“Good experience”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Naperville, Illinois
“Good experience”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We have stayed at Harborside 4 times. We bought a property about 10 years ago. We have gone twice with our children. A clear advantage of staying here over the hotel is of course the full scale kitchen. We fly delta and check in a cooler with ice packs full of food and stop at the local grocer on the way there for additional items. If you do this, you potentially can avoid the restaurants. In fact, the first year we brought the kids we avoided the restaurants altogether as all they want is kid food anyway and barely incurred any room charges. Despite many comments in regard to Atlantis showing its age, I would agree with this, however in my opinion, there are really no other vacation spots like this. I am looking forward to returning for many years to come with my family as the familiarity increases with each trip. I am glad I will be able to pass this investment on to my children one day for them to hopefully experience with their own families.

Room Tip: All the harborside rooms are of comparable quality
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Carol H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Polish first
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Harborside Resort at Atlantis was amazing, not only the resort but the staff as well. Marcia and Trameka went above and beyond their every day tasks by being supportive to our family during a family emergency which resulted in one of our family members being hospitalized for 4 days. Thank you to all the staff especially you ladies for showing such compassion to complete strangers. We can't wait to come back and see you all again!

Room Tip: Had a great location in building 6.
1 Thank Beth K
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Atlantis is perfect for ALL AGES. We went with children, teenagers and grandparents and there was something for everyone. Everyone was happy and not bored. Purchase the meal plan because the price for food is ridiculous.

Parrish, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family enjoyed a perfect vacation at this resort! Our room was clean - we asked for a corner unit since we only had a one bedroom - and it was a very nice size. Plenty of room for a family of four including two young adult sons. The pool was great and never very busy. We picked up our wristbands at the Harborside pool each day before taking the shuttles to the water park. The Atlantis is an awesome property and we felt it was a great value to exchange for this location. The staff at the entire property were extremely friendly and helpful - we were impressed! We read other helpful reviews before going and avoided the high priced restaurants. The shuttle for groceries was convenient but you should know that they put your groceries in a big box - not bags so be careful how much heavy stuff you buy as you have to carry the box from the lobby back to your villa. We brought a jar of peanut butter and jelly with us from home. One night we went to Virgil's BBQ where they serve family style. We brought home extra pulled pork to eat for lunch so go there early in the week. Quizno's was a good option ($57) for lunch for 4 although pricier than back home. The pizza at the marina was good too. You can get $9-11 meals at the snack shops on property with free refills and the food was good. Drinks are expensive but you are in paradise!! The room charge feature is very convenient so you don't have to bring any cash or credit cards to the water rides. Read all the reviews you can before you go. A lot of very helpful tips! We had an awesome week at a fabulous property and didn't spend a ton of money because we planned ahead. Enjoy!

5 Thank LC0815
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Family of four...2 daughters ages 21 and 9 so needed to find a place to satisfy everyone. Atlantis is awesome - no doubt there, read those reviews. We have Delta Skymiles so as long as I book the trip as a group, we each get a free piece of checked luggage. I packed one suitcase FULL of snacks. Pop-tarts, cereal (take the bag out of the box, duh), Triscuits, oatmeal packets, micro popcorn, PEANUT BUTTER, solo cups, freezable ice packs, mini bottles, ziploc baggies, can of Pam, non-stick foil, crystal light, COFFEE, coffee filters, sweetner, mac-n-cheese, Saltines, straws, Tervis Tumblers, empty water bottles, you get the idea...anything non-perishable and remotely packable (yes, airport security did rifle through it but most everything survived) but this will save you a TON of cha-ching. Just think about what you/kids would want poolside. Use one of your allotted carry on bags for a cooler of some sort, (we have fab large insulated Lilly Pulitzer cooler bag) and packed it full of even more snacks - chex mix, chips, etc - which came in handy for a snack at the airport or while waiting for check-in. Pay for a taxi to take you across bridge to "cheap" grocery store. Def no USDA/Health Inspections around here so just suck it up and get through it but check everything before purchase. Tip the sweet bag boys - they are precious. Make friendly with your taxi driver, tip him well first time and he is at your beck and call all week (don't forget to get his card with a name and number-bell boys will gladly call them for you). Liquor/beer store right beside the Super Saver grocery. Liquor is cheap, beer/wine not so much but still less expensive than beer at the resort. Only one trip to grocery and bought eggs, butter, milk, juice, steaks, bag of potatoes,lettuce, tomatoes, hamburger meat (for spaghetti), water (buy the gallon jugs and fill your bottles each day although the water from faucet wasn't all that bad), chicken breasts, sausage patties, and several other things - spent $134. We cooked breakfast each day, packed up the cooler with beer, cups, snacks, etc. and hopped the ever convenient shuttles. Only purchased lunch at Atlantis twice and hit the bar a couple of times. Everything comes with automatic 15% gratuity included (which actually saves you $$ if you typically tip 20%). Everything is not "cashless" - but each venue has a clearly stated sign that will let you know if it is a "cashless" establishment or not. Don't panic about internet access/usage...we experienced either no wait/short wait for computers in lobby while waiting for shuttle (also a library somewhere you can use). Of course, we had auto email messages letting people know that we were "totally unavailable" but were still able to check emails and not feel obligated to respond. Harborside does not have ice machines but go to the poolside restaurant and play the "tourist" card...the will fill you up :) Throw in a pack of UNO and Phase 10 cards for quick entertainment on plane and at the room. In a nutshell, an absolutely AMAZING family vacation as we narrow down the years that we still have our college girl with us. A moment after I post this, I'm sure I will think of 100 more tips/tricks...but I did my best :) Enjoy!!

78 Thank Tricia L
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 24, 2013

After my second stay at Harborside I realized that this is one of the only recent vacation spots that I get any real rest with my kids. Even though its located on tourist trap island, I love waking up to look at my dream yachts with Atlantis across the harbor. Its very inspiring! The staff is the same staff that greeted me last time I stayed here two years ago and they are very friendly and helpful. We have found out how to save costs by cooking and hitting up our new found spots! See you in maybe a year or two!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the harbor!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I'm not exactly sure how this place could get bad reviews. From the moment, my wife and I walked in, we were treated with the utmost respect and courtesy; and the staff was extremely helpful. I don't remember the name of the Front Desk person working from 1400 to 0600. But she was so helpful with a particular event that my wife and I experienced. I would like to say Thank You so much for her help.

The room was great. We had a room with a river and partial pool-side view. During the week, the USA Today paper would delivered at your door. I would like to wake up early and read the paper with a good cup of coffee. On beautiful sunny mornings, we would cook and have breakfast out on the the little bacony.

Now, the food at various eatries on Paradise Island can get VERY expensive!! So I highly recommend going to the closest local supermarket and buy as much food as you can carry. The resort can recommend a taxi service for $7USD round trip per person to the supermarket. We would eat out of the room for at least one meal. This should help save some money on the budget.

Finally...I highly recommend Cheryl Wells. Our taxi driver to and from the resort. She extremely helpful, trust-worthy and loves to answer questions. Ask her about her grandchildren, it was obvious she has a close and caring family. Her cell phone number is 242-565-1997.

And to the resort...I do recommend putting in mesh screen doors. This may help with keeping the energy costs down, when guests would like to part-take in the river/ocean breeze.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis - Harborside Resort? Share your experiences!