“Fun times at Atlantis!”

Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at the Atlantis Beach Towers from June 22-26, 2013. We took a taxi from the Nassau International Airport. A lot cheaper than signing up for the shuttle from Atlantis. Check in was at the Coral Towers which was about a 5-10 minute walk to the Beach Towers. I prepaid my hotel stay. I booked it through Travelocity which had a good deal at the time. Upon check in, they put a hold of $600.00 on my credit card for incidentals. The room key serves us a credit card so if you ate at a restaurant and charged it to your room, they'll take it from the $600 hold. The room we stayed in had 2 Queen beds, perfect for a family of four. Room was dated and need renovations but clean which is the most important thing. Beds were very comfortable. I had requested a room with a pool view and that's what I got. The extra amount they charged for a pool view was worth it. Awesome view! The Beach Tower is the most value-priced accommodation in Atlantis but for the amount I paid, I agree that I could have had a better room in another hotel. But really, you're paying for all the attractions and activities you can do at Atlantis so if you add those all up, it's still worth it to stay there. I have no regrets. Aquaventures was fun, there's so many swimming pools at the resort, the Dig was very nice, loads of activities for everyone and the beach was the best of all! The water was so clear, blue and warm! We also love the marine habitat. There was complimentary feedings scheduled at certain times and my daughter fed the sea turtles. She had fun! We didn't pay extra to do the activities at Dolphin Cay. Resort guests and day trippers from the cruise ships can be identified by the wristbands they wear. You get the wristbands when you get your towels.There are parts of the resort where only guests can enter. If you don't have a wristband, they check your room key.
The food, as you all know, is quite pricey but just follow the dining guide where they indicate the price ranges and you'll be fine. To save money, we ate at Quiznos at the Marina Village, still a part of Atlantis, which had $5.67 breakfast sandwiches. There's also a Starbucks at Marina Village, Dunkin' Donuts and Anthony's restaurant just outside the resort. It's in a shopping plaza, within walking distance where you can eat breakfast at a cheaper price. For lunch, we stayed within Atlantis. A hotdog meal with fries and soda cost around $10.00. We wanted to have a really nice dinner once or twice so we went to Bimini Road (at the Marina Village) which served Bahamian food. It costs around $35.00 per plate but it was worth it. The food was really delicious. Try the conch salad and conch fritters. We also had dinner at the Seagrapes, a buffet restaurant, which was $29.00 for breakfast and around $47.00 for dinner. No complaints, too, since I went back to get food 5 times so I got my money's worth. Make sure you go there when you're really starving.Cocktails at Atlantis cost $10.00. To take a trip in downtown Nassau, the taxis charged $4.00 per person. You'll be in a van with other people but that's OK since you're saving on fare. We also had the opportunity to have an early dinner at Oh Andros in the Fish Fry area in Arawak Cay. This is where all the locals go and the food are amazing! You can have a meal of Fried Snapper with sweet fried plantains, rice with peas & macaroni and cheese for around $15.00, half of the price at a dinner in Atlantis. We love their conch salad and conch fritters. They're so good!!! Staff at Atlantis are really nice and friendly, very helpful. People we met in town are the same. Taxi drivers there can be hired to give you a tour of Nassau. They charge $60.00 whereas if you sign up for a tour in one of those buses, it'll cost you $45.00 per person or for a private tour, $60.00 per person. The Atlantis casino was OK. Didn't spend much time in there. My only complaint is the wifi. You have to pay $19.95 a day for it. They give you 15 minutes of free internet at the library at the Coral Towers but that's not enough. We paid for wifi for just 2 days. I have to admit I would love to try the Royal Towers next time. Overall, it was a pleasant and memorable experience for us. We would go back again to Atlantis. The Beach Towers is perfect for the family and if you're budget conscious. It was worth it but I would love to see it get renovated.

Room Tip: When staying at the Beach Towers, pick the room with a pool view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
19  Thank desv

Reviewed July 14, 2013

If you are willing to go I would say don't take the dining plan and shower pressure was awful. The people are so friendly, it is so entertaining be sure to takes lots of sunscreen though beacause some things are overpriced. Food was good not bad at all. Virgils has huge portions! Loads of fun for children if you are willing to spend money there is AKA, Earth and Fire Pottery, Atlantis Pals, Gamers Reef and much much more. The water is so clear and refreshing. Not to mention the water slides are out of this world!!!! Me and my family loved it so much and we would DEFINATLY come back.

Room Tip: Take beach tower.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Psilos_12
Reviewed July 13, 2013

my family has two small children and my review is from a father with children under the age of 10. if you a adults going , it is worth reading my review. In my review I will tell you everything that I found that will help with costs, general info. and about this large hotel. My first note is about cost. Everything you read is true. The cost of everything is 3 times regular cost. The reason is everything is imported, all the locals pay high prices too.There are a few local stores with in walking distance. The craft building and marina village across the street. The pizza place is cheap and you will see lots of people eating it. Bring lots of snacks from home. Place is suit case and use them for lunch snacks. Donk. donuts best for breakfasts. The local twin brothers is town has great food, worth the trip into town. The cab cost both ways and meal is still cheaper.The hotel is amazing. If your a ride person get there early , the later it gets more people get there.The pools of sharks, rays, fish and turtles are great.So different the is usa, no fences. Take advantage of free feeding, they let you feed and feel animals. If you get up early, they also feed in morning about 8:00. Place looks and is set up great to be the lost city of atlantis. The drinks in side are high but you can bring a cooler with you. Their are people all over to take pictures of you, they were some of the best. Take the time to walk and see everything. It is very large and will take a couple days to see it all.I did do the walking with sharks. It was worth the 115.00 I paid. I have never seen this ever offered. The also offer other great looking things to do. I did hear bad things about dolphin cay. Try to read every review you can and you will find out that all of the put together give a great view of this amazing place. I would not look at going back soon, but not because of the hotel. I love to take my children different places annd would always look to a new place for my family to enjoy. This is a great place. If you tight with money stay away, go to all inclusive somewhere else. Mix sea world, water park and las vegas all together and you get THE ATLANTIS. I hope this will help all that read it. Was it worth the cost? Ever penny!

7  Thank CASEY S
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We just returned from staying 4nights at the beach tower Atlantis. I had read many helpful reviews on here so I wanted to share mine. 4of us stayed in a beach front room. Hallways and room did have a slight mildew smell, after opening balcony door for an hour it seemed better. Room was good size, had a small fridge which was helpful because we ordered food from foodstoretogo. I highly recommend ordering from them everything was exactly as I ordered and having water and fresh fruit in our room was a blessing for late nights and lazy mornings. I thought e Atlantis lived up,to all expectations. The beach was amazing and the water park was fabulous. It is definitely a long walk from beach tower to water slides, so bring a cooler to pack for the day! The kids ate chicken fingers and fries for lunch about$12 so not too expensive. We did not eat in any restaurants in the Atlantis. We ate marina pizza and johnnies rockets. Marina pizza was very good, and not expensive. Transportation from airport took about 45 minutes. Overall a great vacation!!

Room Tip: Beach rooms are best value but keep in mind the walking u will do
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Malindadarber
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Best place for kids and adults. There is everything a guest might need to have a great vacation here. Water parks and plenty of attractions for children. Casino and live music for adults. Excellent food that worths the price. A permanent smile in the staff. Awesome!

Room Tip: If the price is good, get it! The entire property is comfortable!
2  Thank Blanca M
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had a complimentary 3 night stay at the Atlantis - Beach Tower Hotel...I must admit, I really thought it would be more than what I got and really glad I didn't pay for the room....Because the complex is soooo large, it takes 10 minutes to walk from one place to the other and you are charged for everything and then some....15% gratuity is charged regardless of the best service or not and most of the service was pretty lousy....Our TV did not work when we got there and we had 2 power outages while there....The ac wasn't working properly at one time definitely bring extra money to eat with....All food is over-priced, bottled water in the room is $7.00...Room services includes 15% gratuity plus an additional $4.00 per person...A large pizza is $32.00, plus the 15%...The casino wasn't paying anything and you get no comps for all the money you spend there...Save your money....Go to an all-inclusive place...Joshua at the front desk in the Coral Tower was great and so was Claudette (housekeeping) in the Beach Tower...

3  Thank Bonnie D
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Since I was a kid, I had always wanted to go to Atlantis. I went with my mom (she's 50, I'm 26) in September 2012. We had a two room suite with two balconies on a high floor overlooking the lagoon and ocean, it was beautiful! The beach and the water are AMAZING. I recommend getting out there early. On the days that the cruises come into town, it's definitely more crowded because the people from the cruises can buy day passes. We had food and drinks on the beach, I didn't think the prices were too bad. For the people who are complaining about everything already having gratuity added, they do it for a reason. They don't want you to carry cash and they are ensuring that people get tipped. Yes, it can add up because everything is billed to your room, whatever, you're on vacation! The buffets are the best value and food was really good, loved Sea Grapes. The pools and slides are so fun, we never waited more than 5 minutes. My mom and I did the lazy river like 20 times! My biggest tip/recommendation is that if you aren't working around kids' school schedules is to never go during Christmas/holidays/any school break. We went right after school had started, and it was perfect. Mostly adults, couples and few kids. I wouldn't even want to image what it would be like overflowing with kids when the resort is full. The staff is awesome, everyone was SO nice to us. The resort is huge, so much to do, I will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: -always ask for an upgrade -ask for free internet (we did and we got it!) -don't go during Chr...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
#6 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!