“Great Place!”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great Place!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We just spent a week here 1/12 to 1/19! Great place. Everyone on staff was awesome! stayed in bldg 4 great view of Marina off of deck. Clean unit! went to grocery store from airport and liquor store and bought food and drink. Beer is 2.75 a bottle so a case is that times 24. VERY EXPENSIVE. We brought a bottle and and some snacks and food from home. They brought our groceries to our room and put in fridge for us until we could get into the room. Ate in our room alot. Dunkin donuts reasonable, fish fry good price at lunch and Pisces in Atlantis has wonderful fish and chips for 13.00 feeds two. We made local calls no charge. Cleaning once a week was fine for us and internet is no big deal when on vacation. Go to lobby! Anthony's has good breakfast reasonable. Everyone in Bahamas very friendly!

Room Tip: Building 4 very good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Minnesotacold612

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Polish first
New York
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My sister gave me one of her timeshare weeks 5 years ago & I went to Atlantis with my 3 children and husband. We stayed at her Harborside one bedroom unit-it was great, spotless, pretty, nice staff. I just came back Friday 1/18/2013 from another week there. A lot of renovations were taking place, the pool was being resurfaced, etc. staff was polite & helpful. However, this time we were a little disappointed in our stay. The sofa end sleeper had springs popping through and 2 of the kids were very uncomfortable, the shortage of towels was annoying, they expect you to use the same 5 towels for half a week until the maid comes the one day she comes. Being its not a hotel, they use that excuse. And most annoying of all was no garbage pails...not one, I had to use the souvenir bags for garbage. Besides that, overall great place and glad I own a week there. Don't get me started on Atlantis though-food is ridiculously expensive, meal plan almost doubled in price. Mesa Grill was a $500 dinner & one kid shared salmon w/me & another kid had a kid meal, 2 cocktails only, no heavy bar bill and that was the cost. 15% gratuity at the entire place. One scoop of yogurt at the Marina Ben&Jerrys -the worker gets an automatic %15 grat! Unbelievable!

Room Tip: If you don't own timeshare, they get $700 per night..the towers at Atlantis may be cheaper.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NYITALIANPRINCESS
Alexandria R, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantis - Harborside Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property and thank you for choosing Harborside as your vacation destination. As you have indicated, our sofa mattresses are not as comfortable as they can be. Because the comfort of our guests is extremely important to us, we have begun changing out our sofa bed models this year. Once again, thank you for choosing Harborside and we hope to welcome you again for another wonderful (and comfortable!) stay.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have mixed feelings about the Harborfront Resort. We selected this resort because it is located right next to Atlantis and your stay includs an all-day pass to Atlantis. You get convenient access to Atlantis at a lower price than staying on Atlantis itself. However, just because it is cheaper than staying at Atlantis does not mean that the resort is not expensive, because it is.
There are a number of good things about the villas at the resort. We stayed in a deluxe room, and it was a good size. It also had a kitchenette with dishes, silverware, and a good selection of pots and pans. It is an ideal place if you want to cook your own food while on vacation, which may not be a bad idea, as the food is extremely expensive at the resort. It also has a washer and dryer, which is really useful. Our room had a television and dvd player in both the living room and bedroom.
However, there are a number of problems with staying at this resort. First, there is no wireless internet in your room. There is an Ethernet cable, and the internet is incredibly slow if you use the Ethernet service. The only place to get high speed wireless is in the resort lobby or by the pool, which is really inconvenient, especially if you are in a building that is not located next to the lobby. And the internet is expensive. It is $20 per 24 hours. Given that we paid over $425 per night for our room, I felt that they should have included internet access.
The place nickle and dimes you to death. You pay for your room “in full” months in advance, and then when you check out, you find yourself charged a daily fee for housekeeping (which we attempted to not use as we did not want to pay the fee, but we were told that you must have housekeeping and pay the extra fee). They charged $2.00 for a local phone call. We worked in the lobby several hours (due to our need to do work on the internet), and there seemed to be an endless stream of people complaining about charges to their bills that they said they did not make.
Another problem is that the place is not well maintained. There were a number of places where the paint was peeling. Our door lock did not work, and we called maintenance, who said they were going to come, but never did. After two calls, we gave up and just put a door against the door at night. For their prices, we should not have had to resort to such an approach.
Also, the rooms are very different. We brought our adult children along, and their room was significantly larger than ours, plus they had a very nice balcony that we did not have (and we paid the same price for each room. I don't know what I would have preferred the resort to do about this "problem" but perhaps it would have been nicer had we been given some ability to choose the room we wanted. There are multiple buildings, so some people would have preferred one building over another, so it would have been nice to have been able to select the building. Maybe you can make a room or building request if you know to do so in advance, but when we arrived, we had already been assigned rooms.
Overall, we had a good vacation and will probably go back to the Bahams again, but I don't think we would stay at the same resorrt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Fawn_7
Thank you for posting the feedback on your visit. We are glad that you enjoyed your vacation overall and would like to return to our country. We are happy to inform that our internet system has been upgraded to High Speed Wireless as of January 31st, 2013. Additionally, we plan to paint the resort this year. Your experience with maintenance is regrettable and we do apologize for this. Additionally, we are disappointed that we did not resolve these concerns while you were here with us. Once again, thank you for your comments.
Oak Forest, Illinois, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Me and my boyfriend just returned from a week stay at Harborside. We booked it through RCI (his employer provides it as a benefit). Overall, it was a wonderful, romantic, fun and very memorable stay. We arrived January 6th and were picked up at the airport by a pre-arranged shuttle (good deal at $52 roundtrip for 2 adults).

We were very happy with the kitchen, size of the unit, upkeep of the property and laundry facilities. The jacuzzi bathtub was very nice in the room, but a couple of the jets weren't working. The bed was very comfortable! However, We were disappointed to learn the Harborside pool exclusively for guests at Harborside was closed for renovation starting the day we arrived and will remain closed for an undetermined amount of time. Also, the maid only came 1 time the entire week.

I highly recommend taking the shuttle to the grocery store in order to save a lot of money on food. When we did eat at the property, we ate at Mosaic buffett for lunch a few days and also Johnny Rockets in Marina Village.

The weather was wonderful, about 80-82 and sunny everyday. Water was perfect to swim in and it was only slightly chilly and drizzly one day but ended up clearing up. It was also not crowded at all during the week, and sometimes we had entire pools to ourselves! Short lines for waterslides, tons of open beach chairs. It was the week kids went back to school so that was probably why it was so empty.

There was only 1 hot tub that was operational on the entire atlantis property, and it was packed. The rest were closed or under construction.

We had a great time at the casino- we found out there is a free slot tournament every day from 9 am- 10:30 am and you are guaranteed to win anywhere from $10-100 per day. I played 4 days and ended up winning $300!

We went to downtown Nassau for a day by ferry and enjoyed it; I felt very safe and I wasn't hassled by the locals too much.

Overall, Harborside was a romantic and luxurious getaway and it was really nice to have the extra space. It was actually almost too big for just a couple, but would be great for families!

I knocked down a star just because a few of the pools/hot tubs were closed and sometimes the staff seemed annoyed to answer questions. But other times, cheery staff members really shined. Also, things are very expensive but Harborside offers many ways to save.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Bree K
Ocean View, Delaware
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We are owners and this was our 12th stay here-we never trade and come here once or twice a week. We don't usually hang out at Harborside pool except at end ofthe day so not thrilled pool/hot tob were closed for renovation but glad the area will be new the next time we visit!
Check in was smooth and everyone was very pleasant. A big shout out to Sunnita who always remembers our names and is super helpful.
Out unit had new kitchen appliances since our last visit-- only issue was a loose bathroom door hinge and it was promptly fixed! Unit was clean and our mid week clean was also very thorough and included all change of bed linens!
Atlantis, is as usual, incredible! In the words of my 5 year old grand daughter --"best vacation ever!
We ate twice at Bimini road-no wait and huge portions--if you order the cracked conch or fried fish consider sharing as we had leftovers. Had Marina pizza one night and also good--meat lovers pizza excellent--white pizza so so.
Our only negative was Carmine's--we had reservations made for our arrival for 8 people --we arrived and were told it was for 5 people and they made no attempt to accommodate us--just kept saying we did not have reservations for 8. Since we enjoy it there remade our reservations. Upon arrival I brought a written copy of our previous reservation showing a party of 8. I spoke to the manager who clearly didn't care either--a complimentary dessert would certainly have been nice! Clearly they haven't gotten the message that the guest is always right!
Weather was great--low 80's and Mayan pool was warm!
As usual can't wait to go back!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank wolfie1970
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I traded my ocean front Maui for this? Theses were the words that kept going though my head! They closed the pool half way though our stay, which we were aware of. I figured that we wouldn't spend much time there anyway and was prepared to make the best of it. But forgot that that the work is not quiet, it's pretty loud and the "Chunnel" that bisects bldg 1 & 2 sound like a freaking runway just added to the overall worksite ambience! It was incredibly LOUD. But I live in the country so maybe I am just weird about noise. I tried sitting on the patio but i got bit up by mosquito. Ended up feeling trapped in the room and wore my headset so I didn't have to hear the traffic noise. On the bright side, the staff did try to move us, but it was just a different noise from a different source. The staff always fixed thing, but slowly. I loved the rooms and the layout was great. We used both units. Also, the Atlantis experience is memorable. Good fun! Food is expensive and the mandatory 15% gratuity leaves little motivation for good service. Go to the grocery store and bring stuff from home (box of cereal is 8-10$). My one big tip is about beverages, the water is potable but off flavored, bring tea and crystal light or snapple mix and make drinks. Also, if you boil water or leave it out for a day, it tastes better. Bring coffee and filters.if you are committed to this place, request to NOT be placed in bldg 2. As for me, if we do go back, I would sell my week in Maui and buy something at the reef or the cove. Just my opinion though! I was there January 5-11. The weather was glorious.

Room Tip: Loud tunnel bisects bldg 1-2 bldg 1 overlooks the harbor and 2 overlooks the pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Cherylkathleen
Alexandria R, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantis - Harborside Resort, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
It is a disappointing to learn that our guests have not had a wonderful and memorable vacation experience as it is what we strive to create. However, Atlantis prides itself on having something and someplace for everyone. From the tranquility and elegance of the Ocean Club to the chic and modern vibe of the Cove, guests have the ability to customize their vacation spot based on their personal taste and still enjoy all the wonderful amenities Atlantis has to offer. We are sorry that Harborside was not to your liking, but hope that you will try one of our other towers. Most of all, thank you for your review.
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We went Dec 14-21, 2012. We went for our honeymoon. I have to say the staff was very helpful. The condo was very spacious, well equipped and clean. The shuttle bus to Atlantis made our trip great! We spent most of our time on the beach by the Cove and used the shuttle every day. I have been to Vegas and Atlantis out does any hotel there because of the sea life displays, multiple free pools, waterslides etc and the amazing displays throughout!!! I didn't see the rooms at the hotel but just the grounds are amazing then you throw amazing beaches with crystal clear sparkling blue water!

I read some reviews before we left and so I knew food was expensive but WOW, it is CRAZY EXPENSIVE! However; we found out the following:

Don't have the taxi stop at a store on the way from the airport because the stores, food and liquor are way over priced! We found a cash only food store in downtown Nassau that was way cheaper! We also found that a short walk down the street there is a Dunkin Doughnuts which has the same prices as the US. Right there is also a liquor store with rum and vodka for about 8$ a bottle!!!! Anthony's pizza is really good but don't order the pizza there, go inside and order the pizza to go and enjoy a drink at the bar! I loved the local beer, Sands. Pizza is way cheaper and bigger to go than if you actually ate there. Scotia bank is also right there and has an atm that dispenses US currency.

We ate in the Atlantis one night and no exaggeration paid 87$ for pulled pork and fries!!! The poolside restaurants are the way to go but they close so make sure you get something when you head back to Harborside.

Bottom line bring breakfast bars, powdered coffee creamer, coffee etc! We paid $9 for small jar of powdered coffee creamer!!! box of cheezeits was 10$!!!!

Alcohol was cheap compared to Vegas or SF or San Diego. Paid between 5-7$ for a beer and 6-10$ for mixed drink or wine.

Also this was my first time out of the country so imagine my surprise when I got home to a $500 cellphone bill! We just called our kids each day and still got whacked!!!

We were able to just walk into the Cove pool 2 out of the 3 days that we tried. It is really nice and drinks were cheap. The third day they denied us because we were not staying at the Cove. While we were there the service was great, the music was great and the NO KIDS part was great!!! Pool itself is amazing.

Cove beach is awesome! You can walk further down it for even more privacy and water was amazing!

Don't go to the big ferry building to get a ferry to Nassau, take the one off the dock right beside Harborside, it is about 10$ roundtrip cheaper!

The little gym at Harborside had everything we needed and was a fun way to keep the fat off before drinking beer all day and night!

My biggest complaint with Harborside is this, NO WIFI! and $29/day for in room hard connection internet as well as only having 2 computers for guest to use in lobby that get shut down at 7pm!!!!!

The no internet is the only thing that kept us from giving Harborside 5 stars! Not flashy but nice , clean, fun and outstanding staff, great location! We would go back again!

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank bill g
I want to thank you for posting such a positive and helpful review on our resort. Your review is filled with great tips. I especially love the tip about not stopping to the grocery store before check in, as Harborside does not have grocery storage. For this reason, we provide a daily grocery shuttle for a nominal fee. I am thrilled that your family vacation was a success and I hope you come again.