“Ggggrrrreat”

Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
“Ggggrrrreat”
Reviewed February 19, 2004

Went to the Atlantis and stayed on the 20th floor in the Royal Towers for 7 nights. The accomodations were great. The staff was terriffic.
Food was excellent. It was a little pricey, but, if you wondered away from the resort, it was pretty reasonable. We found bottled water for $1.75 across from the Marina. We highly recomend this resort. It was the best vacation we have ever taken and we will gladley go back. We do suggest checking in on Monday's or middle of the week. Weekends tend to be a bit more busy.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (672)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 17, 2004

February 6-12th, 2004 My husband and I stayed at the Atlantis, Paradise Island resort and Casino for a Busines conference and we were pleasantly surprised. Our last vist to Paradise Island was 6 years ago and the natives were so rude I didn't ever want to go back. From the moment we stepped off the plane in Nassau everyone was very nice to us for the whole trip. We were with a conference, so our rooms were assigned to us before we got there. We requested an Ocean view, but was told at check in they didn't have any, so we were stuck on the thrid floor with a view of Palm trees. We stayed in the Royal Tower, which for the money we didn't think it was worth it. The rooms where just plain hotel rooms, nothing was extra special. During our stayed we looked at the Coral Tower and if we go back for a conference that is where we will request to stay. The only thing special about the Royal Towers is the main entrance, which anyone can view that. The pool area was very nice, we loved all the slides, the pool attendants were very nice in helping us with a spot in the sun or shade for the day. Please be sure and tip them. At the pool order the Margaritas, the frozen tropical drinks are so weak and more expensive. The conference provided most of our dinners, but we did eat at two of the hotel restaurants, one was Chinese and one was Italian, they both were over priced for the quality of the food. One night we went to town to the Cable Beach area and ate at Cafe Johnnie Canoes. It was vey good. I had Cracked Lobster for $23.00, with two sides and my husband had a slab of ribs, with two sides for around $20.00. The portions were large, we could of split one dish. If you like to gamble bring a lot of money because the tables at the Atlantis are high and tight. Black Jack $15.00 min bet. Craps table $10.00 min. bet. The highlight of our trip was swimming with the Dolphins! The weather was pefect, they had record high temperatures. We had a nice time, but for the hotel price, gambling bets and quality and price of the hotel food, we would only go back for a conference. Aruba is where we love to go!

3 Thank Hotdice
Reviewed February 14, 2004

I just got back tonight from an 8 day trip to the Atlantis at Paradise Island, Bahamas and I can not wait to get back!!! The resort was incredibly beautiful, staff was extremely courteous and professional and I loved every minute of being there!

COST:

Yes, the place is very expensive. My eight day trip cost almost $4,000 just for the hotel and airfare, along with an additional $1,000 in expenses for meals and entertainment (however, this included about $350 for a round of golf at the Ocean Club Resort, which is incredibly beautiful and where Michael Jordan hosts his annual celebrity golf tournament). Also, the quality of this hotel was so above and beyond that of every other hotel in the area, that it was well worth the cost.

ROOM LOCATION:

I stayed in the Coral Towers in an ocean view room and was very happy there. Of course, the Royal Towers rooms are nicer and the Beach Towers rooms are a bit less expensive. Regardless, if you are deciding between staying at another Paradise Island Resort or the Beach Towers at Atlantis, go for Atlantis. Can't imagine going to another hotel on the island and not being frustrated by being unable to experience the beauty of Atlantis. I stayed at the Nassau Marriott and Crystal Palace Casino on Nassau a few years ago (now a Wyndham), and that place does not even come close to Atlantis. Also, note that the Beach Towers are a bit of a hike from the Royal Towers. Coral is right in the middle and provides easy access to any location on the resort property.

DINING:

I really liked Villa d' Este. Thought Marketplace was okay, but not worth the money. Ate lunch daily by the pool snack bars (e.g., Shark Bites, Dive Inn). They all had the typical burgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, nachos, ice cream, etc. that you would expect to find at poolside. Expect to spend $8.00 for a veggie burger, $4.50 for some nachos, etc. Did the room service for breakfast a few times and it was very good. Also got omelette's and french toast at Murray's Deli, which is by the marina.

NIGHTLIFE:

The hotel does not have much of a nightlife beyond the casino. Casino had a nightclub inside called Dragons, which drew a small crowd nightly. Otherwise, I needed to go offsite to find events beyond the free movies, comedy club and lounge singers available at Atlantis.
Also, Atlantis does not seem to draw many singles, which was somewhat surprising to me.

POOLS AND SLIDES:

After even a small time at Atlantis, you'll never be satisfied by a run-of-the-mill hotel pool again. Each of the resorts many pools has a distinct character of its own. Not to mention that the water slides and rides are great fun for people of any age. You'll love them. Beach Tower pools seemed like they were the quietest, although they had the great Lazy River Ride, while the Coral Tower pools were rarely full.
Royal Towers have the best pools, great slides, etc.

BEACH:

If you are looking to do nothing more than spend a quiet day at the beach, you may be better off at the Beach Towers. While they are much further from the central pool action at the Mayan Temple by the Royal Towers, you have an amazing beach in front of the Beach Towers.
Atlantis is really not about the beach. It has beautiful beaches and even some man made beaches, but the crowd tends to gather around the pools much more than the beach locations.

STAFF:

Everyone that I encountered was a pleasure to deal with. Some other folks that I met complained about some rude staffers, but I never encountered any such problems.

GUESTS:

Most guests by the Royal Towers pools (where I stayed most of the time) seemed to be in their late 30's or early 40's, with young children.
There were also many celebrities from the sports and entertainment worlds and other well-known individuals meandering around the property throughout the week.

AQUARIUMS:

Wow! You don't even need to like fish to love these!

OVERALL:

I need to get back there. Fast!!!

Reviewed February 9, 2004

We travel all the time and we have never had an experience like this.
First we arrived late at the resort because our flight was delayed.
Upon checking in they told us our room was given away because we were late(10:00p.m.). Finally they put us in a very small room with a bed for 4 of us. We had to wait about an hour for a roll away bed. The kids were starving by now(midnight) and we let them eat out of the mini bar.
That morning we went for breakfast and placed our order. The waitress came back with our order and an order of cheese blitz. I told her we never ordered that and a complete look of fright went on her face. I told her don't worry and we would take them anyway. After spending a ridicules amount on our breakfast we went to the front desk to see when we were to change into our new room. Well they took our key and said go to the waterslide area and they said they would come and get us when our room was ready. Well later that day nobody had come and all our stuff in our room was gone. The front desk didn't know what happened to it. Well finally we were approached later in the day and given a key to our new room and they had moved all our stuff without us being there.
Anyway that night we went for an over priced supper and about an hour later my son was very sick from food poisoning. We called the front desk for new sheets and towels and finally a hour went by and I called back and had to beg them to bring some. Finally my husband had to go to the front desk to get someone to help us. Basically this is a very over rated place. It is beautiful but if you are not one of the "rich and famous" DO NOT waste your money.

Travelers are raving about these Paradise Island hotels

Reviewed February 8, 2004

The trip from hell was at Atlantis. I paid extra money to get out of the Bahama's after having people coming into my room while I was sleeping taking a afternoon nap when My DO NOT DISTURB LIGHT WAS ON My financ'e went down to the casino while I took a nap so she didn't deadbolt the door. When I woke up a found a package left in the room. (beachtowel) I also had called the front desk to have the telephone turned off so they just don't care about the privacy of thier guest and probally didn't want to return to deliver the gift later.I felt very violated and after talking to the front desk, night manager, chief of secuiiry, front desk manageer again, front desk receptionist, the morning manager and again requested a written complanit form( Iwent through 9 people before someone would give me the form of complaint). After eating dinner at the outside buffett on the night of arriving my stomach couldn't handle any food especially with my upsettingness. When I went outside to our group that was being catered to, the seagulls were swarming all over the coffee and food. One guy was assigned to drive the flying birds away. I live in Hawaii and our resorts over here have birds also but the food has hindged covers to keep the food hot and to prevent this food containination from dirt, bugs and pigeon and seagull crap. The milk for the coffee was in a gallon stainless stain pitcher with no coveropen aired and no ice to sit in so no wonder the birds were having a food fest. I thought maybe I might be over reacting until after they took the food away. I looked and saw the the bird crap was all over the food buffett table and on the ground at the serving stations. I wonder how many people got sick from this unsanitary food practice. Well that was enough for me and back to the front desk to get some action and again I was promised that the general manager John Conway would be in contact with me. After I told the desk manager that the room I was assigned to didn't work out since the lanai was a large one and everyone above the 3rd story threw their cigaretes butts down on me while trying to work on my computer. The manager was nice enought to move us to that made things a little better. I decided to post a note on my door DO NOT DISTURB and Also turn on the light do not disturb night. Well the thiefs hit me again and took my medicine this time. I guess they were offended with my note on the door. At least I locked up my money but enought is enought. People that travel to third world poor conutries should be aware that people are disperate. I made mistakes and I hope you decide to take your vacation to Hawaii where the people are friendly with aloha spirit, the food is property handled by professional chiefs and not uncaring people. Our beachesa re just as nice its good old USA where you should be spending your money and help out our country. All my traveling friends laughed at me when I packed a case of water on this trip but at the checkin desk I pointed toi the pilot that had his case of bottled water on this luggage and had the last laugh, Its to bad I ate some the the food the first night. Well to make a long story short , I was so angry that no one seemed to care about my concerns, my financ'e becaome very angry with me that I was letting these idiots ruin our trip . I reacted and left the resort 3 days early paid hundreds in taxis and airline penalities Now I have been given the telephone call from my 10 years financ'e to be moved out of the home by tonight when she has returned. Sad Story, maybe, But I do know how people paying these kinds of prices are treated. Being a real estate timeshare broker I showed everyday pictures of what I thought from the pictures was a first class resort. Picture Lie and now in my timeshare presentations I have told people that is a must resort to see. It's really is sad because I have nmislet over 3000 people what a great resort altantis is when it is only a pink building with a few fish and staff that would be kicked out on the street if they worked at hawaii resorts, but what to you want in a country as poor as the bahamas, so I called the interent quality assurance teleophone line today and they haven't seen any complanit. Its so eary to just thow away papers when you might be the ppoeple catching hell because if infierior service.. DO NOT MAKE MY MISTAKE AND GO TO ALTANTIS EACH DAY I WAIT FOR A REPLY I WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE YOU SO SHOW HOW LONG IT TALKES TO GET SOMEONE THAT CARES ABOUT QUALTIY ASSURANCE. ATLANTIS NEEDS TO SINK BACK IN THE OCEAN Stay turned for updates becauseI intented to burnt up the internet with as many site that will allow me to help other people from having the TRIP To HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And for all you people that feel its ok to spend your money outside of USA making you should try to help our country a little a spend some of that money this country help you make in the USA. He has fish and dolphins on the big island that you can swim with so next time come to hawauii and see what Aloha is really all about. and the cost is probally about the same so see you over here soon or be a fool!

Reviewed February 1, 2004

The Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas was the best vacation I have ever been on! This review is from a thirteen year old boy, for kids that read reviews like I did. I loved my stay at the Atlantis. I went during winter. The temperature was nineteen degrees at my house and eighty degrees in the Bahamas. It didn't rain at any time and was sunny & beautiful . The most exciting thing was the water slides. My brother and I went down the Leap of Faith thirty times. That slide never gets old. You start at the top of a huge Mayan temple and drop almost vertically down into a shark tank. But don't worry, you are in a tunnel were the sharks can't get you. The Serpent Slide is near the Leap of Faith. You twist and turn through the temple and end up going through the shark tank again,except you are moving slow so you can get a good view of the sharks. On the other side of the temple there are two challenger slides. You can race a friend and it times you so you know who won. There is also the Jungle slide which is very fun. The Goombay slide was closed when I was visiting but I still had plenty of fun on the other slides. My family and I ate at Seagrapes, Marketplace, and Atlas. Seagrapes was very nice. It was a buffet. The food was excellent and there were clowns and magicians walking around. The day we went to Seagrapes was my moms birthday. She received a cake and a great performance by a magician. Marketplace was delicious. It was also a buffet. There was a large variety of foods. There was also a chocolate fountain to ''fudgify'' your food. Atlas was awesome! There were televisions and the food was excellent. All the food at the Atlantis was outstanding. Atlantis resort was awesome! It was fun for me and my parents. I would definitely go again! The following review is from the parents:Our family of 4 has cruised together, traveled to Jamaica, Las Vegas, Caymen Isl., Disney, etc. so we feel we know what to look for, and expect in a family vacation. We stayed @ The Comfort Suites just next door to the Atlantis. We asked for the newly furbished rooms & our room accommodations were wonderful. Each morning we ate breakfast at our hotel & headed directly over to the Atlantis until approx. 5 PM each day. As our son mentioned, we had wonderful meals @ the Atlantis, although expensive, we expected this and were prepared. We went to several movies @ the Atlantis, shopped across the street at the Marketplace, spent time at the beach and pools, and had an all-around awesome time. No problems or complaints whatsoever. It will be one of our families most memorable vacations.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 28, 2004

We went to Atlantis for our honeymoon and found the hotel extremely expensive - an 8 minute call home cost us $120! The hotel itself was lovely and very clean but the staff were not friendly or helpful.
Overall OK but very over-rated.

• Stayed July 2003
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!