Atlantis - Harborside Resort
Comfort Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$322
$251
$179
Orbitz.com
Bay View Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$150
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$320
  • Pool
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$221
$104
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
1,860 results
All reviewsgrocery storebedroom premiumbedroom lockoffpoint restaurantstayed in buildingmarina villagewasher and dryerconvection ovenstarwood ownerscoffee filtersfull kitchenroyal towerspancake mixtime sharemain resortdish soapdry goods
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Atlantis as a whole is an amazing resort with fantastic service and a great place to vacation. Overall it is extremely pricey, but that is what you would expect at a place like this. We stayed at Harborside on a large family vacation and were not disappointed. It was nice having the extra space. If I go back I would like to stay in the Royal Towers, but we were not disappointed with Harborside. It is fun admiring the amazing boats in the harbor when walking over to the resort.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank arkansas2000
Alexandria R, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantis - Harborside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for your review on our resort. It is wonderful to know that we have made an impression on you as exceeding our customers’ expectations is a top priority for us. The extra space that our villas provide definitely has massive appeal for families and couples alike. Again, thank you for your review and choosing Harborside as your vacation destination.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We loved having the extra space staying at Harborside. We caught the $7pp shuttle to the market the day after we arrived. We had brought a lot of food with us but needed to buy drinks, produce, meat, dairy. We took an empty suitcase with us to the market and then were able to put all of our groceries in it after shopping. Much easier to handle on the bus, instead of keeping up with 10 plastic bags. The shuttle system was easy and never much wait time. We stayed at the beach or the water park during the day and took the shuttle back for lunch in the condo.

3  Thank jminar

Thank you for posting such a positive review on our resort. .We love that you had such a wonderful time. The ability to save on meals is one of the best features of our fully furnished villas. Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at the Harborside from 7/21-28. This is our second visit. Other than the relatively long line to check in, everything was once again very good during our stay. We did have two problems with our rooms (lack of hot water one morning and a plugged toilet), but they were quickly fixed.
Of our six room keys (remember they can be used as credit cards) we "lost" two and had to replace all of our keys each time. The people at the desk were understanding and eager to assist us.
One of the amenities that people often miss is the good food (and one of the best locations to dine) is the Point Restaurant - enjoy the sunset with a drink or meal.
We did have one "miscommunication" and were told by the people at the Marketplace that our two children would be "free" and their charge taken off when we checked out. However, the people at the Harborside said we were given erroneous information.

Room Tip: Speaking of the Marketplace - we found the best deal was the Sunday only brunch - very good prices (even though we paid half price for the kids) - They only offer this on Sunday - plan ahead and do not miss this meal. The Atlantis beach is too crowded - also public, so unless you want to rent the jet skis - go to the Cove beach. Also get there by 1000 to get the "umbrella" chairs. Save your towels from the previous day to use by someone to go early and "save" your chairs. Then you can have your party get new towels when they get their wrist bands later. Access the river rapids up by the top of the conveyor (always too crowded - skip the ride up). Also always tubes available there at the top. Get to the popular slides either at opening (1000) or late (after 1800) before/after the cruise ship people leave.
3  Thank ConstructiveCritic

It fills me with great pride to know that you have enjoyed your stay at Harborside. As you have stated, The Point offers a great selection of food and is one of the best places on the island to watch the sunset. We are also glad to know that our staff was very attentive and responsive to any concerns that you had. We continue to work on improving our check in process and your comments are duly noted. As always, we appreciate your review and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had a great time. We did pre order soda & snack's they were in the room when we arrived.
We had a late night arrival so it was nice to have something in the room. It was kind of a long walk to the hotel thru the marina. The food prices here are about the same as a Disney Resort so we knew what to expect. We didn't cook any meals in our room. The resort was clean & well maintained.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank midwest87

We love to hear when our guests have a great time as you did. We especially loved that you noticed how clean and well maintained our resort is. Thanks you for sharing your experience and we hope you visit us again

Reviewed July 19, 2012

My family and I just returned from a weeklong stay at the Harborside resort at The Atlantis in Paradise Island Bahamas. If you want a relaxing experience at a busy resort, Harborside is for you! Harborside is away from the hustle and bustle and has kitchens and townhouse like amenities, apropos for many families with children.

The Atlantis is a behemoth of a resort that caters to all! It accomodates resort guests, day guests and cruise ship guests in for the day as a port of call. The water park like attractions has something for everyone. From easy water slides to faster adrenaline inducing slides; there's something for everyone. There are restaurants that are staples in the U.S. as well as Bahamian fare. If you are a gambler, the casino is well equipped for every type of gambler. If you like bars and dance clubs, there are venues for that as well. Again, something for everyone! Keep in mind that all the restaurants and eateries add a 15% gratuity to everything even Ben & Jerrys! a word of caution: Eating at the Atlantis is VERY EXPENSIVE! Fried chicken at Virgils was $56. Yes it;s family style but, come on now! It's fried chicken! A fews days at the resort, it would be fine but 7 days? It adds up to a lot! Yes, they have a meal plan but it would have been around $2,400.00 for 4 of us and that was not justifiable to us. We opted to stay at HS so that we could buy some food ourselves at the local Supermarket which the resort provides transportation to for $7 RT each person. We ate breakfast at our room and did lunch & dinner at the resort; it saved us some money but still, lunch and dinner for 4 was at least over $100 easily each a=day and each meal.

I'll try to give you the Pro's & Cons of the Harborside as well as the rest of the Atlantis itself.

Pro's:
The Harborside (HS) rooms are townhouse like buildings that are away from the busier, taller, overcrowded parts of the Atlantis. What we enjoyed about HS was that at the end of a long day at the watersides and pools, it was nice to just take a short (2 min. ride) shuttle bus back to HS and unwind without dealing with a crowded lobby and thousands of guests running around. Being at the Atlantis is like staying at a water park so staying at a quiet part of the resort was key for us. I have a 7 year old and an 11 year old and even they enjoyed coming back to the HS after a long day. HS rooms are actually rooms that are owned by investors (we are not owners or investors). The rooms also have a washer and dryer so that was nice to have if we ran out of clothes or wanted to dry our bathing suits before leaving for our return trip to NY. We got a great deal and decided to go to The Atlantis. There is a separate pool for HS so that was nice; very low key and it has 2 dining options. The lobby/reception area is nice and the staff was helpful. If you are looking to check email or search something online, the lobby has 2 computers set up for guests to use for 15 minutes free of charge. If you need internet access in the room, you can purchase service for a day or more. My wife needed to check in with her company so she paid for service and it was $20 for 24 hours. If checking email or Facebook or any other site, the lobby Dells will be enough so long as you can get there between 8:30am and 7:00pm; after that, they are turned off. Atlantis has MANY different sections that you can visit. HS is closer to the Marina which is very nice with their yachts anchored for the day(s). You can walk to the Marina from HS. Although, one night we had reservations at Carmines and when we asked how to get there, the young staff member suggested we take the shuttle to Coral towers which is close to Carmines. Once we got to Carmines, we noticed that we were able to walk to it from HS since it was a 3 minute walk to it. Not sure why the staff member didn't say just walk since it was faster and closer. It seemed odd. That's another thing that I noticed, you may want to really press for information from staff to make sure that they know what you are asking. At the Marina there are shops and restaurants such as Carmines, Starbucks, Ben & Jerry's. You can walk to the rest of the "Towers" of the Atlantis from the Marina as well. If you really want a GREAT DESSERT, go to the restaurant Bimini Road at the Marina. They have a dessert called Guava Duff that is GREAT! By staying at the HS, you also can get your wrist tags for the water adventures at the Main Tower without the hassle and crowds. You can get towels at HS and take it with you when you go to the other parts where the water slides are. HS also has a nice restaurant The Point that is next to a canal and right by the pool. It has a nice breeze and it's like dining waterside. It's also not crowded so it's a great spot to sit back and relax and watch the set set or rise. Overall, if you want a nice quiet place to retrieve to after a long day at the major sections, this is the spot! Keep in mind that this is still part of the Atlantis so you still benefit from all that the Atlantis has to offer.

Cons:
HS Doesn't have too many Cons. If I had to pick one, it would be that maybe the kitchens could use a bit of updating (not much though) and the pull out beds could use a better mattress; my son said it was a bit thin. One thing to ask for when staying at the HS is that you want a room closer to the pool and marina. There are rooms that face the bridge that cars use to enter Paradise Island and that can be a bit noisy and not so pretty to look at. We stayed in room 3777 building 5. Great spot; we had a view of the pool on the side as well as a quiet corridor. If you want, there are rooms that had balconies that you could sit at and have breakfast or whatever else you wanted to do. Some rooms face the marina so that was nice too!

The rest of the Atlantis: Pros
Great looking resort! Massive and they spent a lot of $$ to make it family friendly and Aquatic. the fish wildlife is unbelievable! My kids enjoyed the tanks and habitat. They even give a brief history of the resort as well as Atlantis itself. The water attractions are great and the lazy river/Rapids is the best so far. It gives you some slow points and then it picks up a bit faster in others. My kids loved it! The slides into the shark/fish habitat was great since you are in an enclosed tube and you can see fish swimming above your head especially the sharks! There is an endless vibe at night so people watching was possible. If you decide to try the scuba lessons, the diving staff at the pool were great and helpful. My son did it and was able to go diving that afternoon with me (I'm certified, he's not). If you decide to do it, seek out Jessica at Blue Adventures, the outfit that Atlantis uses for the lessons and dives. She was very friendly and knowledgable! Chopstix restaurant was good but again, not cheap! They have higher end restaurants but that will cost you even more money and the food as I heard was not worth the price (check out other reviews from other here on Tripadvisor). Bottomline, my kids had a good time which is why we do these trips.

Cons: EXPENSIVE, EXPENSIVE, EXPENSIVE! I know, then why go? Well, it was a nice place and I wanted to take my kids to a place that they would enjoy which they did. I keep telling myself that as I get older, I don't do so well with crowds and this resort had it! Just too many people. Don't get me wrong, if it was just the resort guests then fine. But the problem with the Atlantis is that it has a money maker in allowing others outside of the resort to spend the day there. Others such as Cruise ship guests and local guests staying at off property resorts. Each of these "day" guests pay to come to the Atlantis and that is a lot of money that the Atlantis is getting to not allow them to come. I really didn't/don't want to compete for space near a pool or compete to get a tube so that my kids and I could get on the slides. It's bad enough that the resort has thousands of guests to compete against and adding another few thousand that are not guests to begin with to mix doesn't help. I cringed when on my first day there, I couldn't find a chair, just 1, to put our towels down. Why? 2 cruise ships were in and they were visiting as well. One gentleman said "Oh no! You have to get here at 6am to put down your towels and get a chair!" That's not my definition of a vacation. The Atlantis needs to also have more double person tubes for their slides. There were not enough of these and guests were getting into arguments over what was available; they wouldn't let go of them. Now I know why some of the higher end resorts like the Ritz Carlton and JW Marriott charge what they charge for great service and a certain behavior amongst their guests. I don't have to stay at these resorts (which I have) but I know why they charge certain rates.

Overall, would I go again? Maybe but not anytime soon. And if I do return, I think it would be for a long weekend with my wife, 3-4 days tops and I would stay at HS. It's a great place (the Atlantis) for a Bachelorette/Bachelor party weekend. You can dance, gamble, relax and when you are beat and run out of money, it's time to go home anyway!

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet but still have access to the rest of the resort, stay at the Harborside rooms. They are townhouse like rooms (almost like a little village) that are great to wind down to after a long day. Building 5 room 3777 was a great location! Any room near the Marina is great!
17  Thank cocoloco182
Alexandria R, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantis - Harborside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

The quiet and serene atmosphere Harborside provides has always been seen as an advantage for our owners and guests alike. We appreciate you taking the time to highlight this and all the other positive aspects of your vacation of Harborside and also for choosing us as your vacation destination. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future.