$174
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$336
Bookit.com
$364
Riu.com
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$366
$251
$550
$479
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Bay View Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$181
$93
Priceline
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

Club Land'or Resort(Paradise Island)
$138
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$199
$187
$1,125
$590
Hotelpower.com
1,916 results
All reviewsgrocery storebedroom premiumbedroom lockoffpoint restaurantstayed in buildingmarina villagewasher and dryercoffee filtersfull kitchenroyal towerspancake mixtime sharemain resortrolling coolerdish soapjacuzzi tubdry goods
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Travelers beware of the 'explorer package' at Harborside. It's a package they offer you when you decline your first timeshare presentation in order for you to come back. They offer a 'discounted rate' that at first seems worth while, but its a scam! With this package, you are required to pay maid gratuity and energy use per person/per night. For a family of 4, thats a totzal of $57 extra bucks added nightly. At first this wasnt a problem, but when youre paying gratuity for maid service you AREN'T recieving and $10 per person per night, it racks up. I could see if it was $10 a night PER ROOM, but $40 a night just for energy? By the time you check out, you're paying well above the regular nightly room rate! I would reccommend staying at the Cove or the Reef at this price.
The room was another downside. Nothing worked. The hairdryer was broken, the iron was broken, the fridge was leaking water, the kitchen was incomplete and our toaster almost caught fire by simply toasting bread for breakfast! At 50K for owning a piece of this dump its not worth your money at all!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank jetsetter0793
Reviewed June 9, 2008

We just returned from a week at Harborside in building 6 (Friday check in) which is in phase II. We are Westin Maui vacation owners and chose Atlantis this year. This was our first trip to the Bahamas & loved the condo which was very clean and nicely decorated. We had a water view with the bridge just to the left of us. The windows work well so we never heard any traffic noise. We had a 2 bedroom deluxe which accomodated our family of 4 perfectly. I posted a detailed trip report in the forum for those interested in other details, but we will defnitely return in the future and would recommend this resort.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Potari
Reviewed June 8, 2008

I came to Tripadvisor before we left for our visit to Harborside to get a few tips for keeping our trip cheap and efficient. I have to say I was really nervous considering a few reviews that mentioned how dirty and outdated the rooms were. Happily, we had the exact opposite experience.

The really clarification here needs to be if you are staying in Phase I or Phase II of Harborside. Phase I is older and has a bright Carribean decorative scheme (a little tacky and definitely more worn). Phase II is beautiful - a very neutral scheme - carpeting and upholstery is clean and very current. Phase II is a little further removed from the front entry as well and it was so quiet we didn't even know we had neighbors. If you don't own a timeshare definitely request Phase II!

As far our travels, my husband and twin six year old boys managed to have a fantastic time - without spending a bundle of $$ (much in thanks to the wonderful tips I found on this site). Here are a few of the ones we used and found most helpful.

- Order from Dominos one night! We ordered two larges and got two meals and a lunch out of it for less than $40!

- Definitely take the $7 bus into the grocery store. You get an hour to go to a local strip mall - enough time to buy the fairly reasonable groceries and even hit the liquor store. (I should note that I'm from a major US city so that should be kept in mind when considering what is "reasonable"). I went by myself and they packaged everything in boxes. The bus took us back to our buildings so it was fine to just send one representative for the family.

- Definitely do the OFF site swimming with the dolphins! Here's the kicker - our Harborside concierge recommended it! It only cost $85 to take the ferry from near Harborside to a gorgeous island about 1/2 hour ride away and we had the experience of a lifetime with the dolphins! (FYI - check out the cost of the Atlantis experience - about $140 per person!)

- Thank you, thank you to the guest who recommended going to the slides later in the day! My family had a fantastic time because of this! We would go to Harborside's pool in the morning, head back to the unit for lunch and then take the shuttle to the Cove (covered separately below) Beach and then off to the lazy river/rapids and slides around 4:00 - no lines, less crowd - a great time!

- To all families with little kiddies who enjoy the beach as well as the pools - definitely head to the Cove Beach! So absolutely beautiful and there is an "arm" of land that comes out (to the right side (by the Power Tower) that protects an entire section from the waves so it's PERFECT for kids to float and play. Don't be afraid to pack pails and big shovels if your little ones like the sand. We brought big shovels and every little one on the beach watched my boys with envy. Honestly, they didn't take that much room in our luggage and we spent hours in our lounge chairs pulled right up to the water's edge while they played in the sand. FYI - water shoes weren't needed for this beach - in retrospect we wouldn't have brought anything but flip flops for this trip.

- DO explore the Atlantis property thoroughly! Everytime we walked, we found different caves and tanks and lagoons to explore. Take the path least travelled - it probably goes to a rope bridge or a waterfall with tiny baby stingrays swimming in it! : )

In the end how much $ you spend is entirely up to you. We eat two meals a day in our room and enjoyed another out. This trip is completely do-able if you do the same. Enjoy! (I know we did!)

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
8  Thank wanderlustdance
Reviewed May 19, 2008

My husband and I just returned from a trip to the Atlantis. We took our two children - a 15 yr old boy and 8 yr old girl with us, and it was awesome. The service throughout the resort was wonderful. We stayed in the Beach Towers, and the room was great with an awesome view. Each evening someone from housekeeping stopped by to check to see if everything in our room was okay. With four of us staying, we went through a lot of towels, etc and each time we called to ask for more we got them almost immediately. The staff here was great. I talked with one gentleman at guest services a LOT, and he was so helpful and friendly. I wanted to take back souvenirs for my classes and decided to take them back some coins from the Bahamas. The girls in the sundries shop saved out as many as possible for me and called around everywhere to find me more. Even when I returned after 11 pm one night, she still remembered and was still saving them for me. The food is good, Atlas(off the casino) is a great place to eat - the ribeye chop was delicious. It is a bit pricy, but not more than what we have seen in similar resorts (Vegas was ridiculous) and the drinks were cheaper here than in Vegas. You can get a soft drink for $4 at the grills by the pool and there are free refills all day. (We took a suitcase full with us to have in the room) A mixed cocktail is $9, but in Vegas we found them to be 14 or 15. Carmine's is as good here as in NYC, and keep in mind that the $40 pasta dishes will serve between 2 - 4 people depending on your appetite.

We did the shallow water interaction with the dolphins and it was one of the most awesome things I have ever done. My daughter LOVED it. Electra (our dolphin) was so SWEET!!! My son and husband did the jet skis off of the beach for $60 a half hour - they will try of course to get you to do an hr but they were both exhausted from riding it after a half hour. The pools are great! Our favorite was the one right in front of Royal Towers with the suns on the bottom. The boys LOVED the slide into the shark tank. The current(the rapid "lazy river" is a little rough, but fun until my daughter and I were dumped out of the raft and she went under, so I'd skip that if you have a child who is not a confident swimmer. Be sure to go to the beach early because it was much calmer in the early morning but by after noon very rough close to shore.
We took the shuttle down to the Ocean Club to see the Cloisters and the gardens there - beautiful and great photo op. Have the photographers in Atlantis follow you and take pics if you'd like to do that, if not, there are a lot of them in the hotel in the evening taking pics.
We took a taxi into Nassau one evening for dinner($5 each person) - our driver suggested we go to the "Fish Fry" - which is really a row of restaurants. The one he took us to was the Twin Brothers, and the food was AWESOME - conch fritters were 2.50 for 6 and delicious, and then our fried shrimp was great. My son got the grilled grouper fingers (in foil with sweet potatoes, onions, plantains, etc) Delicious flavor! Great pina colodas!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank kfloNorthCarolina
Reviewed April 21, 2008

Our second visit to the Atlantis and a fun time was had by all! The fun time was due to the fact we went with four other families and spent 85% of our time outside and riding down the slides! The kids loved the new slide area and we enjoyed the Marina Village.
As far as Harborside Resort...it is terribly out of date! Our room was NOT what we paid for, and we had a discounted rate. I agree with the other post regarding the dirty carpeting and floors. We stepped out of the shower, walked around for 5 minutes and our feet were black. It was so gross. We also had multiple light bulbs out, the hairdryer didn't work and I hate to even touch on the sleeping conditions. The pillows were hard, comforters worse than a cheap hotel and the pull-out couch had about a 1/4 mattress and an empty bottle of rum under the couch/bed. I hate to be so picky...normally we are very complimentary.
Our friends stayed at the new hotels in the complex and had nothing but praises! Wish we had done the same.
One a positive note...the employees are very friendly, we had great dinners and lots of fun. I would recommend The Atlantis but not Harborside. It wasn't worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family