Hoping this helps some of you before booking at Atlantis!
I am not one to complain much as I do not require a lot of fancy stuff when traveling. My husband and I were on our much anticipated honeymoon and stayed here at the harbor side. *First off, when we booked, we were not told that this was more of a type of time share place. The entire week, we were hounded by front desk to take a tour and talk about buying in which we were not interested in. But even though we said that they still just kept calling.
*Another huge problem - THE MEAL PLAN - Do NOT buy this!! We were back and fourth about it before we went. We asked about it at the front desk upon checkin. They said it was the best value and that we should take advantage of it. SO WE DID. We were told that we had to buy it right then at check in and that we COULD NOT CANCEL IT!!!!.
Anyway, we figured we were on our honeymoon so we splurged and did it. During our week stay ONLY 3 OF THE 8 RESTURANTS WERE OPEN!!!!
They kept telling us that they would be open "tomorrow". And this was not true! They even at one point one morning told us that one of them WAS OPEN RIGHT NOW so we took a 15 minute walk to the restaurant and it was closed!! We ended up eating at the same place every day because we had already paid for it! BTW water is 12.00 and is not included in meals!
I truly feel that they ripped us off. When we complained about it during check out they had nothing to say about it except that it wasn't peek season and that was why they were closed. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT TO TELL US BEFORE!! They did not comp us any money or ANYTHING. AND THEN....they said we could have cancelled at any time. When I stated that we were told we couldn't cancel, they said "maybe" someone would have made an exception but since we never asked there was nothing to be done now.
**And note- housekeeping didn't show up for three days! We had to call and have fresh towels delivered.
Again, not one to complain a lot and for the record - this resort is BEAUTIFUL beyond words!!! The pools, slides beaches are all amazing!! The staff around the resort could not have been any nicer or more friendly.
Even the locals downtown say that The resort itself will rip you off because there isn't any competition for them. The locals say that!
So it the end.....DO NOT buy the meal plan!!!
One more important thing!! One the website it says there is a free shuttle to and from the airport every 30 minutes.....THEY WILL ONLY TAKE YOU IF YOU BOOK THE RIDE BEFORE YOU EVEN GET THERE!!. This did not make any sense to us. They would not even give us a ride and they were going there and had room in the shuttle. We ended up taking cabs!
I was just very disappointed in the level of service from the hotel itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the natural wonders of warm Caribbean breezes, blue crystalline waters and sparkling white-sand beaches, Harborside Resort offers Atlantis guests a vacation filled with beauty, relaxation and excitement. Situated just across the marina from Atlantis, you have access to a wealth of private amenities combined with the home-away-from-home extras that only a spacious, private villa can offer. The Harborside Resort is just steps from a harbor front restaurant and pool area, a children's pool with fountains, a fitness facility and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Atlantis - Harborside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Paradise Island
- Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Atlantis
- Harborside Resort At Atlantis
- Atlantis - Harborside Resort Bahamas/Paradise Island