“Royal Towers”

Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I read the reviews and they were all over the place. I'd been there previously when it opened in the late 90's and once again in early 2000. It 's expanded a lot since then but it is still one of the great properties I've ever visited. It was really expensive but our convention provide full Buffet breakfast which was $50 at the hotel buffet for every meal. Would of been $100 for breakfast otherwise. All the resturants were over the top. The place is Great for kids with lots of pools and water slides. Beaches were more private. The advantage of the pools is that you can get a reasonable priced lunch. Do know that 15% tip is added just about everywhere on the island for meals. The staff is very helpful and there is a shuttle service that's free to get around because the place is super large but the Royal towers you are in the middle. The Cove Towere and beaches are for adults only located at the far left of the property but you have to be staying at the Coce to use the beach.

Room Tip: Cove towers for couples. You are at the far end though
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank emery2e
Write a ReviewReviews (3,880)

Reviewed March 23, 2013

we stayed here from Mar 16-20 (4 nights) at the price of $2,800.00 for 2 adults, 1 child.

Room (ocean view 4th floor #136): dated, clean but the shower has no power let alone pressure. I was looking forward to the ocean view as we entered the room and noticed the broken cabinet door, broken mini bar and the broken closet door to realize that the air conditioners are located on this side of the building and the roof top was filled with garbage thrown down from all the teenagers saying at this hotel. So no I didn't get to enjoy the view as I didn't even open the balcony door after the first time.

Service: fantastic

Security: watching tv at 1:30 a.m as I went around the hotel trying to find someone to help me control the drunk teenagers banging their doors, running down the hallways and screaming and yelling for fun. After I found them, they said they would take care of it but really not much was done.

food: It's not as expensive as everyone says. I brought breakfast as we are not big eaters in the morning. Lunch and dinner my husband and I shared a meal and our son had the kids meal. I did bring snacks from home. for the 5-6 day we spent total $450 on meals. Water 1.5L is $7.00!!!!

I have to say, the tanks are fantastic, there is tons of staff around, most of which standing and gossiping about each other. The guys at the pool in the orange shirts who are suppose to help you with the heavy umbrella actually enjoy watching you struggle till you make eye contact. The lifeguards are standing around and talking or some could possibly be sleeping!

I can't stand smokers so having to walk through the casino was disgusting with all the smoke.

The marina is really cute and fun for the kids.

We will not be considering Atlantis again as the teenagers killed it for us. making out in the hallways and around the pool area. The last draw for me was when my 4 year old asked me: "are those kids mating?" pointing to the teenagers sucking face.

Room Tip: don't stay at the beach towers. It's too far from everything on top of everything I mention...
7  Thank Elmirawashere
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed at the Beach Tower at the Atlantis Resort in March of 2010. The overall resort is spectacular and very beautiful. The Beach Tower was the least expensive to stay in and less luxurious than the other towers but was a very good place to stay. The room was very good and clean with a good view of the ocean from the balcony. We did not spend much time in the room since there are several things to do at the resort. The Atlantis resort is a very expensive place to stay, so save your money and take advantage of any deals that are offered to reduce costs. Also purchase a meal plan in advance since this is not an all inclusive resort. The food is very good but very expensive which is why having a prepaid meal plan is important to keep costs down.

There is a 15% gratuity for all meal purchases and this is both annoying and expensive but people need to work and be paid. As I understand it, the gratuity is collected and divided equally and given to the employees in addition to their wages and is an important part of their income.

There are many attractions that one can use, ranging from the pools, beaches, and lagoons, kayaking, sailing, snorkeling, water slides, artifical rapids, slow streams, water parks, free movie theater, aquariums, etc. It is unbelievably specacular to be at this place. The dolphin cay is $500 extra but was the high light of the trip for my family.

My family really enjoyed their stay here and want to go back. I tell them we may go back someday for places like this are truely once in a lifetime for most people and there are other places to go that are less expensive. My daughters were only seven and five years old at the time but they still talk about Atlantis, even after we took them to Disneyland and California Adventure in 2011. Needless to say Disneyland and California Adventure were spectacular as well but it is half the cost of Atlantis. So if you goto Atlantis budget for about $8,000 to $10,000 for a family of four for a one week stay. Going to Disneyland and California Adventure is about $4,000 to $6,000 for a family of four for one week.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank John R
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Let me start by saying that this is a beautiful, well cared for resort. Very clean, beautiful beaches and pools, everything is well maintained. The staff are very friendly and helpful; genuinely interested in improving your stay. I travelled with my sister and her two boys, aged 10 and 12. Our mistake was in travelling during the US high school Spring Break - we were there March 14th - 21st, so here comes the bad part.

GradCity/StudentCity.com tours were actually allowed to book clients for a week at this resort. Beach and Coral Towers were full of crude, loud, offensive and ill-mannered teens - and in large numbers. Each day came with a new assault upon our sensibilities with activites such as bringing booze bottles (40 ouncers at 11 am) at Beach Pool (designed for young children) and loudly consuming them with f-bombs dropped energetically at any opportunity; openly urinating at the resorts beaches close to where young children were searching for shells; shouting across open spaces from their balconies in descriptive details as to what activities would be taking place that night and with whom; emptying a tray of eggs benedict one morning at the buffet just to have them all; simulating ejaculation (again in the Beach pool) with a bottle of champagne; and possibly most memorably, entertaining other hotel guests by urinating from balconies. My sister and I were enjoying a glass of champagne on our balcony to celebrate our last night and escape from the teens when this happened. Nice.

I am giving the resort a poor rating because my sister and I politely inquired throughout the week as to how and when security should be notified of the bother this group was presenting to other guests. Everywhere we went on the resort to escape them, people were telling similar stories of bad behaviour that they had also encountered. Everyone was trying to be somewhere that hordes of the teens were not. Nothing was done by management to reprimand or remove these vandals from the property, even though they were clearly violating the resorts own policies and rules. We also complained to the tour representatives, who similarly did nothing.

I felt badly for the staff that had to deal with these kids (the really terrible ones were self-described A-Listers from Manhattan). Unless Atlantis can take a stand against badly behaved guests, support their staff and beleagured well behaved guests, I won't be back again. It's a shame, because all the care given to making this a truly wonderful resort goes out the window when guests are subjected to this type of truly disgraceful behaviour.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any student tours booked for the time that you are planning to go. If so, pick ano...
6  Thank 654Annie123
Reviewed March 19, 2013

my family and i just got back of vacation.excellent hotel for my 10yr and 14yr old sons.hardly left the property.every thing was there.sandra picked us up she was there waiting on us with a sign that had the boys name on it,they felt so special she also provided us with cold kaliks and goombay sodas for the kids.we made arrangements for her to pick us up and return us to the airport,she was promt.the hotel guys were very helpfull.thanks to trip advisor for making our vacation so simple and enjoyable.we found hotel and excelent transportation.sandra is the greatest first and last empression.will use her again.thanks atlantis and sandra.buda chan and family

4  Thank buda c
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We just got back from our 4 day vacation. The rooms were very comfortable (especially the beds). The resort is fun(travelled with a 14 year old). Staff were very friendly. We did have the meal plan and were prepared for the 15
Percent tip added to each meal. We liked the idea of cashless purchases. We could not swim in the ocean due to high waves. But the beaches were amazing! Restaurants were very good (Marketplace, Murray's diner) can't wait to return!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Antoinette B
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Fabulous beach and water great pools and the tube ride is awesome. so many restaurants to choose from you can not get to all of them in a week. We went snorkeling in the sea when I got back on the boat I told the captain we have more fish to see at our hotel.

Room Tip: I like the old original hotel it is more reasonable price for a much time you spend in a room I woul...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!