“No complaints from us!”

Mandara Spa at Atlantis Paradise Island
More attraction details
Owner description: The resort is located on Paradise Island, near Nassau and features fresh and salt-water pools, lagoons, waterfalls, and a marine habitat. The spa is a 30,000-square-foot facility with 32 private treatment rooms, two couple's villas, and two couple's spa suites with private bathing amenities. There is also a unisex relaxation lounge, a retail area, a salon, and men's and women's locker rooms with warm and cold plunge pools, steam and sauna rooms, and showers, with an aromatherapy room in the women's locker room and a plasma TV in the men's lounge room. Treatments include facials, microdermabrasion, cellulite therapy, teeth whitening services, body scrubs, salt glows, sunburn therapy, manicures, pedicures, makeup applications, hair services, waxing, wraps, bridal services, and therapies for men and children. The spa includes a 15,000-square-foot fitness center offering personal training, body composition analysis, nutrition and fitness analysis, yoga, and Pilates. Ancient techniques from Asia, traditional European spa therapies, and natural spices, fruits and minerals indigenous to The Bahamas meld together to provide the most unique treatments and the ultimate rejuvenating experiences. It is a divine sanctuary that escapes the limits of time. Sumptuous massages, rejuvenating facials, soothing wraps and exotic scrubs headline the roster of tried and true therapies. Brides can prepare for their special day, by spending the day in the spa with one of our many spa packages, in the event time is limited, just have hair, make-up and nails for the bride or bridal party. Advance reservations are recommended.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've visited many spas before; but it was a first for my husband. We each had a 50-minute massage in a couples room. The facility was very relaxing and well-equipped for a luxury spa experience. The price ($125 pp + $25 tip pp) was comparably priced to past spas I've visited for similar services. We both walked away completely relaxed and were disappointed when we tried to book a repeat visit the following day but found they were fully booked.

1  Thank Natalie S
"taxes"
"bahamas"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I've been to the spa here on my vacation the past two years. Both times were wonderful. I purchased the BFF both times. Back, Foot, and Facial. The spa is so beautiful & tranquil. Very relaxing to do this in the middle of your vacation week.

1  Thank Mhrice
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I travel to the Caribbean a few times each year and one of the highlights of the trip for me is a spa visit. Although this spa charges double what most premier hotel spas charge, the experience was well below par. The day I scheduled my service, the desk had one person checking people in, where there was actually a line. After they check you in, you are walked back to change and led to a room with 3 chairs for about 10 people. After a few minutes several people are walked up the stairs like cattle to another waiting area. (We were told the elevator was broken, but wondered how we would all fit anyway). My facial was fine - nothing special. I booked a reflexology appointment after. which they completely forgot. They walked me back down, then back up again when they realized there was someone sitting there in the waiting area. The same person gave me my reflexology treatment complaining about the lack of communication. Again, the treatment was fine, though not worth the money, This spa has no local competition, so they can charge and do what they want. Disappointing at best,

1  Thank Redbudian1
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Although I had a competent pedicure and manicure, I was shocked to see my 2 hour hand and feet ritual was only 1 hour and 15 minutes; I was cheated out of 45 minutes. I wouldn't mind paying for a basic manicure and pedicure but $150 was way out of line. I don't know how they can continue to scam people; I just wish I had read these reviews first!

3  Thank Joan F
See more reviews
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We woke up on the 2nd day of our Atlantis vacation and read the daily informational sheet the hotel provides with your USA Today newspaper outside your door. It gives daily activities options. The sheet advertised over $200 worth of services at the spa for $100. I called to inquire and they lady explained all the original prices, and then the "sale" prices. Even though what she quoted me didn't really match the offer they were advertising, (it actually seemed like a BETTER deal), I immediately booked an 80 minute deep tissue massage. She said my appointment would be at 9:30, but to arrive 20 minutes ahead of time. It was currently 9:08 (haha...good thing I was just upstairs as we were staying in the Royal Towers which is where the spa is). I went down and everyone seemed confused when I told them my appointment was at 9:30 (apparently, most services begin at the top of the hour, but I'm assuming since they booked it at last minute, that is why she offered the 9:30). The spa is beautiful and HUGE (like everything else at Atlantis). I must say, this was the BEST deep tissue massage I have ever had. This girl (shout out to Melinda) knew her stuff. I am so sad that I live millions of miles away or else I would be a regular! Also, please note, when I arrived, the front desk tried to charge me full price for the massage (somewhere around $220), but after I mentioned that the girl on the phone quoted me a lower price with the "special", she adjusted it to $133 including a tip which I thought was very reasonable and worth it for the fantastic massage I received. Melinda was also very friendly and eagerly answered many of my questions about the resort/area which had nothing to do with the spa. This was definitely one of the highlights of my trip!

2  Thank Dena L