Comfort Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$366
$251
$364
Riu.com
  • Breakfast included
$174
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$336
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Bay View Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$181
$102
$550
$479
  • Beachfront
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$188
  • Beachfront
Club Land'or Resort(Paradise Island)
$138
Hotels.com
$1,125
$590
Hotelpower.com
7,037 results
All reviewsroyal towerswater parkwest towermeal planlazy riverdolphin cayper personmarina villagebimini roadfamily vacationmarine lifedining planrapid riverjohnny rocketsleap of faithseafire steakhousebahamian club
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We just came back from the Bahamas! My husband and I stayed at the Royal Towers for 3 nights. The staff are amazing and genuinely friendly! Checkin was quick and painless and our view of the manta ray lagoon was amazing!

Everything's definitely pricey, but there are good options in the area. We avoided the Marketplace buffet as breakfast was $28/person and dinner was $57/person! So we walked 8 minutes to the Marina area and ate at Johnny Rockets ($33 total) and Quiznos. We had breakfast at the Starbucks in the mornings ($7 for a breakfast bagel with bacon and egg). We also bought extra water for $1.50/bottle in one of the shops at the Marina ($1 can of pop as well). I know others have gone into town and it's cheaper, but we were happy with $1.50 compared to water at the pool $3.50 (plus 15% tax) or $4.60 gatorade.

DO NOT move anything in the minibar as apparently the items are sensored so you're automatically charged if things get pulled out. We had a bottle of water ($3.50) on our statement but the front desk removed it painlessly once we told them what happened.

We took the water taxi to downtown for $4/person one way and did a little shopping in the Straw Market. We also walked to the Fish Fry area (15-20 minute walk from the water taxis) and had cracked lobster, jerk chicken, and conch fritters (our most expensive meal at $50). I wouldn't say the food was spectacular, but it was good.

The location to the waterpark is perfect. We did the Lazy River a couple times. Definitely get oriented with the area first as we spent a bit of time trying to figure out where we left our sandals. We spent an evening in the casino which was a standard casino experience. Bring comfortable shoes as the resort is huge!

Overall, a great vacation!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andh_19
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Since my fiancé and I didn’t see any shore excursions we wanted to take while in Nassau, we decided to wing it. As soon as we left from the cruise ship pier we were stopped by a gentleman who would take us on an island tour for $20 pp for a few hours, which included a stop in at Atlantis. We paid our $40 and hoped into the waiting mini van, taking up the last 2 stops. The tour ended with 45 minutes in Atlantis.

The fine folks at Atlantis do have some parts of their resort open to the pubic, especially ones where they can make money. So the casino and its shops are open to the public.

We make our way to the casino and head towards the shops first. We run in and use the restrooms and grab some snacks. Nick heads straight to the tables while I am wondering what I will do. When I spy a gorgeous chandelier ad ask an employee if it is a Chihuly. He smiles and tells me it is and guides me towards the chandelier. He tells me there are 3 on the property and tells me I am more than welcome to take pictures and mentions there is a book on the instillations at the gift shop.

The casino covers 7 acres of gaming fun. They host 100 tables that include Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Baccarat, and mini baccarat. The casino is the largest in the Bahamas and offer 750 slot machines as well. If you prefer betting on games, the Pegasus Race and Sports Book will be glad to take your donation! If you are really good at this stuff then you may want to check out on of their tournaments. They host a number of them through out the year including poker tournaments or slots championships.

High rollers and rated players get the special treatment here. They get one of 41 VIP luxury suites located throughout the property. Cain at the cove is the ultimate luxury in paradise deal. It features poolside cabanas with a butler and top notch amenities. VIPS also receive special access to live performances at the Atlantis Live. If you are staying at the Cove, Cain at the Cove offers craps, blackjack, and mini baccarat. The Seaglass offers blackjack and roulette tables. You also have access to a casino host.

In 1998 Sol Kerzner added 4 Chihuly instillations to his casino at a cost of $1 million each. They were the Temple of the Sun and the moon and the Atlantis Chandelier. There are also 2 smaller pieces located at the Atlantic Chandelier. According to the book on the pieces, there is a 4th piece called the Crystal Gates but I have no idea what has happened to that piece.

You can walk out of the casino from the back and get a glimpse of this luxurious resort. You can not go too far without a pass or being a guest. But they allow you enough of a glimpse so that you will want to return.

After taking plenty of pictures, I had time to hit the gift shop while my fiancé was collecting his winnings. The book on the Chihuly pieces was $50, so I left it in the gift shop. I came home and ordered a “used” edition on Amazon for $2 that arrived still wrapped up like in the gift shop!

Stops at the Atlantis are included in many cruise ship and island excursions.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sburris65
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Me and my wife just got back from a fantastic week at the Atlantis Nassau. This hotel has everything you can possibly think about. We stayed at the Royal tower east and were extremely satisfied. You get access to facilities in all other towers. The staff are exceptional and very friendly, trained and hospitable. Facilities are second to none. You get endless choices of restaurants ranging in price. You do not need to leave the resort, it will keep you busy. The resort host activities to all age groups. At check In we mentioned that we were on our honeymoon so they offered us breakfast for the wholes stay free and upgraded our room.

I highly recommend this resort. :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tareq M
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have been to the caribbean several times, Nassau 3 times. We finally decided to try out Atlantis and take our kids there. We were traveling in a family group of 10 people. Lets start with the fact that it took AN HOUR for the front desk to check us in. We were staying in a 2 bedroom suite and an extra regular room. The suite was very spacious, but outdated and dirty. We couldn't get the tv to work and the carpet was damp. But that's not why I rated this terrible. We visited in September and the resort was rather slow. One afternoon we chose to go down to the Lagoon and let the kids play in the sand. There was a lifeguard stationed there (obviously on duty) and 6 of his lifeguard friends (either on break or off duty). The group of them were being rather loud and obnoxious, hollering a lot. I asked them if they could please keep it down, we just wanted to enjoy some quiet time on the beach (we were the only resort guests at the lagoon), like I said it was dead. This apparently irritated the group of employees because they started glaring at us and muttering under their breath and then laughing very loud. After a time they became more bold and started speaking quit loudly about what a rich [--] I was and telling fat jokes about myself (I am overweight, but certainly not joke worthy). This of course upset me greatly, I was embarrassed and humiliated. I would have just left if it were other guests, but these were employees of the resort, so I went in search of a manager. It took an hour to find one and the group had run off by then. The manager promised to look into it and said his boss would call me. My brother in-law was so mad he went to the front desk and filed a patrons report, but we never heard anything back from that either. Obviously this resort does not care what kind of service they give, we found overall that service was lacking, it seemed that most employees were almost comatose, they never smiled or said hello. I found this horrible attitude in the restaraunts, the waterpark and the spa. Go somewhere else, I find that Beaches is lots of fun and the service superb.
Also, google Atlantis and you will find lots of complaints about the service. The death of a 5 year old with the lifeguards to blame is the most disturbing. Also the death of a child in the lagoon, makes me glad we didn't snorkel in there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My Husband went there for a business trip and I accompanied him. We had a room on the out side corner on the top floor so we actually had two balconies to step out on. It was a longer walk to the elevators but totaly worth it for the view! We loved the water park and the aquarium was amazing!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple