Myself and my husband were guests on a cruise chip which docked at Nassau. As a birthday present, he bought tickets for the Atlantis Restort Aqua Park. At approximately 10.30am were bought the locker via credit card and was issued with a wrist band. After a ride on the lazy river my husband realised that his wrist band was missing. We then notifed one of the Locker Room attendents who asked us where we lost the key and if we didn't find it by the end of the day we would be fined 50 dollars. She then told us to go back to the lazy river and ask the lifeguards if anyone had handed in the key. We went around the lazy river twice asking every lifeguard but to no avail. By 1pm we went back to speak with another locker attendant and asked him to open the locker and by that stage my bag had gone with our passports, credit card, wallet, camera and ipad. We had to go to the local police station to report the theft while the security team at the resort checked the surveillance cameras. To cut a long story short, after returning to the ship my bag had been found with the money and credit card taken but because the passports were reported stolen the British Consulate had to cancel them. Eventually we got home to Northern Ireland (thank god) especially with the help of dedicated staff of guest services of the Carnival Sensation.
Looking back now whenever we initially notified the locker attendant that our key was missing she should have checked the locker immediately to see if the contents were still there instead of sending us away to look the key ourselves. Now I am not going to run down the water park as I didn't get the chance to use it much but it did look beautiful but what should have been a once in a lifetime experience turned into a day sheer hell.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the beauty of the pristine white Paradise Island beach just steps away, the Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection delivers a true Caribbean feel in a laid-back environment. Guestrooms at our resort hotel in the Bahamas have one king bed or two queen beds, full balconies with water or terrace views. Beach Tower is perfect for young families and budget conscious travelers, and is closest to the beach, many marine exhibits, the Lazy River, Seagrapes Restaurant, Earth & Fire Pottery Studio, Gamer's Reef arcade, River Pool, Atlantis Theatre and the Conference Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- Beach Hotel At Atlantis
- Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas
- Beach Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Beach Tower
- Atlantis Paradise Island Hotel
- Atlantis Island Resort
- Atlantis Royal Tower
- Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island