The Royal at Atlantis, Autograph Collection
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$260
$198
Bay View Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$140
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$221
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$381
$529
$1,660
$734
$426
  • Beachfront
The Coral at Atlantis, Autograph Collection(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$373
$1,526
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
6,720 results
All reviewsroyal towerswater parkwest towermeal planlazy riverdolphin cayper personmarina villagebimini roadmarine lifefamily vacationdining planleap of faithjohnny rocketsrapid riverseafire steakhouseonce in a lifetime
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My family and I have been fortunate to stay at the Atlantis Resort on several occasions. We have stayed in the Coral Tower, Beach Tower The Reef and the Royal Tower. The Reef is very luxurious; however, a little walk to get to the main (Royal Tower) area. The Coral and Beach Towers are nice resort hotel rooms. Nothing to flip over.

The Royal Tower is the hub of most activity. The Casino is located in the Royal Tower, and the huge Aquarium is located here ... and spreads out UNDER-GROUND! It is so cool! If I recall correctly - the Movie Threatre is located in the Royal Tower near the Coral Tower ... and movies are FREE to guests.

Atlantis showcases Music and Comedy Headliners, as well as Sports Events. When visiting the Bahamas, be sure to sample the traditional Conch Salad. I found a local vendor "George - Midnight Conch" located across the Atlantis access bridge. He prepares this delicious meal from all fresh ingredients. Wow - it's not an Atantis vacation without trying Conch Salad from George. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

BTW - Atlantils has about 7 Pools around the resort, and snack huts near all pool areas. Atlantis also operations a fantastic Water Park. It's Lazy River is AWESOME, it actually has tunnels with small rapids! There are several water slides and the lines are not usually too long. Atlantis also has a nice Beach; so, don't forget your mask & snorkel.

It is expensive. Get in touch with a Travel Agent or Casino Rep and you may be able to work out a "sweet deal". In our case, we stay for FREE. My partner compensates our stays with what is spent in the Casino. Check this place out.

Room Tip: Beware - Atlantis is expensive for the average family. They offer meal plans in the Royal Tower buffet. I have never seen a better, more diverse selection of foods anywhere! Use Comp. Points (Casino Pts) - they pay off at the end of your visit.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Papagobbler
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I vacationed at Royal Towers, Atlantis this month and was surprised at the excellent service I received. I can very well say that this has been the best service I have ever received at a hotel or resort and I have travelled in about 15 countries. The staff at Atlantis are exceptional, very friendly and always had a smile on their faces. I enjoyed every moment of my stay at this resort. From the moment I stepped in to this resort, to the end of my stay, I had excellent service from all the staff. The resort has lots to offer, from water parks, to an amazing gym ( you need to pay to use the gym), a casino, many restaurants and bars. The Market Place restaurant at Royal Towers offers a good buffet whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner. Plato's has a nice patio where you can enjoy a good cocktail.I loved their table top fire place.
One thing not to be missed is a tour of The Dig, the underground aquarium. Our tour guide was Therika (Hope I got her name right), and I was amazed her knowledge of marine life. Make sure you get to see the Manta Ray in this aquarium.
The Atlantis has 141 acres of fun and relaxation. I enjoyed swimming in their man made lagoon. One should also experience the Mayan Temple water slide and the Rapid river ride.
Food was expensive at Atlantis but we enjoyed the dinner at Chopsticks.
With the readily available shuttle to take guests to other buildings in the property, there is a good choice of restaurants to choose from. We tried the lunch buffet at Mosaic in The Cove and found it to be really good.
The tour of the city took us to The Straw Market where we were able by some souvenirs and we were also able to visit Fort Fincastle and see the Queen's Staircase. The Bahamas is a beautiful place and the people were extremely friendly.
I was pampered at Atlantis and will definitely return to Royal Towers. This is one place that no one should miss !

Room Tip: The rooms from the 17th floor upwards in the Royal Towers has an awesome view of the water park and the ocean beyond it. I stayed in the East Tower.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PPerera
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Maybe it's because I'm British but although I liked Atlantis I wasn't blown away by it. I stayed here for a week on a business conference.

The public areas are indeed outstanding, and the rooms are really nice (big, clean, well furnished) but starting to show their age a bit. Staff are all incredibly friendly and the food is generally good.

I think two things bothered me about it. First of all it is all, obviously, completely fake and manufactured. You wouldn't know you were in the Bahamas were it not for the wonderful staff - really, this place could be anywhere in the world. To me that's a real shame but others might think 'so what'. To each their own.

The other thing was that the food & drink prices are really, truly scary. I was fortunate in that nearly all of my F&B was included in the conference programme, but on the few occasions that I did buy things myself I just couldn't help feeling completely ripped off. This leaves a very bad taste in the mouth for should otherwise be a great family experience for those on 'vacation'.

I must say, however, that the conference facilities, for both business and evening socialising/networking, are top-notch. They do a very good, slick job.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor with a nice view if possible, and you'll be rewarded with sweeping views of the swimming pools, parks and the sea. Otherwise you might be landed with a view of the side of a car park and not much else.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank teefaf
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Atlantis is beautiful. I love the Royal Tower. We have kids of all ages. It is centrally located and close to everything. We signed up for the meal plan and that took a lot of stress off the group as we traveled with another family. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have ever had. The meal plans include breakfast and dinner. There are so many fabulous restaurants to choose from. We ate a late breakfast and therefore did not need lunch. The kids, however, needed lunch and the pool bar offered chicken and fries with unlimited refill of a drink for a very reasonable price.

If you like to swim in the ocean and prefer really warm weather, don't go in the months of November through March. The weather is so iffy. I like to swim in the ocean so I went in the summer months and it was nice and warm. My sister went in March and she was cold.

Water is expensive to buy there. We took a taxi downtown and stocked up on water for the room and some snacks for the kids. There is a grocery store right over the bridge into paradise island.
Some people brought water with them and then had to pay for the luggage as it was too heavy. Just bring a little water and go to the store.

The Royal Tower Hotel is better than the Beach or the Coral Tower. The Cove and the Reef are beautiful but geared for couples and older visitors in my opinion. We have traveled a lot and my children loved the Royal Tower which is priced in the middle. In the day, the water slides and lazy river occupy so much time. There is also a private lagoon for snorkeling right in the resort. The beach is great and you can often find some great jewelry from vendors.

Night life is terrific, casinos, movie theatre, night club and outdoor shows. You cannot be bored here. The grounds are so magnificent. All said, we will be back.

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view on a higher floor in the Royal Tower. The view is spectacular.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The vacation we had was in August of 2012, the facility is immaculate and so fab! The hotel room in the royal towers was dirty, broken glass in the bathroom corner and the mini bar had opened packages in it....but your never in the room except to sleep so.....the food plan is a must, its worth it. These restaurants are alk high end, make your reservations before you leave, Mesa Grill is great, the Italian rest. and the steak houses are 4 star. We ate the buffet every day as
its included for bfst. One trick is if too crowded go to the place on the pier its never too busy.
The buffet is pretty average for everything other than bfst. We avoided it except once for dinner and it was a disappointment. The cove is great for beaching it, the location is far enough away that you don't have to worry about the chairs.....the water park is Aplus.......I loved the slides. Snorkeling with the stingrays in the ruins is a must in the big tank, the feedings of the turtles and stingrays are free and worth it, get there a few minutes before to get a spot. The experience is facinating its up close and personal....Don't forget to walk over to the Beach Tower and see the cool big black sharks swimming in the lagoon, its amazing. Loved the vacation will go back again next year but not stay in a dirty room......

Room Tip: If you can afford it get the lagoon room, you can see the Dicovery cove from the room with the dolphins all over, ask to look at the room first before you accept it.....If you can get a suite do it, the rooms in the royal are not so great but the location is super, do not stay in Beach tower its nasty and the other one closer to the end of the property. Stay from the Royal towers on......Cove and the last one, newer properties. Great vacation for all.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family