“Will Never Go Back!”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Bloomington, Illinois
“Will Never Go Back!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Completely agree with some of the other reviews that I have seen. We had a horrible experiences and will never go back to the Bahamas. The beds are not comfortable and the pull-out couch mattress is HORRIBLE. We received HORRIBLE service both at this hotel and Atlantis. The people working there treated people in a terrible manner and didn't act like they wanted to be there. It was very hard to stay positive and cheery when you were made to feel like you were being a nuisance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kris Y
Alexandria R, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantis - Harborside Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
It is always regrettable to hear that a guest did not thoroughly enjoy their vacation with us. We, at Harborside, always strive to provide great and memorable vacation experiences. We are always interested in improving our service and resort in any way we can and would like the opportunity to get your feedback on this. I can be contacted at hsresponse@kerzner.com. Thank you for taking the time to review our property and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Polish first
Vermont
Reviewed October 26, 2012

As a vacation owner with Starwood I was very surprised this was part of the network after getting to the property. Nothing about this property is Starwood. We vacation and travel each year and he have been to the Bahamas prior but we have never stayed at Atlantis. That being said when we checked it we asked for a marina view even though our assigned room was ready. They state it would be a bit longer and we said no problem. Around 4pm we called to the front desk and they stated our room was ready but we would not be able to access the kickoff portion yet. When re arrived to the room it was no marina view, it was a water view, I you count when the wind would plow and the palm tree leaves moved so you could actually see the water which was being blocked by to palm trees. We also were never told about the property nor informed how to get around. It was a good thing we did some research prior to leaving home. After the first night we called and asked for different pillows. We were asked to fill out a comment card as try did not have other pillow options. Everytime someone entered the room above us an walked around we heard every step, we even heard them wash the dishes and go to bathroom as if you were in there unit with them. At some point during the week out AC unit decided to slowly work. The AC was on 65 but it was still 75. After the first night sleep of the room being 75 I called down and asked some to come look. Someone did and just rest the thermostat unit. They said if it continues to be a problem to call. We left for the day and when we returned I was now 78 in the premium room and 75 in te deluxe. I called down again am they said someone would come to address. No one came an by 10pm I got a bit upset and called again. They stated someone came up to fix te problem and it was reported to be working. There were five of us in the unit the whole time and no one ever came up. The next day was the worst. We woke up had coffee and then wanted to start getting ready for the day we had planned to go in Nassau. Well that was not an option as tere was no water. Keep in mind the the AC still had not been fixed yet. I said enough is enough and I called Starwood to complain. After a nice call with two people I was assured they would deal with it. I was calle back to be informed they while island was without water and that I would be receiving a call from the manager to discuss my concerns either the resort and that they were also in the process of calling each room to notify about the water. They did en up calling directly into our two rooms voicemail an hour an one half after te water stopped working to notify us. Someone from owner services on property also called me back to in form me they did have other pillow options and that they would send someone to address our concerns about the AC no working. Let me just say the water came back on prior to someone coming to address the AC, I had to call back another four times an still it was not fixed when we checked out. Overall I am very displeased as a Starwood vacation owner withy the service we received. This is by means a cheap place and fr what you are paying for not only with your time share but for things around the property it was not worth the trip by any means. When my wife and I first went to Nassau 7 years ago we said we would like to stay at Harborside one day. We purchased with Starwood to do so, by no means was it worth it and by no means will we err go back to Harborside. Starwood should really reconsider te relationship with this property. Oh and don't even get me started on the housekeeping, who came to clean our two rooms mid week and left us without any towels, shampoo, soap or lotion. They even used out last dishwasher detergent on five maybe six items. Thank you a Harborside for what I would like to call the worst vacation of my life!

• Stayed October 2012
7 Thank keithandlis
Thank you for posting your feedback on your visit with us. We are always disappointed when our guests feel that they have not received value for their vacation dollars. The service, maintenance and housekeeping concerns you experienced are not typical of what we offer and we regret that we were unable to address these concerns before your departure. I welcome the opportunity to speak to you in more detail to learn how we could improve our overall service. You can contact me at hsresponse@kerzner.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed Harborside and found the concierge staff helpful and attentive. The grounds were lovely and in excellent condition. The free shuttle buses to the other Atlantis properties are clean, cool and very efficient.

We are not the type who cook food on vacation, but the refrigerator and microwave came in handy. I would suggest having breakfast in as that was our most difficult meal. The restaurant on the property is in a lovely setting, but the food and service need attention.

If you have never been to Paradise Island, Harborside is excellent value with more amenities than you get with a typical hotel room.

Room Tip: Our villa in Building 5 had a view of the bridge/marina and was very pleasant. However, we had to p...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cavtowson
We are glad that your vacation with us was a relaxing enjoyable experience. Harborside prides itself on providing this for families of any age, from honeymooners to retirees. Thank you for your review and we can’t wait to welcome you back home to paradise.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Our family visited Paradise Island for the first time in September 2012. We took a cab from the airport to Harborside. The cab ride was $33 to paradise island for two people, each additional person is $3 more plus tip. Harborside is nice it has all the amenities that we needed for the week. We had a limited kitchen, one bedroom at the resort. Harborside has a shuttle for $7 pp that goes to the grocery store over the bridge to Nassau if you want to eat in your room. The grocery store that the shuttle brings you to is around 1 mile away from the resort. Drinks and food can be pricey at Atlantis as other people have said. The water park at Atlantis is included with your stay. There is plenty to do, you really do not have to leave the resort. They have an activity sheet at the front desk for daily activities throughout Atlantis. We found the staff to be pleasant overall and some staff went above and beyond to be friendly and helpful, especially with our children. We had a great time and are looking forward to going back in a few years.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank ktreiber56
Alexandria R, Public Relations Manager at Atlantis - Harborside Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
At Harborside, it is our desire to make such an impression on our guests that they want to return. And as your review states, we have accomplished our goal. Thanks again for choosing us as your vacation destination and thank you for your review.
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2012

we travel 4 weeks a year and been to many places, this is by far my favorite. Great beach, great restraints at reasonable price. We trade time share, it takes 5 years for an opening this way. Considering buying a timeshare here so we can go every year. I am now 62 and I still enjoy the lazy river rapids and slides. So much to do we rarely leave the resort. Everyone is very friendly and its very safe.

Room Tip: we had a one bedroom, kind of small but we were always out and having fun. A shuttle would take you...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blair l
It is exceedingly pleasing to know that Harborside has made such a great impression on you that it has become for your favorite destination. As your review, has highlighted Harborside remains one of the most popular destinations for the reasons you listed and many more. We thank you for taking the time to write this review. Additionally, we are excited at the possibility of you joining our family and hope to see you again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We went in Sept when most kids we back in school. That was a good thing since I hear the water rides get quite crowded. The problem for us was since it was the slow season many rides were closed. Ever since we became Starwood vacation owners several years ago I had looked forward to the slide through the shark tank but it was closed. But you may want to know more about the resort. We had a large one bedroom in building 7 on ground floor. I liked the view. The villa was a little tired appearing. We were told the kitchens and carpet had just been redone but our kitchen had only a convection microwave without a real oven which is unusual. The living room carpet had a large stain. The wifi was terrible. It just did not work. They refunded half of the ridiculously overpriced fee. Housekeeping was truly a big problem. I had the manager and housekeeping manager to our room who apologized that the scheduled cleaning wasn't performed and still the next day I was back talking to that day's manager. The place is just poorly managed. We did enjoy the sunsets from the restaurant with mango daiquiris. I recommend walking over the bridge to Potter' s Caye and having lunch at McKenzies and then buying a fresh snapper from Rasta Willie for dinner. Be sure to stock up on groceries in Nassau on your way from the airport. Food at the resort is priced ridiculously-- $6.00 for an ice cream bar for instance. Another nice thing about vacationing here is that you don't need to rent a car. Well this may be a bit rambling and disorganized but the point is that this is a mixed bag of relaxation at the pools and rides and frustration with management and things that don't work.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Iintrepid
Thank you for posting the feedback on your visit. The “mixed bag” experience and cleanliness concerns you described is definitely not what we strive to provide to our guests. Additionally, we are even more disappointed that we did not resolve these concerns while you were here with us. I would like the opportunity to further discuss your concerns. Please contact me at hsresponse@kerzner.com at your convenience. Once again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you.
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were invited by close friends to go to Harborside and stay at their Timeshare in 2007. We had an absolute blast so we bought our own. This place is fantastic and we go every year. No matter what the age Atlantis is awesome and owning a timeshare within the Starwood Vacation Club is the ultimate experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jebowmanjr
Having our owners and guests continue to return year after year is one of our main goals. It fills us with pride to know that after visiting us so many times, you still enjoy Harborside. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again.