7,108 results
All reviewsroyal towerswater parkwest towermeal planlazy riverdolphin cayper personmarina villagebimini roadfamily vacationmarine lifedining planjohnny rocketsrapid riverseafire steakhouseleap of faithbahamian club
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I arrived at the Bahamas on Thursday 10/4 with my boyfriend we were there for my friend's wedding and staying till Sun 10/7. We were on the same flight with two friends, when we all arrived we were greeted at the airport with Bahama mamas & live music. Then aprox 30mins our $45 cab drops us off at Atlantis the Royal tower. I was in awe, what a beautiful place, the attention to detail is amazing. Check in was very quick & staff was very friendly. Our initial room had a few hiccups key would not work, bathroom light did not work and there were a few strands of long hair on the bed. We reported the issues and MarioJones at guest services went above and beyond to help us. He moved us to a new room and escorted us to make sure the room was up to par but unfortunately the 2nd room smelled like mildew. He then moved us to another room which was perfect( ocean view#9514). He was so empathetic, courteous, and professional he really took care of us. We walked around till we found a convenient store and liquor store (thru casino out by the marina) stocked up for 3 days worth on water($8-8pkg) chips($5), bread($6 loaf), jelly($6) & 1bottle of Bacardi zombie($20) and were good for breakfast & pre game drinks. (day1)Lunch at Johnny rockets for two $30 including tip,(day2) poolside $22 for two no tip needed self served(day3) the fish fry downtown ($8cab to cruise ship docks) shopping the ($1.25bus to the fish fry) delicious Bahamian seafood we went all out($60) whole fish, stir fry with lobster,conch& shrimp, chicken strips, fries, salad & coleslaw, water & tip. We skipped dinner the 1st night since we had lunch very late (day2) dinner we went to diner next to the marina at the royal which was good & we spent about $40 for two (day3) wedding reception which the food was delicious. The wedding was gorgeous for both the ceremony in the gazebo by the ocean at the beach tower as well as the reception by the pool at the cove tower. The aquariums are beyond amazing you will be speechless and the slides are so much fun especially the leap of faith just b careful with the current you will get nauseous if u get seasick easily. Overall I had a great time and I would definitely go back again. I was so nervous due to all the negative reviews but I have to say it was a great experience for both my boyfriend and I. Bahamians treated us very warmly and made us feel welcomed at Atlantis and outside Atlantis. The only negative were the rooms they need a little updating but overall very clean with the exception of the long hairs initially.(I think someone brushed their hair sitting on the bed)

Room Tip: Stay at the royal Tower it is centrally located to everything (9514) was a great room. Although I was not fond of the decor. The view was amazing ;)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Janixa
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed on the 19th floor of the Royal Tower from the 17th through the 20th of September and had a great time. The view from my room was incredible, the furnishings, room layout and small balcony made for a great experience. The in room refrigerator with drinks and snacks is surprisingly expensive and leaves no room for personal use.

The greatest feature of this resort is the pool areas with great slides and the longest lazy river I have ever seen, it is well worth a couple of days of your time. The huge onsite aquarium and their recreated archaelogical site "the Dig" are well worth visiting.

The casino is huge and the drinks are free while you are gaming; slots and table games are in abundance and have limits to fit every budget. The onsite restaurants are really pricey: Nobu and the Bahamian were really great I am just glad that our group sponsor picked up the tabs!

Travel to Nassau is easy: $11.00 by cab and $3.00 by water taxi.

If you visit Atlantis take plenty of money and enjoy yourself!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Dufferme
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had 4 free nights at the Royal Towers thanks to the casino. Arrived Saturday, Oct.6, and preety much flew through customs & immigration. Fergie's taxi was waiting for us outside and we stopped at the store on the way in. Got to the RT lobby and we were the only ones there. The casino had reserved a water view non-smoking room but we are smokers. The great checkin lady managed to get us a harbor view smoking room, but an end unit with a full balcony. This was great since we spent mornings and evenings on the balcony. All the staff that we were in contact with were great. The only problem we had was with Murray's Deli. It was closed every other day, no reason. We did eat at Johnny Rockets and Anthonys. Neither was very good. On our next to last morning we had a visitor in our room - a four inch long lizard. We had the cleaning lady get rid of it. How it got to the 8th floor we'll never know.
On our last day we took a taxi to the airport. We gave ourselves plenty of time, about 3.5 hours. As with our last trip here, we were through C & I in about 15 minutes. Go figure! For you smokers, there is a smoking lounge across from Gate C41 in the US terminal. $10 gets you in and a drink of your choice. We had a great time overall.

Room Tip: Try for a full balcony. Not many rooms have these.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Overall, the hotel room is average but the grounds and the view are pretty nice. I have no complaints with the view. The water park is fun and the bartenders are cool and make excellent drinks. The place is very expensive and you will spend a lot of money on "just ok" food but there are plenty of small places outside of the resort that have more reasonable prices like Viola's or Anthony's. The best place I ate at that was at the Marina Pizza shop. Really good pizza. The resort did remind me of Las Vegas. The casino kills the paradise vibe for me but I can see how people will really love this place. Overall, nice place but be ready to spend about $8.50 for water and $52 for a buffet dinner!

Room Tip: Get a view of the ocean!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keepupwithmrsjones
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Like any super hotel not built in the last few years, the decor at the Atlantis Royal towers is a tad dated, but so are many of the great Vegas hotels, so it really is what it is. Our room was fine, with a view of the harbour, but it's the hotel attractions that make it so good. Great choices of food, some are reasonably priced (The breakfast buffet is good and ok priced- about $28 per person- some $10 more than the Bellagio and not as good) and you then have some real fine dining places, which are priced highly and can vary in quality- we ate at the seafire steakhouse- which was superb. Atlantis grill which is located at the beginning of the casino is pretty good, staple diner food- good burgers and wings, with friendly service. I recommend here for eating lunch and if into barbecue, go to virgils real BBQ for some monster plates. Murrays deli in the marina is good for food, as is the marina pizza take out for a few slices of pizza. Avoid Bimini rd if you want to get served on the same day. Great casino with fun staff, the beach past the paradise lagoon is awesome, with free loungers and whilst you get approached to buy drinks and local craft, it's by no means in an aggressive and annoying way. Good gym, which if free- would be even better- I paid $50 for a 7 day pass. The pools are numerous and offer some peace and quiet if you don't have kids, or chaos if you do;-)...all in all, a great location for our 5 night stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple