“Read This Review!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Read This Review!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Hoping this helps some of you before booking at Atlantis!
I am not one to complain much as I do not require a lot of fancy stuff when traveling. My husband and I were on our much anticipated honeymoon and stayed here at the harbor side. *First off, when we booked, we were not told that this was more of a type of time share place. The entire week, we were hounded by front desk to take a tour and talk about buying in which we were not interested in. But even though we said that they still just kept calling.
*Another huge problem - THE MEAL PLAN - Do NOT buy this!! We were back and fourth about it before we went. We asked about it at the front desk upon checkin. They said it was the best value and that we should take advantage of it. SO WE DID. We were told that we had to buy it right then at check in and that we COULD NOT CANCEL IT!!!!.
Anyway, we figured we were on our honeymoon so we splurged and did it. During our week stay ONLY 3 OF THE 8 RESTURANTS WERE OPEN!!!!
They kept telling us that they would be open "tomorrow". And this was not true! They even at one point one morning told us that one of them WAS OPEN RIGHT NOW so we took a 15 minute walk to the restaurant and it was closed!! We ended up eating at the same place every day because we had already paid for it! BTW water is 12.00 and is not included in meals!
I truly feel that they ripped us off. When we complained about it during check out they had nothing to say about it except that it wasn't peek season and that was why they were closed. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT TO TELL US BEFORE!! They did not comp us any money or ANYTHING. AND THEN....they said we could have cancelled at any time. When I stated that we were told we couldn't cancel, they said "maybe" someone would have made an exception but since we never asked there was nothing to be done now.
**And note- housekeeping didn't show up for three days! We had to call and have fresh towels delivered.
Again, not one to complain a lot and for the record - this resort is BEAUTIFUL beyond words!!! The pools, slides beaches are all amazing!! The staff around the resort could not have been any nicer or more friendly.
Even the locals downtown say that The resort itself will rip you off because there isn't any competition for them. The locals say that!
So it the end.....DO NOT buy the meal plan!!!
One more important thing!! One the website it says there is a free shuttle to and from the airport every 30 minutes.....THEY WILL ONLY TAKE YOU IF YOU BOOK THE RIDE BEFORE YOU EVEN GET THERE!!. This did not make any sense to us. They would not even give us a ride and they were going there and had room in the shuttle. We ended up taking cabs!
I was just very disappointed in the level of service from the hotel itself.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Nikki_P16
Alexandria R, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantis - Harborside Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing Harborside and thanks for posting your feedback on your stay. Based on your review it seems that you did not thoroughly enjoy you stay with us. This is unfortunate especially since it was such a special occasion. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly to get more specific details on your concerns. I can be contacted at hsresponse@atlantisparadise.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Polish first
Burlington, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is the first time that we have used our Star Options to go to another resort other than our Home Resort in Florida. After several calls to Owner Services, we did manage to get 8 nightss at Harborside at the end of September. We arrived at the resort before the normal check-in time but were promised a suite with a view, so we were willing to wait. Check-in was efficient and very pleasant and welcoming. While waiting for the room to be ready, we went across to the Point Restaurant for a late lunch. I wanted to eat something local, so ordered the Conch Burger...big mistake! Tasteless and hard fried shreds of calamari??. My husband ordered a burger and he was satisfied with it...however, very pricey - lunch came to $55 for two burgers and two drinks! After our room was ready, we went across and it was what we expected for a Starwood property.
The best part was that we were able to use the Atlantis facilities and were provided with convenient bus shuttles to and from the resort.
The pool at Harborside was clean and we spent a couple of days enjoying this facility.
We did not appreciate being constantly bombarded by the Concierge to attend the usual "90 minutes sales session" for the handsome sum of $100. I mentioned to her that we were not in the market, but we were called several times and also were sent a letter inviting us to attend. We had to be firm and told them that we were not there to go to sales pitches and to not waste their time and money on this with us.

All the staff that we encountered at the Harborside Resort during our stay were very friendly, pleasant and professional, as were all the local people that we met outside the property. Bahamians are friendly and welcoming everywhere that we went. Our only shock was on how pricey everything was...supermarket food, water, and restaurant meals.

The ferry boat close to the resort is a pleasant convenience if one does not have a rental car. We used it several times.

With all the publicity given to the Fish Fry, we tried it one afternoon and found it to be very greasy and not upto standard. However, we were told by good friends to try the Cricket Club (which is located opposite the Fish Fry area). Thank God we discovered this wonderful place. The service is slow only because they prepare everything very fresh. We trudged there for 3 meals, because we liked everything on the menu and wanted to try the variety they offered. The food is good value (by Bahamian standards), very tasty and fresh. We have recommended this place to everyone that we spoke to.
We will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bodyflojunkie
Port of Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Our flight to Bahamas was about 8 hours with a stopover in panama. We were picked up at the airport and it was going smooth so far. When we arrived at Atlantis, Paradise Island, the place was amazing. So we checked in and were told that they gave us a room with a view. We were staying at Harborside.

When we checked in we realized that the room had no bathtub and rails in the shower. Confused we were told that the room was for differently abled individuals but they gave us for the view.

We told them that this will not do and they changed the room for us. Shockingly the bed in the new room was not made up and there was garbage in the bins. It appeared as if someone had checked out and the room was not cleaned.

So we called front desk again and they told us they would give us another room.
By this time my friend and I decided we would go to dinner and come back to our new cleaned room.

To our dismay the bed in that room was also not made up and there was garbage in the bins again. Well my friend went to the front desk and politely insisted that we get clean sheets and the room cleaned.

About 20 minutes later room attendants and a supervisor came and thoroughly clean the room and apologized. Finally clean sheets.

We ultimately got our desired room and with an amazing view.
We arrived at Atlantis around 5 pm and got this sorted after 11 pm.

Anyway, after our eventful first day the other 8 days were perfect. Our rooms were always clean when we returned from our day’s activities and housekeeping did not once disturb us.

Again Atlantis is an amazing place.
Shuttles always available to take you around the compound, which is huge.
There are lots of activities for both kids and adults.

Harborside is amazing. The rooms have a full kitchen with great appliances. Also has washer/dryer, bathtub, Bose CD payer and that view....WOW.

While that one day would not hinder us from going back to Atlantis and Harborside, management must take note and make sure rooms are ready for quests.

And according to my friend surely we should have been awarded with and upgrade.
Thanks for a great vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Marina
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank heraldgsg
Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We checked into a 3 bedroom on 9/21/13 with 2 other couples, one who is the Starwood member and the villa did not have many of the supplies that are needed like clean towels, remote for LR TV and a few other things. We called the front desk and they said they would have someone bring them right over. No one came so we went out to eat. When we returned no one had brought the supplies so we called again. It took awhile but someone did finally drop off the supplies. The next morning we lost water in our building (Bldg 5) but they said it would be back soon. When we still didn't have water the following morning we called again and they said it would be back soon. Later that day when we still didn't have water, we finally asked to be moved. Unfortunately, they did not have a 3 bedroom unit available but they did put us on the same floor. I will say that the front desk staff was extremely pleasant and tried to help but the experience we had would not make us want to go back to Harborside. However, it was very nice having all the amenities of the Atlantis available and with free shuttle service there, we took advantage of it. The Atlantis resort has a lot to offer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank arubanancy
Mendon, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

3rd Time at Harbor Side and my last.
First Day room had no water and was told it would be on in a couple hours, didn’t happen. Second Day still no water but was promised it would be on by 1pm, didn’t happen. I demanded another room so they sent us to a room that had not been cleaned, no AC, and in disrepair. After arguing with them for a couple hours they found us another room that was acceptable.
We finally moved to a decent room with no help from the staff, we moved all our luggage to 3 rooms and they didn’t offer to help once. They did not offer bottled water when we were out for two days. They didn’t offer anything for our inconvenience. Also had to deal with construction going on outside our building, pressure washing, staging, and walking over tools and equipment.
This was our third time staying here. First stay was a couple years ago and had to be relocated due to plumbing issues. Last year wasn’t bad, no issues. This year sucked, I guess your taking your chances. Their maintenance department is substandard and the customer service is terrible.
I’m really surprised the Starwood vacation network has a place like Harbor Side; their locations are usually top notch, NOT THIS ONE.
I’m also a Starwood Preferred Guest and that got me no were. No comps, no offers, nothing for my troubles. I gave everyone a chance to make it better and got nothing. Not a very good job SPG.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Hazman64
Alexandria R, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantis - Harborside Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property and thank you for choosing Harborside as your vacation destination. When a guest does not enjoy their vacation at Harborside, it is deeply disappointing to us. Unfortunately, while you were here, we experienced unprecedented water interruption due to circumstances beyond our control. On behalf of the resort, I apologize for any inconvenience caused. However, I welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly to address your concerns. I can be contacted at hsresponse@atlantisparadise.com. Once again, thank you for your review.
woodbridge
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Checked in on Sat Sept 21 into a 2 bedroom in bldg 5 only to find ants or some sort of fast moving bug crawling all over the kitchen counter, tv cabinet in the living room and bathroom floor. I call to complain and a nice housekeeping manager comes up and offers to spray, then rude management staff comes up and acts like im crazy threatens to call security saying there are no "bugs" at Harborside, I have photo and video. We then pack up with my 1 year old and 5 year old kids and my inlaws and move to another room. Wake up the next morning to no water, I had to call the front desk only to find rhat a pipe broke and they were working on it. No one came with bottled water, we had to go to the front desk to get it and were advised it would be on by 12pm, then 5pm then 7pm, by 9pm I was done and we moved yet again to building 4 which is under construction. Not a bell man to help no one but my 70 year old father in law and husband lugging all our groceries and luggage tp another building. Did I get even $100 credit nope I got nothing. Hardly an apology. The rooms arent very clean showers have black mold and my feet were black from walking barefoot. Atlantis is awesome but skip tje harborside.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank zano321
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvements and your feedback does just that. While you were at Harborside, we, unfortunately, experienced a disruption in our water service due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances. On behalf of the resort, I apologize for any inconvenience caused. However, the other service concerns you mentioned are uncharacteristic of our resort and I would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns directly. Please feel free to contact me at hsresponse@atlantisparadise.com. Once again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you.
Pompton Lakes NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

The location over the new bridge is greatand the accomodations are what you expect form Interval. The only negative besides food being expensive,which is the norm, was that the pool at harborside was a little cool. Don't forget to go to Fish Fry the food is wonderful and reasonable.

Room Tip: No car is needed, taxis and shuttles are all you need.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple