We just returned from a week at Harborside. We were extremely happy with the experience, and highly recommend staying at Harborside instead of a hotel room in Atlantis. We rented a 1-bedroom lockoff, which is a premium 1 bedroom plus an adjacent 1 bedroom unit, for our family of 4 plus my mother-in-law. The unit exceeded our expectations! We had a large (1400+ sq. ft), corner unit with a view of the harbor. It was clean and well-furnished, with jacuzzi tubs, Kitchenaid appliances, and all of the pots/pans and utensils you might need.
A few things are not included, however, so you may want to bring them with you if you can't live without them. There are no coffee filters in the room (we used paper towels, worked fine), no salt/pepper, no oil/cooking spray, and no laundry detergent. They do supply a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, which we found sufficient to run a load of dishes once every 1-2 days. We purchased milk, butter and eggs in the store inside Harborside. There is also a small store in the same shopping center as Zio Gigi.
We only took the shuttle a couple of times - it is an easy 10 minute walk via the Marina Village to Atlantis. We ate breakfast in our room every morning and then ate out for lunch and/or dinner. We ate at the Marketplace buffet, Waters Edge seafood buffet, Carmine's, Anthony's, Bimini Grill, Murray's, and Zio Gigi. To be honest, none of the meals were outstanding, and all were expensive. They were all good, but nothing memorable. The buffets were overpriced for the quality of the food, and I would skip them unless you are a big eater or can't live without peel and eat shrimp. Marketplace was far better than Waters Edge. Since we had a kitchen, we often ate half our meal at the restaurant and saved the other half for another meal. Zio Gigi was the only restaurant we returned to - the pizza was very good. We paid $80-100 for 3 adults and 2 kids at each meal, with the exception of the buffets ($45 per adult, $16 per child, half that for lunch). This is not including alcohol or dessert.
We found the service at the restaurants and everywhere in Atlantis to be excellent - friendly and helpful. We encountered not one rude employee.
Our kids (ages 6 and 7 1/2) tried the Discovery Kids Club and loved it. Jet-skiing is a good value - we paid $40 for a half hour - and it was fun, especially when the surf was a little rough. We had great weather and enjoyed the beach and pools every day. One day we went to the straw market for shopping. There are many vendors there, mostly selling the same things - straw bags, t-shirts, and designer bag rip-offs. There were a few vendors selling more unique items - but you had to search for them. We went to the Atlantis Theater and saw a few movies, which we never seem to have time to do at home. We also lost quite a bit of money in the casino :(
One bummer - we left about $100 worth of stuff in our room in a cabinet we forgot to clear out - tennis rackets, robes, etc. and Harborside refused to send it back to us without a Fedex number. We called Fedex and it would be over $100 to send... wish they would be more flexible on this.
In a word -- if you want a relaxing beach vacation with something for everyone - go! You will have a great time! Just make sure to check all the cabinets before you close your suitcases!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the natural wonders of warm Caribbean breezes, blue crystalline waters and sparkling white-sand beaches, Harborside Resort offers Atlantis guests a vacation filled with beauty, relaxation and excitement. Situated just across the marina from Atlantis, you have access to a wealth of private amenities combined with the home-away-from-home extras that only a spacious, private villa can offer. The Harborside Resort is just steps from a harbor front restaurant and pool area, a children's pool with fountains, a fitness facility and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Vacatia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Atlantis - Harborside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Paradise Island
- Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Atlantis
- Harborside Resort At Atlantis
- Atlantis - Harborside Resort Bahamas/Paradise Island