7,103 results
All reviewsroyal towerswater parkwest towermeal planlazy riverdolphin cayper personmarina villagebimini roadfamily vacationmarine lifedining planjohnny rocketsrapid riverseafire steakhouseleap of faithbahamian club
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We went back to Nassau for our 50th wedding anniversary. It is a great place to vacation with many things to do. We did the swim with the dolfins and it was wonderful.
The hotel is on an island so you have to take a taxi to go into town or to try other resturants. Make sure all fees are included when you book.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank albe40
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I just go back from the best 4 day vacation ever. The Atlantis resort is incredible.Everything you want is there and more. The beaches are long and clean and the water is luke warm and crystal clear.The restaurants and buffets are fresh and plentiful and 6 star. The rooms are large and clean with beautiful Artwork all over the place. The view oh what a view.The Aquariums and pools of fish all over the resort is simply incredible.Sharks rays; turtles and dolphins hammerheads reef sharks mantas you name it they are all there.The aqua adventure park is just pure fun.We are going back in January. If you feel that you deserve to treat yourself then this is the place to do it. Is it expensive? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes. Some advice buy the Food Plan before you get to the resort it is more then worth it. Walk to the liqour store which is about 3 minutes walking and save alot of money. TRULY A 6 STAR RESORT

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Let's face it--it costs to stay at Atlantis. You know that going there. Stayed in a Royal Towers Suite that was to die for! It was wonderful. The property is gorgeous and I found all staff to be very pleasant and cordial. Didn't find free wi-fi anywhere on the property (don't know that there was free wi-fi) so that would be another cost but Atlantis isn't cheap. Even if you don't stay, you can buy a day pass and visit the water park. It is definitely worth the visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AClarke625
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel is an experience, but, it comes at a very high price . Everything is overpriced - from the bottled water at over $3.00 for a small bottle, to the $2.67 banana. Taxes and addt'l miscl charges to the basic room charge per day are rediculous. I think the rooms in the Royal Tower are starting to show some wear and tear. When we opened the door to the room, we were hit with a Lestoil smell that was very unpleasant. I think they were trying to cover up the smoke smell since none of the rooms are smoke-free. The lighting in the bathroom is very poor and they need to install magnifying makeup mirrors for us ladies. The rooms could stand an upgrading and if they were smart, they would start that soon, since there is a new complex coming to town - the Bahama Mar scheduled to open in 2014. Its near the Sheraton and its going to have 2,000 rooms, waterparks, etc. I think its gonna give Atlantis a run for their money. Its closer to the airport as well. We were there for 6 nights and some of the restaurants were closed and it looked like they were closed every night, so it wasn't that they were just rotating service. All of the restaurants are over priced - some worth it and some not.
You also need to dress up for the evening, as everyone had cocktail dresses on and spike heels. Unfortunately, the women forgot to tell their mates to bring dress up clothes as well. Almost all of the men had shorts and t-shirts on. They looked so mis-matched. The casino needs to improve on their air-filtering system. The smoke was very thick and burned my eyes, so I couldn't stay there very long. The pools are nice, but they need to tone down the beat-box music that was blasting (and I mean blasting) everyday from noon until closing. We're on an island - what happened to the raggae music? It was so annoying, I couldn't even read and by 3:00PM, I had a terrible headache from the constant boom, ba boom, ba boom! The other really annoying thing was the chamber maids that were talking loud in front of your door every morning, yelling down the halls to each other and talking on their cell phones like they were home. Not everyone is awake at 9:00AM when they are on vacation, especially when my husband was at a conference and I could sleep in! I blame management for that because they are not properly trained. I'm glad I stayed here once, but if I were to go back, I would try the new Bahama Mar. Some suggestions: If you eat at Virgils Barbecue, and there are only 2 people in your party, ask for half orders because the portions are family size and much too much food for 2 people. Also, try to make your reservations for dinner before you arrive. We couldn't get into one or 2 restaurants before 9:00PM or 9:30PM, which is much too late to start dinner.

Room Tip: Ask or the ocean view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I am taking time out of my day to write AND call the Mandara Spa at the Atlantis Bahamas to express how severely dissatisfied I am with your salon service.  I have never in my life experienced such unprofessionalism, impoliteness, and incompetence.  I will now explain my situation and how it ruined the day of my best friends wedding in which I was a bridesmaid for.

Another bridesmaid and I came into the salon for updo's for the wedding.  We had called ahead and booked appointments for just this.  When we got there I was greeted by Pat a "stylist".  She sat me down and asked if I had washed my hair that day or the night before - I replied that it had been washed that morning.  Most importantly it was also DRY.  At this point Pat sprayed some sort of oil into my hair and said "I am putting in what you took out today", and then proceeded to blow dry my hair for approximately 3 minutes.  Around this time the other bridesmaid I was with came to me in extreme panic because she was told her updo would cost around $200 (the brochure states they start at $85).  You can imagine the both of us were a little taken back by this.  I then SPECIFICALLY asked Pat if mine would be the same, but she assured me that it would "NOT COST MORE THAN $95".  I proceeded with my updo and let my friend know we could all pitch in for hers, because obviously we needed these done before the wedding at 5pm.

Once my updo was complete I went to check my bill that Pat had me sign and the total was $174.  I was EXTREMELY upset because of how much it cost after she assured me it would not be more than $95, however I had a wedding to attend in 2 hours and signed my bill.  When I approached the cashier at the spa he stated "so you received an updo AND shampoo and blow dry".  I immediately said NO I did NOT have my hair shampooed and blow dried?  At this time he went to ask Pat and she must have either lied or led him to believe that when I came into the salon my hair was WET.  I told them to please check their cameras if this is going to be an issue because I am NOT paying $50 extra dollars for a service THAT WAS NOT PROVIDED TO ME.  Then the cashier and other stylist told me because she did put a blow drier to my hair that it was a $50 charge.  I told them to get their supervisor, which they did.  The "supervisor" came out of her office and reviewed the bill.  She asked if I had my hair shampooed I said no, she asked if I had my hair blow dried and I said YES but it was DRY when I came in.  She looked at me and said the charge will not be taken off of my bill.  In tears I went to the counter and said I have a wedding to attend and had them charge it to the room.

Is this honestly the manner in which you run your salon?  At the Atlantis none the less?  To charge people for services they DID NOT RECEIVE and then LIE to try and make you believe that they did in fact provide a service?  Once again my hair was DRY when I came in - she sprayed some disgusting oil in it and then blow dried it for around 3 minutes.  Does this suffice for a $50 CHARGE that is defined as "shampoo and blow dry"?  And the "supervisor" has the audacity to tell me that I was in fact provided this service - she must have not been listening to a word I said to her regarding the situation.

Pat is a liar and I believe the salon took complete advantage of me.  I had a wedding to attend, I needed my hair done, and I had a time limit.  I will NEVER request going to the Mandara Salon and I will make sure to let everyone know the extremely pathetic service I unfortunately had to deal with on a very important day in my life.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple