“Nice Restaurant”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
“Nice Restaurant”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Nice atmosphere. the meals were good and not over priced like I imagined since it was in the casino. Good lunch and we went back the next night for the dessert platter to go. Whoopie pie, deep fried oreos, ice cream and other treats. goof for 2 $16.00

New York, New York, United States
“Inedible scallops infused with cigarette smoke from the casino”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I ordered scallops with risotto. They were fishy and inedible. The risotto was undercooked so that the rice was crunchy. The service was aggressive and grouchy. Our table was alongside the casino, separated only by a wrought iron fence- there were literally people smoking 5' away at the slot machine.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“The second worst meal I've ever had”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We came here for lunch on our first full day in Atlantis. We both love raw shellfish so we ordered their large seafood tower, which included a sampling of all their raw bar items. The price for it was $140. Our server said it came with 24 oysters, but it actually came with 12 oysters and 12 littleneck clams (and actually, they forgot one so it was just 11 clams, but we didn't press the point). We generally like both so that wasn't a problem.

The problem was that it was horrid. Having lived in Vancouver, Seattle, and Boston, I know exactly what good raw shellfish tastes like. I didn't expect this restaurant to be at the same level, but I at least expected the food to be palatable. It wasn't.

The oysters (allegedly Blue Points, according to our server) were the worst I have ever had. There was a thin film of slime on them that revealed that they were far from fresh, but they didn't seem to be obviously unsafe to eat because they had no taste whatsoever. We think they may have been frozen, which is something that should never be done to oysters that are going to be served raw--it kills them too early and completely ruins them. We ate them anyway since we don't like to waste food, and thankfully we did not get food poisoning.

The littleneck clams were probably also frozen based on the lack of brine, but they did have a bit of flavour left and I didn't feel the same sense of trepidation as I ate them.

The lobster and shrimp were both severely overcooked. I don't think it's even chemically possible to poach something more thoroughly than they did. It was a struggle to cut the lobster meat from its shell and my heart saddened a bit more with each bite.

The conch ceviche--which I had been excited to try--was bland, but a big improvement over the previous items (and it was fresh since conch is of course local).

The tuna tartare was by far the least terrible item. Assuming it too was frozen, the texture did not suffer greatly from it. It was passably seasoned with just a little bit of kick. I actually enjoyed eating it, but it didn't make up for the rest.

In addition to the food problems, the service could have used some work. Our server was the least enthusiastic server I have ever had at a restaurant. They also got mixed-up on our cocktail order--they said they were all out of what I had ordered, so I ordered something else, and then they brought both! They gave me one of them for free of course, so it worked out in the end.

In total we paid about $195 (including cocktails and mandatory 15% gratuity).

After the meal, I racked my brain and I could only think of one meal in my life that was worse (see http://www.yelp.com/biz/bell-thai-seattle#hrid:K2zjKfy1Lee_HVOAtjsr1w). And it was less than half the price.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Tristan S
Mentor, OH
“This Olive is the PITS!!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We came here as a group of 4, the place was totally dead with maybe a total of 10 people seated at tables, there were plenty of open tables available and we still had to wait to be seated. Everyone working here seemed to be floating around in their own little bubble of ignorance. They seemed bothered that they even had to work. Once we got seated, we placed drink orders which came out fairly quickly and were spot on. We then placed 2 appetizer orders which seemed to take forever, especially considering one was fried calamari and the other was an olive assortment with different sauces / dips. I made the mistake of ordering the jerk shrimp flat bread - absolutely burnt to a crisp black on the bottom and one side, the shrimp seemed like a last minute afterthought that were thrown on at the last second, they were under cooked and had a down right unpleasant taste.....when I mentioned this to our server he said it was supposed to be that way and asked hadn't I ever had an oven baked flat bread pizza before?? Yes, I sure have and none have ever been this nasty! 2 others in the party ordered the ribeye steaks, they could barely cut through the meat it was so full of fat and gristle, said it was like chewing a piece of shoe leather. It was only cooked on one-side, was ordered to medium well and was inedible. The server took both steaks back to the kitchen - which is open to full view - we could clearly see the cooks, chef and wait staff pointing at us, shaking their heads - they sent over the manager who proceeded to argue with us about the quality of the steaks. They wouldn't take anything off the check at first, after arguing back and forth they finally ended up cutting the price of the steak dinner in half. I wouldn't return to this place, nor would I recommend it at all! We were excited to see this place was open at 7 am until 3 am - hoping it would be a nice place to sit back, relax and enjoy a good meal.......boy we we're wrong!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Phoebe156
Redmond, Washington, United States
“Bland. But the PB&J dessert was pretty good.”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Went with a large group to Olives - a Todd English restaurant. Was expecting so much more. The drink refreshment service was slow, the food only so-so, but the dessert was great.