The Beach at Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Comfort Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$426
$198
Bay View Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$140
$539
  • Beachfront
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$221
$214
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$320
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
3,966 results
All reviewsbeach towermeal plancoral towersroyal towerslazy riverwater slidesocean viewper personcave grillmarina villagebimini roadmurray's delimarine lifeclub rushfriesmayan templemovie theater
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Traveled to the Atlantis for a conference. I choose to stay in the beach tower, the least costly option, which is atypical of me. I figured that most of my time would be spent in session and the photos online of the various towers showed rooms that were VERY similar.

Overall the experience was fine. I won't be clamoring to return, but it was ok.

An overall note on the Atlantis - it is HUGE, way bigger than any of the Vegas casino hotels. On the last night I had dinner at Mesa Grill and is was nearly a 2 mile walk each way. I shall not complain though as it was good exercise.

Location
Paradise island is about an hour from the airport, so be prepared to a long ride on the "wrong" side of the road. We had transfers as part of our group. Once you arrive at the resort you are in for a treat - the view is spectacular. Loved waking up by the ocean each morning.

Room
It was serviceable and fine for $99 per night. It was by no means the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in, but it was clean and tidy. Housekeeping was more of a make the bed, change the towel keeping. The beds for comfy and and they provided lots of towels in the bath. The bath amenities were from Gilchrist and Soames.

Restaurants
Dinning at the Atlantis was excellent. Getting a reservation is an entirely different story. I was never able to get a reservation. Pricing at the Atlantis was spend (even for being well traveled as I am). I won't complain about the pricing, you are on an island after all. Nobu was exceptional for sushi, Olive's was great and Mesa Grill and fantastic.

Amenities
There is no lack of things to do at Atlantis. From water parks, animal experiences and lazy rivers to pools galore. This is a great resort for families, not so much for the adults craving adult time.

Spa
The spa was great! I had an hour long massage and spent 1/2 the day in the wet rooms. It was very relaxing and quite enjoyable.

The staff were all very gracious. The only difficulty was checking in. i arrived at 11 am and rooms were not ready until 3pm. No biggie, but I needed internet to check on a few things back home, internet was not available until your room number was assigned.

The staff were helpful in every way and went out of their way to ensure you have everything you need.

They provide a map at check in - it stinks. The graphic designed took too much artistic liberty to make it pretty and it isn't too useful. The best (and quickest) way to navigate is to use the ocean pathway and the signs/maps posted along the way - they are great.

Room Tip: Make your restaurant reservations before you leave home. All the restaurants were "fully committed" once we arrived. Were always able to get a seat at the bar though.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kelsey A
Reviewed August 29, 2013

First trip in 2001 was at Royal Towers. This time we did Coral Towers. Even my spend-spend-ish wife was tiring of the "15% gratuity add-ons." We got pizza at the Marina Pizzeria (envision Sbarros) and got hit with a gratuity. Who got it--the guy tossing the slice in the oven to heat it up, or the cashier? ONLY Starbucks didn't seem to charge it--as long as you were actually at a REAL Starbucks and not a breakfast bar set up.

And don't even mention the extra room "fees!"

And I actually liked the water taxi. While true it didn't leave on time, the guys operating it were quite entertaining.

I recommend the Adastra Gardens and the Bahamian Art Museum. The Pelican show is entertaining at the former, and the art at the latter represents the era from Bahamian Independence. Both are rather cheap eats.

ADDITIONAL CHARGES:
Guests of Atlantis, Harborside Resort, The Cove and The Reef Atlantis are subject to a 20% charge per night that includes taxes, the Paradise Island Tourism and Development Association levy, the Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board levy and compensation for servicing your reservation. In addition, guests will be required to pay a mandatory gratuity and utility service fee of (i) up to $25.95 per person per day depending on unit type for Atlantis guests, (ii) $20.70 per person per day for Harborside Resort guests, and (iii) up to $65.95 per person per day depending on unit type for The Cove or The Reef Atlantis guests. If you purchase a pre-paid package, these charges are already included in your package price. If you do not purchase a pre-paid package, these charges will be assessed upon check out at the property. Please be advised that all mandatory gratuities, taxes, levies and service fees are subject to change. Atlantis room rates are based on double occupancy. Additional guests are subject to a charge of $50 per night for each additional person, 12 years old and older.

Room Tip: No mini fridge stinks.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RGGjr
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Having read some negative reviews of the Beach Tower on these boards I was pleasantly surprised by this delightful property. In fact, we much preferred the location of Beach Tower over Coral Tower. It is far closer to the best beach on the property and the lobby is not as highly trafficked as Coral Tower. Walking from place to place isn't bad because you can travel through indoor hallways if you prefer to get almost anywhere. Even though Beach Tower is considered a value property at Atlantis, I would liken it to a moderate or maybe even a deluxe property at Disneyworld. Booking an ocean view room is a must, however. The fine dining establishments were expensive but the casual restaurants were affordable. Our meals at The Point, Johnny Rockets, and Murray's Deli were between $15-$20 per person. We also enjoyed family style dining at Virgil's and Carmine's. Entrees were about $50 each but they serve between 3 or 4 people. The small pizzas on the menu at Anthonys (across the property from Marina Village) were only $18 and would feed two. They offer take-out cheaper, too. Some of us splurged and ate at the Bahamian Club. It was expensive but the food and the ambience were worth it. We did eat off property at Senor Frogs for lunch and Montegu Gardens for dinner. Senor Frogs is a tourist attraction in itself. Montegu Gardens is a quaint local restaurant that provides free transportation from your hotel. They have steak or seafood dinners for less than $25 per person. (I had read on these boards to try their local dessert Guava Duff but I thought it was nasty stuff...no reflection on the restaurant though.) It is necessary to make reservations at most of the restaurants if you would like to eat between 7:00 and 9:00 pm. That seems to be their busy time. There is alot to do on property between all the pools, beaches, water park, etc. We enjoyed a sea lion interaction at Dolphin Cay and, comparing it to the dolphin interactions that we watched from the beach, it was a much more entertaining experience. If you are staying a week or more, you will probably wish to take some excursions. They have tour desks in the lobby of the hotel to help you make arrangements but I had booked ours online from home so that we could make sure we could get them. We did a full day tour with Powerboat Adventures and a half day excursion with Bahama Boat Tours. Both were excellent and I can't say enough about them. (Check out their websites and their reviews on trip advisor for more details.) Souveniers are cheaper in Nassau than on the resort. I didn't care for the Straw Market (I don't like to haggle) but there are many shops in downtown Nassau. A tip...DON'T TAKE THE WATER FERRY TO NASSAU, TAKE A CAB! They cost the same and the ferry doesn't leave till it is full. We didn't realize this until we had paid for our fare roundtrip and we were stuck. All in all, I totally enjoyed the Bahamas, Atlantis, and the Beach Tower in particular. The beaches were beautiful, the landscaping lush, the property well-maintained, the water clear and blue, ...The trip was well worth the expense.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must and higher floors are better
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Donna S
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This review is for the Beach towers, not Atlantis as a whole. We spent two nights at the Beach Towers at the end of a 9 night vacation (7 on cable beach). We checked in early and were delighted to find our room was ready. The room was clean, the bathroom large, and we even had a lovely view from our balcony. The pool at this location is lovely. It is a long walk to everything except the beach. To be fair, we got a rate of $99/night, which clearly made this tower a major bargain for us, and we found it quite a pleasant room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank trirae
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Istayed at The Atlantis Bahamas in December of 2012. It was the best vacation ive ever been on and would love to go back again soon. Everone there was friendly snd hospitable. The restaurants were great especially Sea Grapes. The theme park was amazing. I can't complain about anything but the fact that my trip was too short!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012