For the price, location, and accommodations, you cannot go wrong at the Harborside Resort at the Atlantis in the Bahamas.
The Villas are ideal for families with kids. It’s not for couples on romantic retreats. Everyone says Atlantis is expensive and they’re absolutely right. But if you are on a budget traveling with family and children, then Harborside will be a pleasant surprise.
The location is within a 2 to 3 minute shuttle bus ride to the Atlantis Royal towers/main pool/ casino and outdoor shops/mall. We stayed only 3 nights and did not have enough time to check out The Cove or the Reef hotels, but we were not disappointed because we had more than enough to do. Harborside has its own pool but much more laid back and relaxing than the nearby Royal tower pools. The pools at the Royal Tower are a lot of fun for the kids. Everyone ought to try the Lazy River and Leap of Faith water slide. The casino was great fun for adults, especially because most of us won, and there were lots of restaurants to choose from both on the Atlantis Resort, such as Carmines and just over the bridge in Nassau, like the Poop Deck. We even had time for a fun, but hot and very humid, fishing expedition using Captain Jules' 40? foot boat.
The Villas themselves are what you would normally expect to stay at if you were at timeshare—nothing fancy but just enough room and very functional. We stayed in a 2 –bed/2-bath villa with small kitchen, living area, and small patio. We definitely saved some money by bringing our own food and cooking breakfast and lunch a few times.
There’s a lot to do in Atlantis. It’s not cheap. You will gasp at the prices ($5 plus for Starbucks tall coffee, $26 for sunblock, etc). The pools can get crowded and if you don’t get up early enough, it can be a chore to find chairs by the pool. But Harborside Resort provides a pleasant retreat for families looking to enjoy and explore Atlantis and Nassau, Bahamas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the natural wonders of warm Caribbean breezes, blue crystalline waters and sparkling white-sand beaches, Harborside Resort offers Atlantis guests a vacation filled with beauty, relaxation and excitement. Situated just across the marina from Atlantis, you have access to a wealth of private amenities combined with the home-away-from-home extras that only a spacious, private villa can offer. The Harborside Resort is just steps from a harbor front restaurant and pool area, a children's pool with fountains, a fitness facility and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlantis - Harborside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Paradise Island
- Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Atlantis
- Harborside Resort At Atlantis
- Atlantis - Harborside Resort Bahamas/Paradise Island