First of all, the resort in general was gorgeous! The rooms and grounds were nicely kept, the staff was very helpful and personable. There were several different types of pools and the beach so you could pick a different one each day. There is a walking path that goes in front of the resort so you can get in a daily walk/run. Never had bad service at any of the restaurants or bars. There was entertainment nightly in the little lobby area (bar). They also changed all the beverages out in the mini bar to what we drank upon request, which was nice because the alcohol from the mini bar was cheaper than at the bars and restaurants downstairs. The only bad thing I really would say about the place is that they do charge you extra for every little thing and they add gratuity to every charge for drinks or food, even if there was no one serving you (like at the buffet).
Now as for what I would do differently, first, if you are trying to do this trip a little cheaper, I would not buy the meal plans. The meals can be done cheaper a lot of the times by just going to the places, unless you want an appetizer, meal and dessert per person at every meal. There were several times when we just wanted something small so we'd just go downstairs to the bar area and they were serving sandwiches, breakfast, yogurt, etc (ie, in the mornings). Second, I wouldn't necessarily stay in the royal tower but one of the cheaper ones. Granted we had a great view. I walked through the cheaper towers on my daily walks and the lobbies were just as nice and everything was connected. The resort isn't as spread out as it looks.
In all honesty, I think the resort was great, but as I dont' have kids and I'm not a big water park person, I'd probably stay somewhere else on Paradise Island next time and do a day pass to Atlantis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection is the most reflective of mythical Atlantis, featuring grand architecture, artwork and design. Standard rooms at Paradise Island hotel have one king or two queen beds, a sitting area, and French balconies, while suites have full balconies. All rooms and suites offer terrace, harbour or water views. These towers are closest to Mandara Spa, the Fitness Center, Aquaventure, Atlantis Kids Adventures, The Dig, Casino, two main pools, and several gourmet dining options. It's easy to enjoy the pristine white beaches of Paradise Island and gorgeous lagoons from our resort hotel in the Bahamas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Royal Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Royal Hotel
- Atlantis Royal Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Royal Towers
- Royal Towers Atlantis
- Royal Towers Of Atlantis
- Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island