getting a slice or two of pizza ($6.50 for a really big slice) and sitting outside looking at the HUGE yachts. The pizza was pretty good and the penne pasta ($10.50 for a large) was good too.
Shark Bites by the pools - Got a pretty good burger/fries/soft drink for $11. Not bad. Plus, the soft drink was free refills...and anything free at Atlantis is like gold!!!
The breakfast cafe (beside Marketplace) - a bottle of orange juice, cranberry muffin and banana...$12.88. WOW.

All in all, if you are looking for 5-star (or even 4-star) restaurants then Atlantis is not for you.

Our first day there we went to the liquor store and bought some liquor, mixers and beer. We would take a cooler of beer with us to the pool/beach and saved a TON of $$$ doing that.

Dolphin Cay - We did the shallow water dolphin swim and it was AWESOME!! Definitely a must do!!

Ocean Club Golf Course - Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I have played some of the best courses in the states (TPC Sawgrass, The Greenbrier, etc.) and this course is right up there with them. The conditioning was perfect and the views are stunning. The holes on the water and the houses on the course are picturesque (see photos).

Only had one time share salesperson bother us and we just walked right past her...no big deal.

The slides and pools were really nice. All of the fish tanks/shark tanks/sting rays, etc. were very cool.

Overall, we had a really good time. BUT, with as many vacation options as there are in the world, the Atlantis/Bahamas did nothing to make me want to return. Just another place checked off my "to-do" list.

Room Tip: Views from the upper floors are gorgeous!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Atlantis is an incredible resort. The massive aquariums are very impressive! The Aquaventure waterpark was great fun for the grandkids and adults. The grandkids and their parents went snorkeling in the resort's bay and had a great time swimming with all the beautiful fish and rays. Beautiful view from atop the Power Tower.
When we arrived there was some confusion about us having reserved 2 rooms under my name but the Front Desk ladies were wonderful! They gave us complimentary upgraded rooms and resolved the issue the next day. The comments others have made are true about the cost of food on the resort. Bottled water is quite expensive if bought there also. We dined in Seagrapes for the breakfast buffet and although pricey the food and service were worth it.
We ate two evenings at Johnny Rockets (not exactly Bahamian flair but cheaper) and the food was quite good and affordable. We took a taxi across the bridge and ate at The Anchorage in the Fish Fry district which was much cheaper and a fun experience. Our cab driver was a lot of fun and shared a lot of knowledge on our trip. Our trip was a couple of days too short (4 nites) so we didn't get to go downtown shopping.
We were a bit shocked at the food prices and we've stayed at the Hiltons in Hawaii and 4 star resorts in Mexico so we thought we were prepared.. Otherwise I can't say enough about how friendly everyone was and how beautiful and clean the entire facility is.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RonBetty
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have been to Atlantis many, many times. I love going somewhere where you don't have to leave the property to have a great time. This was my second time in the Royal Towers. My other trips were to the Coral Towers. The lobby in Royal Towers is magnificent. The rooms are really just an average room, but fine for sleeping. The bathroom could be nicer The size is fine except for the toilet area. I wish it was a little larger and prettier. For a Royal Hotel, the throne area should be cheerful not empty and plain. The water smell from the sink can make you gag. You can't even brush your teeth and not be miserable. The good stuff out weighs the bad though. So many pools to choose from, the dig, the fish all over the property, the beautiful landscaping, choice of restaurants, and of course the Casino. A big part of the reason I go here. I don't win, but my rooms are comped. So I take the good with the bad. I went this time with my daughter and 7th month old grandson. We had a great time.

Room Tip: Tell the hotel you want a firm mattress & good water pressure in the shower. As far as sink water I think it is lousy all over.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SlotqueenNewYork
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Bahamas is like our second home. Watched the Atlantis rise from the ground and have been going for 18 years. What a transformation. I agree that its a bit pricey but get to know the people and learn the ins and out of the Island. Great Restaurants right over the bridge. Even better food under the bridge.
Here's a few great restaurants over the bridge.
Lucciano's of Chicago Italian
Poop Deck ( On the water Pick your own fish) fresh Fish and seafood
Golden Palace Chinese Bahamian Flair
Fish fry (About 10 restaurants) Fresh seafood lots of fun
Gray CLiffs (Ask for wine cellar tour)( CIgar Roller) French influence ( Expensive)
Heres a few Under the Bridge.(This is where all the Locals go for lunch and dinner) the best Conch Salad, fried fish and seafood on the island.
BEST Conch Salad IN Caribbean See George Stand 4