7,108 results
All reviewsroyal towerswater parkwest towermeal planlazy riverdolphin cayper personmarina villagebimini roadfamily vacationmarine lifedining planjohnny rocketsrapid riverleap of faithseafire steakhousebahamian club
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have spent 4 nights at Atlantis Royal Towers wih my wife and 3 year-old daughter and we loved it. The property is fantastic. It's huge and there are many options for having fun.

First, I would like to congratulate Atlantis staff for an outstanding service. Every member of the staff was always nice and helpful. We stayed at the 20th floor of the West Tower, WHAT A VIEW!
The room was large and comfortable but had a problem with the shower. We called maintenace and were changed to another room on the same floor right away. The Royal Towers have the best location.

The beaches are really nice, specially Cove beach, where the water is calm and good to play with kids. The water park is very good and has pools and slides for every taste. We spent a long time playing at the Splashers pool.

The Atlantis Kids Adventure is also good and my daughter enjoyed it for one hour. The "problem" is that you cannot stay inside for a while with your kids and that may be troublesome for the younger ones. I suggest you take the tour before signing in (from 5:15 to 5:45).

We had the dinning plan and it was really worthy. Our daughter ate for free. Buffet at the Marketplace is very good both for breakfast and dinner. At lunch we always had a quick meal by the pool.

Before I went to Atlantis, I read many complaints about the prices and gratuities. Well, it is what it is... a great hotel with great service has its price. However it is not nearly as absurd as some people report and there are no surprises since you can previously check every product online.

I look foward to return to Atlantis next year.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Oswaldo M
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The water park -lazy river and the water slides are fantastic. Occupied the kids for hours. Also the introduction to scuba was great value. The hotel rooms are however 3 star - the resort needs upgading. We were moved 3 times ( we had 2 interconnecting rooms) the first 2 room changes were poorly presented and not up to any standard. In fact the manager took 1 room out of service to be repainted when he viewed with me. The front desk attitude was very poor. Eventually upgraded which was a huge 2 bedroom suite but the customer experience was poor. The water programs are great but if you're looking for luxury this not 5 star.

Room Tip: You need to be on a high floor to get a great view. We stayed in Royal Tower West on level 15 looking over the pools and beach -it's a great view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank philk1957
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Had to stay here with a tagline like "The best family resort in the Caribbean"

Stayed for 5 nights at the Royal Towers September 29 - October 4.

I will start with - WOW, this is one of the nicest hotels we've ever stayed in. The theming is absolutely sensational. They really went all out with this place. It definitely has one of the best Kids pools in the world, our kids had an absolute blast. What a way to spend the day lazing around the pool(s). Slides are AWESOME, a stand out water park in it's own right.
Rooms were spacious and comfortable for us: 2 adults, 3 year old & 6 month old.

Hotel Restaurants were great, particularly, the Atlas Bar & Grill and Virgil's BBQ.

My only critique - the automatic gratutity thet get's added to EVERYTHING. They even tack on a $10 per day room gratuity for cleaning the room. The most annoying part, the cleaners don't even get all this! They receive $2.44 per guest in each room so if there are only 2 guests, the hotel pockets the rest. It's also annoying when you go to a takeaway stand at the pool and they add gratuity to that. I'm surprised there isn't a charge for using the toilet.

Babysitter service was expensive, but fantastic. $25 an hour for 11 hours equals $275 to have our 6 month old looked after for the day. Downside, the babysitter get's 60% and the hotel pockets the rest.

If you're going to stay here, make sure money is not in short supply.

In saying that, the hotel is amazing, I have nothing bad to say apart from the gratuity sham.

Room Tip: Splurge for the Ocean views, if you're spending the money fork out just a little more for one of the most exceptional views in the world.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed at the Reef Tower at the end of September on the 14th floor with the most amazing view from our balcony. The friend I traveled with is a travel agent and I am in Hotel Management and I applaud the customer service of this Hotel...very impressive!! Everyone from the driver of the shuttle, Gary keeping us in stitches to every single employee we encountered during each day...this staff is attentive, friendly and helpful.
We especially enjoyed how quiet the pools at The Reef were compared to the other, busier areas.
We spent most of the day on the lazy river - which was so relaxing and fun. Had average pedicures at the cost of $96 which I would forego next time.
The only negatives were the rocks in the Ocean - the beach and ocean are so clear and enticing but hard to enjoy because there is no place to enter without stepping on a lot of painful, large rocks...but not sure what they can do about that so we spent most ofour time at the many pools.
The other negative is the restaurant prices- be prepared to spend a LOT of money on your meals. The only one of the Nicer/ pricier restaurants that was open during our stay (closed during slower seasons so check before you go) was Mesa Grille and we had dinner there twice-absolutely amazing meals both times and worth every penny.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We just returned from a five night stay in Atlantis on September 25th. This is a perfect time of the year to visit the resort. The resort was not crowded. Yes, there were cruise ship visitors but, there was always chairs at the beach and at the pools. The service was excellent. Even with a rather low occupancy rate, the beach bars and beach food service was in full operation. We had great meals at Dune (serving at the Versailles pool side restaurant sue to renovations at the main restaurant), always great at Mesa and a great experience at Luciano's Italian restaurant in downtown Nassau.. We always enjoy going to The Point restaurant at Harbor Side for breakfast. (you really need to do this).. We stayed in the Royal Tower. As this location is in the middle of the resort, we had quick access to all attractions. So, while others seem to point out problems, we had a hard time finding any real shortfalls.. You really must go to Atlantis NOW!!!!!

Room Tip: Request rooms on higher floors for the best views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family