“Great golf course!”

Ocean Club Golf Course
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Ocean course is in immaculate condition, it is challenging and a lot of fun. My 2 teenage kids and I played from the white tees, which in not very long and enjoyed it greatly. There are 2 more sets of tees for the advance player.

1  Thank ChinSin2003

Reviewed July 14, 2013

It's hard to beat the views of the ocean, yachts and mansions.
Nothing not to like and you may even get to meet some celebrities.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

It is worth it to splurge on a round at The Ocean Club. The course is kept in great condition and the views are outstanding. Service is impeccable.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is by far the most picturesque golf course I've played on. The fairways and rough were fairly well manicured, but the greens were not as nice. Many of the holes were just beautiful. The houses that were adjacent to the fairways added to the beauty of the course. You get a view of the ocean on many of the holes. The only thing holding back a 5 star rating for the course is that the greens weren't rolling as true as you would expect from a fairly expensive course.

During the season I played, the rates were $190 before 1pm and $110 after 1pm (twilight). This includes a cart and a small bottle of water that will be handed to you by the starter before you tee off. The green fee also includes the use of the range and putting green. The carts have a simple non-graphical GPS, which tells you the distance to certain objects on the fairway and the center of the green. The carts have sensors that stop you if you go to "protected" areas or areas under repaid. However, this system doesn't work too well as I was stopped several times just driving down the fairway. The annoying part is you can only go reverse at a snail's pace until you are back in the cart path regardless of how far away you are from the cart path. There was a hole in which this happened to me 4 times.

I also rented clubs at the Pro Shop and that cost me $70. The clubs were Callaway Diablos, which were in decent condition. They gave me only 13 clubs (a driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, 4 hybrid, 4 through PW, SW, and a putter). If you rent clubs, also make sure you get your 2 sleeves of Callaway Diablo golf balls before you leave the Pro Shop (the course is fairly windy, so you may need those extra golf balls). I went back a second time to take a look at some merchandise when the person at the cashier asked me whether she had given me the golf balls.

The beer cart came around maybe three times during the 4 hour round. Just like everything associated with Atlantis, drinks were expensive. Beer was $6 and I believe water/soda was around $3-4. Another player in my group said the water in the clubhouse was $10.

The Clubhouse has a restaurant with a great view of the 9th and 18th holes. Just like the drinks and everything Atlantis, the food is also somewhat overpriced.

To get to the Ocean Club Golf Course and if you stay at one of the Atlantis properties, you can take one of the regularly scheduled shuttles that goes around the property. There is no means of scheduling or knowing the exact schedule of the shuttle before hand until you get to the bellman. I didn't see any cabs at the Ocean Club Golf Course, so your best option may be to ride the shuttle back to one of the hotels and take a cab from there (this is what another person in my group did).

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have played many good courses around the world and this is one is the most picturesque courses I have played.The course is in great condition. I was particularly impressed by the staff at the club, they were very helpful and very pleasant. Would recommend a round to anyone staying in the Bahamas.