This was our thrid trip to Atlantis Harborside. We actually bought there five years ago, but have traded out in two of the years.
The resort just keeps getting better and better. The new Marina village is up and running with four great restruants and some wonderful shops --including a full sized Starbucks. The resort is great --my only complaint this year was the hot tub was too hot --I amguessing about 106 degrees. No one could stay in for more than few minutes except a Japanses family that thought it was perfect. We complained every day and every day we were told the tub was fine and they wouldn't lower the heat. At one point there were six of us sitting around the tub with nothing but our feet in the water when the manager came over. He stuck his hand in the water and say that feels fine. Everyone sitting there complained, but he still wouldn't do anything. Finally he comes back with a small bucket of ice and throws it in this tub which is 12 feet across and said "maybe this will help." We all burst out laughing.
Here are some tips to save money. They say you can't check in to your room unitl 4:00, but we found the rooms are almost always ready about 2:00. When we arrive at the airport, we ask the taxi driver to take us to a supermarket to buy food. There is a large supermarket in the suburbs near the airport on the way into town. It is much cheaper than the city market in town or the little market in Hurrican Hole Plaza across from the resort. Obviously if you arrive at 9AM you wouldn't want to buy much frozen or refrigerated products, but we usually get in about noon or 1PM, so by the time we shop and get to the resort we can usually get right into our room.
We always go out to one of the expensive resturants at least twice, but like to save money other nights.
A great place to eat, drink and meet people is the Green Parrot Bar at the Hurrican Hole Marina. Its about a 5 minute walk from the resort --just ask the front desk for directions because it is hidden away. The food is excellent, the view is awesome and its cheap !!! Another good place is Anthony's Bar adn Grill, just across the street from Marina Village. If you look at the Scotia Bank on the cornor, go left and walk about 100 yards and you will find Anthonys. The menu is Italian and Bahamahian. There is also an excellent small Italian resturant in the Hurricane Hole Plaza. I can't remember the name but its easy to find.
Breakfast: Most mornings we just cook and eat in the room, but we do like to go out once in a while. When you corss the street to the Hurricane Hole Plaza there is always a cute Bahamian girl standing there with menus and she directs you to the Good Foods place with the Yellow Umbrellas. Just before you get to it, you pass a place with blue umbrellas. Stop There. The food is good in both places, but the place with the Yellow umbrellas has horrible service. There is one redeeming feature about Good foods with the Yellow Umbrellas --they bake fresh bagles every morning (which are very hard to find in the Bahamas). The service is so bad I don't want to sit down and have a bagle, but I sometimes walk over in the morning and buy a few and take back to the room. They even give you cream cheese and jelly with each bagle for no extra charge.
Cool Trip: One of the best trips to take is the day-long Island World Adventures. You ride out to a distant very private island in a fast Cigarette-type boat. It really moves and can be a little chilly so always take a sweatshirt or light jacket. Once there you have a great lunch with open bar and explore the island. Next they take you to a fabulous snorkle place --very private and teeming with fish. Next you stop at a sand bar in the middle of the ocean and get out and walk around. Fianlly you go to another private small island where you feed these big lizards. You get back to Nassau about 4PM. Really Really cool trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the natural wonders of warm Caribbean breezes, blue crystalline waters and sparkling white-sand beaches, Harborside Resort offers Atlantis guests a vacation filled with beauty, relaxation and excitement. Situated just across the marina from Atlantis, you have access to a wealth of private amenities combined with the home-away-from-home extras that only a spacious, private villa can offer. The Harborside Resort is just steps from a harbor front restaurant and pool area, a children's pool with fountains, a fitness facility and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Atlantis - Harborside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Paradise Island
- Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Atlantis
- Harborside Resort At Atlantis
- Atlantis - Harborside Resort Bahamas/Paradise Island