I recently returned from a 5 day family trip to Harborside with my husband and boys aged 4 years and 22 months. The resort is amazing, and 5 days was barely enough to see and do most of the things they offer. The main resort had so many different feels! In walking 15 minutes, you get a Vegas feel, Sea World feel, water park experience, and a beach! While Atlantis wasn't the cheapest place we could have gone, I can't imagine expecting bargain prices for so many amenities, staff, and adventures! This will be our go to family spot!
I did read before going that it is not the most relaxing place and I will agree! This was a very active vacation and we all came home dead beat, but very happy. If you have younger kids, you have to watch them like a hawk or they will get lost in the crowds. When we wanted to relax we returned to Harborside and hung out at the pool there with was also very nice.
There is so much to do and tell about Harborside (HS from here on out) that bullet points may be the easiest to follow.
Why I am happy I chose HS:
*Washer/Dryer allowed us to wash clothes (brought tide pods) and bring home clean laundry. We were able to pack so much less as a result!
*With kids, it felt like more of a home base, they felt less out of sorts.
*It was so much less busy than the main resort, and my kids really liked taking the shuttles places.
*We really enjoyed the marina village and HS is right next door.
*We booked through Atlantis and had room service daily, and other amenities others paying a little less to book elsewhere did not.
Tips for parents on a budget:
*We opted to stay in at HS over the Royal Towers and cook two meals a day rather than go for the meal plan.
* We packed a suitcase full of pancake mix, tortillas, snacks, popcorn, easy mac and other family staples and gladly paid the $25 airline fee to save money.
*The hotel offers a $7 shuttle to the grocery store for cold items.
*The kitchen is equipped with an ice maker, toaster, microwave, and stove top and everything you need to cook modest meals.
*The water has a different taste, we were glad to have packed a few flavors of Mio to make sure everyone was hydrated.
*Just outside the marina was a liquor store with 80 cent sodas and reasonably priced beverages to take to the pool.
Places to eat:
With little guys, we weren't looking to eat at the higher end places.
*Marina Pizza was really good, offered HUGE slices of pizza at reasonable prices, and was a fun place to sit and eat.
*Murray's Deli was delicious, fast, and has a ridiculous slice of chocolate cake that the 4 of us took 2 days to eat!
*Dunkin' donuts was an ok place to grab some early morning treats to enjoy at the beach.
*Dinner out (at a "cheap" place) for a family of four will cost you at least $80 with an added 18% gratuity. Go to a nicer option and prepare for $200 or more.
AKA: The kid's club was fun for our 4 year old, but he only wanted to go 1 time. There was too much going on when it was time to go, and he preferred to stay at the pool or in the ocean. It is a very good option to get some alone time in during the trip.
Atlantis as a whole:
*Beach and Coral towers were a little less impressive to look at, but still look nice and have a ton to do.
*You need 5 days at least to really experience everything
*We found something new everyday, there are ocean creatures everywhere!
*I can't understand the complaints about $9 drinks, you are on a resort, and for the record, one was all I needed, they were so strong!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the natural wonders of warm Caribbean breezes, blue crystalline waters and sparkling white-sand beaches, Harborside Resort offers Atlantis guests a vacation filled with beauty, relaxation and excitement. Situated just across the marina from Atlantis, you have access to a wealth of private amenities combined with the home-away-from-home extras that only a spacious, private villa can offer. The Harborside Resort is just steps from a harbor front restaurant and pool area, a children's pool with fountains, a fitness facility and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlantis - Harborside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Paradise Island
- Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Atlantis
- Harborside Resort At Atlantis
- Atlantis - Harborside Resort Bahamas/Paradise Island