Wife and I just returned from nearly a week at Atlantis and our accommodations were at the Beach Tower. We didn't want anything fancy since we wouldn't even spend the majority of the day in the room anyway and it was moreso a place to crash.
The room was definitely your standard hotel room. Everything worked just fine even though the A/C was manually controlled and the thermostat didn't actually control the unit. There was an option for on/off and slow/medium/high for fan speed. The slow speed was perfect at night as it was very quiet, but still moving and cooling the air. People say the TV didn't work in their room. Ours worked just fine. It better have worked just fine as it looked quite new!
Because we had wanted to cut corners on food costs, we requested a mini-fridge. Our travel agent took care of this on our behalf, but an important detail was left out and that was the fact that a mini-fridge rental was $15/day! One of many ways they nickel and dime you.
It is still best to go into Nassau and buy food; if anything stuff for breakfast and lunch that does not require a microwave (the resort does not offer microwaves in any room). We did just that and made it the entire week without buying a single lunch or breakfast. That would have added easily another $50-100/day on food costs. Dinners you should expect to spend around $60 for two people and that's if you avoid the upscale restaurants.
We had a beautiful view of the ocean from our north-facing room. It also overlooked the pool and even the lagoon where the stingrays were. Make sure you request an ocean-view room if you book in the Beach Tower.
Overall we liked staying in the Beach Tower. Yes, it's quite a walk to the Coral Tower, Royal Tower and the water park, but at least it's very easy access to the beach. Plus the swimming pool does not get all that crowded so finding a chair next to the pool is no problem at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the beauty of the Atlantis beach just steps away, the Beach Tower delivers a true Caribbean feel in a laid-back environment. Guestrooms have one king bed or two queen beds, full balconies with water or terrace views. Beach Tower is perfect for young families and budget conscious travelers, and is closest to the beach, many marine exhibits, the Lazy River, Seagrapes Restaurant, Earth & Fire Pottery Studio, Gamer's Reef arcade, River Pool, Atlantis Theatre and the Conference Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- Beach Hotel At Atlantis
- Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas
- Beach Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Beach Tower
- Atlantis Paradise Island Hotel
- Atlantis Island Resort
- Atlantis Royal Tower
- Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island