The Royal at Atlantis, Autograph Collection
  • Restaurant
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
6,709 results
All reviewsroyal towerswater parkwest towermeal planlazy riverdolphin cayper personmarina villagebimini roadmarine lifefamily vacationdining planleap of faithjohnny rocketsrapid riverseafire steakhouseonce in a lifetime
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Great rooms with 2 queen beds, beatiful view of harbor, and so much to do . All of the staff was so nice and they were located everywhere. will go there again and worth the money. there was also so much to do on the island and theres a waterpark and beach just a couple miles away.

3  Thank Bernadette B
Reviewed August 24, 2012

the hotel is old, if you been the one in dubai, you will think this hotel is just nothing.
start it this way.
1st. the booking and changing booking will only be done using phone, so Im calling from Indonesia, and they're slloowww.
2nd. the lounge for waiting the room?? its not a loung but a bath room. thats it. dont call it lounge
3rd. the meal plan is bull. the food totally the worst food in any 5 star hotel that I ever been to, this hotel owned by the sun group, so I expect better in term of food. but this place food is a jookkee.
4th. staff in the restaurant named Margo is the only rude staff. she screamed at me, shouted at me when I told her I already had a table with my family. look Im not a small kid you can screamed or yell just like that. when the other waitress talk to us and we chatted with the other waitress, she looked at us and shook her head. what on earth is she trying to do.
5th. everything is expensive in nassau, buy bottled water from outside. the hotel charge a ridiculous price for water.
6th. this hotel is materialistic. the only materialistic hotel I ever been. no photographed in every attraction, you need to buy pictures from them that cost 200usd.and its a must, else, no photos.
locker they even charged for hotel guess, and its ridiculously expensive, 7dollars.
7th. the internet, they told me it was 9.90 for 24hr, and i asked for 5 times, they told me its 9.90, and I confirmed it again, they says yes it is. but when I checked out they charged me 19.90, and the same lady I talked to laughed and says, we never have 9.9internet ever.
8th. Ive been booking my room 4months in advance, I request to have a view on the beach, yet they still put me to view the bridge. very smart yes.

the good thing about this place.
the location is centralize, they have great attraction, aquaventure, dolphins, just that you need to have unlimited money to be in this place. thats it.
housekeeping was nice and clean.
they have 110 electricity, so if you bringing a baby and your machines and so on is 220, you need to tell them how bad do you need that device to convert the electricity. I having a hard time to sterilize and using all my device.

3  Thank beautifulmatters
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel has all the standard features for vacation: clean rooms (I am picky about super cleanliness and this hotel was fine), good room service (prompt prep, ok food), good housekeeping. The real attractions for our extended family were the water activities with slides, rides, beach access, dolphins etc. So the hotel satisfaction was a secondary consideration.

Tips for families with kids: We had two of our children (ages 6 and 8) go to the cooking classes in the afternoon when they were tired of the water, and they really liked it. They made apple dumplings, and little chocolate lava cakes. Our whole extended family (many kids ranging from ages 4-16) did the dolphin outings which were great!

Getting around the resort was pretty easy using the shuttles.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My family stayed at Atlantis Bahamas in August and we had one of best family vacations ever (and we've been to Bali, Cozumel, Hawaii, Phuket, Sydney, London and many other great places!). Consistent great service from the local Bahamian staff--hospitality seems to come naturally from them. The room was awesome--spacious, attractive, stylish, comfortable and functional. No nuisances. Food and beverage was top notch--my daughters (ages 17 and 21, one of them on a vegan diet) say the buffet is the best they've ever had. It was great and the table server was as good as any you'd find in a full-service restaurant. The TV ads make the resort look like such fun, and it really is. The dolphin experiences, SCUBA diving, and the resort's own (free) movie theater all together just blow your mind. Stayed for 5 days, and it was just one delightful surprise after another. Atlantis belongs on your bucket list.

Room Tip: All views face water. As usual, request to be far from the elevators and ice machine.
1  Thank NongFooTom
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Rooms: only reason i didnt give it a 5 is because the rooms are average at best. dated, but clean.
Resort: Absolutely awesome! Huge! Multiple pools and about a mile of beach!
Price: It is true what others have said on here that it is expensive. 20/day for internet. 15/day for gym. Multiple fees added to daily room charge.
Food: Pricey-prices are for 2 people with one drink each. Virgils-delicious-$90-had leftovers. Bimini Road-good fish,average burger-$75. Mesa grill-good, but way overpriced-$180,2 meals + 1 appetizer and no drink. Steak was good but not worth $54. Casa D Angelo-very good, but pricey-$125.
Would definitely go to the "fish fry" which is a group of local restaurants. we went to Oh Andros and it was amazing. 15 min taxi ride for about $15 on Nassau.
Plaza across from coral towers with grocery and liquor stores reasonable priced (about $20 for fifth of absolut).

Room Tip: If you could afford it, stay at the cove
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple