7,110 results
All reviewsroyal towerswater parkwest towermeal planlazy riverdolphin cayper personmarina villagebimini roadfamily vacationmarine lifedining planjohnny rocketsrapid riverleap of faithseafire steakhousebahamian club
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Had to stay here with a tagline like "The best family resort in the Caribbean"

Stayed for 5 nights at the Royal Towers September 29 - October 4.

I will start with - WOW, this is one of the nicest hotels we've ever stayed in. The theming is absolutely sensational. They really went all out with this place. It definitely has one of the best Kids pools in the world, our kids had an absolute blast. What a way to spend the day lazing around the pool(s). Slides are AWESOME, a stand out water park in it's own right.
Rooms were spacious and comfortable for us: 2 adults, 3 year old & 6 month old.

Hotel Restaurants were great, particularly, the Atlas Bar & Grill and Virgil's BBQ.

My only critique - the automatic gratutity thet get's added to EVERYTHING. They even tack on a $10 per day room gratuity for cleaning the room. The most annoying part, the cleaners don't even get all this! They receive $2.44 per guest in each room so if there are only 2 guests, the hotel pockets the rest. It's also annoying when you go to a takeaway stand at the pool and they add gratuity to that. I'm surprised there isn't a charge for using the toilet.

Babysitter service was expensive, but fantastic. $25 an hour for 11 hours equals $275 to have our 6 month old looked after for the day. Downside, the babysitter get's 60% and the hotel pockets the rest.

If you're going to stay here, make sure money is not in short supply.

In saying that, the hotel is amazing, I have nothing bad to say apart from the gratuity sham.

Room Tip: Splurge for the Ocean views, if you're spending the money fork out just a little more for one of the most exceptional views in the world.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed at the Reef Tower at the end of September on the 14th floor with the most amazing view from our balcony. The friend I traveled with is a travel agent and I am in Hotel Management and I applaud the customer service of this Hotel...very impressive!! Everyone from the driver of the shuttle, Gary keeping us in stitches to every single employee we encountered during each day...this staff is attentive, friendly and helpful.
We especially enjoyed how quiet the pools at The Reef were compared to the other, busier areas.
We spent most of the day on the lazy river - which was so relaxing and fun. Had average pedicures at the cost of $96 which I would forego next time.
The only negatives were the rocks in the Ocean - the beach and ocean are so clear and enticing but hard to enjoy because there is no place to enter without stepping on a lot of painful, large rocks...but not sure what they can do about that so we spent most ofour time at the many pools.
The other negative is the restaurant prices- be prepared to spend a LOT of money on your meals. The only one of the Nicer/ pricier restaurants that was open during our stay (closed during slower seasons so check before you go) was Mesa Grille and we had dinner there twice-absolutely amazing meals both times and worth every penny.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We just returned from a five night stay in Atlantis on September 25th. This is a perfect time of the year to visit the resort. The resort was not crowded. Yes, there were cruise ship visitors but, there was always chairs at the beach and at the pools. The service was excellent. Even with a rather low occupancy rate, the beach bars and beach food service was in full operation. We had great meals at Dune (serving at the Versailles pool side restaurant sue to renovations at the main restaurant), always great at Mesa and a great experience at Luciano's Italian restaurant in downtown Nassau.. We always enjoy going to The Point restaurant at Harbor Side for breakfast. (you really need to do this).. We stayed in the Royal Tower. As this location is in the middle of the resort, we had quick access to all attractions. So, while others seem to point out problems, we had a hard time finding any real shortfalls.. You really must go to Atlantis NOW!!!!!

Room Tip: Request rooms on higher floors for the best views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Allentowntraveler1
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We just came back from the Bahamas! My husband and I stayed at the Royal Towers for 3 nights. The staff are amazing and genuinely friendly! Checkin was quick and painless and our view of the manta ray lagoon was amazing!

Everything's definitely pricey, but there are good options in the area. We avoided the Marketplace buffet as breakfast was $28/person and dinner was $57/person! So we walked 8 minutes to the Marina area and ate at Johnny Rockets ($33 total) and Quiznos. We had breakfast at the Starbucks in the mornings ($7 for a breakfast bagel with bacon and egg). We also bought extra water for $1.50/bottle in one of the shops at the Marina ($1 can of pop as well). I know others have gone into town and it's cheaper, but we were happy with $1.50 compared to water at the pool $3.50 (plus 15% tax) or $4.60 gatorade.

DO NOT move anything in the minibar as apparently the items are sensored so you're automatically charged if things get pulled out. We had a bottle of water ($3.50) on our statement but the front desk removed it painlessly once we told them what happened.

We took the water taxi to downtown for $4/person one way and did a little shopping in the Straw Market. We also walked to the Fish Fry area (15-20 minute walk from the water taxis) and had cracked lobster, jerk chicken, and conch fritters (our most expensive meal at $50). I wouldn't say the food was spectacular, but it was good.

The location to the waterpark is perfect. We did the Lazy River a couple times. Definitely get oriented with the area first as we spent a bit of time trying to figure out where we left our sandals. We spent an evening in the casino which was a standard casino experience. Bring comfortable shoes as the resort is huge!

Overall, a great vacation!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andh_19
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Since my fiancé and I didn’t see any shore excursions we wanted to take while in Nassau, we decided to wing it. As soon as we left from the cruise ship pier we were stopped by a gentleman who would take us on an island tour for $20 pp for a few hours, which included a stop in at Atlantis. We paid our $40 and hoped into the waiting mini van, taking up the last 2 stops. The tour ended with 45 minutes in Atlantis.

The fine folks at Atlantis do have some parts of their resort open to the pubic, especially ones where they can make money. So the casino and its shops are open to the public.

We make our way to the casino and head towards the shops first. We run in and use the restrooms and grab some snacks. Nick heads straight to the tables while I am wondering what I will do. When I spy a gorgeous chandelier ad ask an employee if it is a Chihuly. He smiles and tells me it is and guides me towards the chandelier. He tells me there are 3 on the property and tells me I am more than welcome to take pictures and mentions there is a book on the instillations at the gift shop.

The casino covers 7 acres of gaming fun. They host 100 tables that include Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Baccarat, and mini baccarat. The casino is the largest in the Bahamas and offer 750 slot machines as well. If you prefer betting on games, the Pegasus Race and Sports Book will be glad to take your donation! If you are really good at this stuff then you may want to check out on of their tournaments. They host a number of them through out the year including poker tournaments or slots championships.

High rollers and rated players get the special treatment here. They get one of 41 VIP luxury suites located throughout the property. Cain at the cove is the ultimate luxury in paradise deal. It features poolside cabanas with a butler and top notch amenities. VIPS also receive special access to live performances at the Atlantis Live. If you are staying at the Cove, Cain at the Cove offers craps, blackjack, and mini baccarat. The Seaglass offers blackjack and roulette tables. You also have access to a casino host.

In 1998 Sol Kerzner added 4 Chihuly instillations to his casino at a cost of $1 million each. They were the Temple of the Sun and the moon and the Atlantis Chandelier. There are also 2 smaller pieces located at the Atlantic Chandelier. According to the book on the pieces, there is a 4th piece called the Crystal Gates but I have no idea what has happened to that piece.

You can walk out of the casino from the back and get a glimpse of this luxurious resort. You can not go too far without a pass or being a guest. But they allow you enough of a glimpse so that you will want to return.

After taking plenty of pictures, I had time to hit the gift shop while my fiancé was collecting his winnings. The book on the Chihuly pieces was $50, so I left it in the gift shop. I came home and ordered a “used” edition on Amazon for $2 that arrived still wrapped up like in the gift shop!

Stops at the Atlantis are included in many cruise ship and island excursions.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends