This was a trip planned 6-7 months in advance. We had a large party 10 adults, a teen,
three kids and a 17 month old. We booked 2 two bedroom deluxe villas.
Cost was 8400 for four nights. If you go to starwood vacation you could probably reduce
the cost to 5800 but you may possibly have to listen to a timeshare presentation. The cheapest room at atlantis is about 400 or 450 per night and the most expensive
would be at the cove 650 or ocean club 700 per night. Given the fact that there is a plethora of activities and beautiful scenery and of course, all the water parks- the rooms are reasonably priced.
It was hot and humid so august may not be the best time to visit. They say this is slow
season but the hotel was very very crowded. Reserving your spot is crucial if you want
to lounge with some shade. Go early before 930 am and you should be fine.
Always go through either the coral or royal tower if you don't want to walk for miles
to get to the pool sites. The grounds are well maintained and the pools are very clean.
The temperature of the water is very very pleasant and warm.
FOOD: I would recommend fathoms (in front of the DIG) for breakfast. 17.95 per person
Carmines is great but portions are gargantuan. One order feeds at least 3-4 people.(35-50 entree prices)
The titanic is a great dessert that literally will feed 5-6 people. We really liked the poop deck across the bridge but the cab ride is rather expensive.( 4 dollars per person ) THe plantains here are a must try and the fish was very fresh.
We ventured into the fish fry area and ate at seafood haven which was more authentic
local cuisine. There was live music and a very casual atmosphere. Again the cab ride
at 3-4 dollars per person the 15-20 minute ride to the downtown area can be a deterrent.
Realize service is rather slow so be prepared to wait at most restaurants. Advance reservations will always save you precious time if you are on a schedule.
We really saved money by eating breakfast and lunch at the condo.
There is only a stovetop and toaster and microwave available. NO OVENS.
Pack water and soda and snacks if you can. Prices are astronomical.
My brothers did some grocery shopping( juice eggs milk water, two bottles of wine, maybe 24 cans of beer, cream cheese, oil, butter, 20-24 cans of pop) 300 dollars!
We brought bagels from home(costco) , a brita water filter, oreo cookies, pringles cans
starbucks coffee, and granola bars. These proved essential for our family trip.
Final note: don't forget the sunscreen/block and aloe vera gel unless you want to pay
17-30 dollars a bottle. (hats and sunglasses too) floaties, toys for the beach and swim diapers for those with young kids
THere are a ton of activities all listed on the atlantean newsletter.
Free movies and free scheduled classes are available if you have the time.
THe shuttle leaves every 4-7 minutes from the villas and this is very very convenient.
Internet is available in the lobby for 15 minutes per day and is complimentary but there is usually a wait.
Housekeeping comes daily. We had issues with the safe and electrical outlet but these
were corrected immediately.
GET YOUR WRISTBANDS at the pool by HARBORSIDE villas NOT at the main pool .
You will avoid long lines.
THe marina is a great place to go in the evening, shop and admire the beautiful boats.
CASINO is a terrific diversion for the adults.
This place is grand and opulent and similar to LAS VEGAS combined with pools and a waterpark.
YOU WILL ENJOY EVERY MINUTE!!!!
FUN SUN REST AND RELAXATION.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the natural wonders of warm Caribbean breezes, blue crystalline waters and sparkling white-sand beaches, Harborside Resort offers Atlantis guests a vacation filled with beauty, relaxation and excitement. Situated just across the marina from Atlantis, you have access to a wealth of private amenities combined with the home-away-from-home extras that only a spacious, private villa can offer. The Harborside Resort is just steps from a harbor front restaurant and pool area, a children's pool with fountains, a fitness facility and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Atlantis - Harborside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Paradise Island
- Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Atlantis
- Harborside Resort At Atlantis
- Atlantis - Harborside Resort Bahamas/Paradise Island