WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Acton, Massachusetts
“Better Than Last Year”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

The Beach Tower is the oldest of the places to stay at the Atlantis but the rooms are clean and spacious. Could just use some redecorating. Service from front desk, housekeeping, doorman, and banquet staff was all very good. I felt like the overall service was better than what I experienced last year. I was here on business again but would recommend as a family vacation as there is so much available to do. It is pricey however so be prepared.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Travelin2Anywhere

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Carrollton, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

We been to Atlantis 4 times in the last three years. This is the first time we stay at the Beach Tower. We love it and its cheaper than the Royal Towers and a lot cheaper than the Cove. Especially if you have kids. Just a little further from the water park.

Room Tip: If you like the views the higher floor are better.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank Tano P
Fort Collins, CO , USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I went as part of a group, glad I didnt have to pay for anything. The property is beautiful, the rooms were alright, the casino was fun, the aquarium was amazing. We only ate a couple of times on the property itself, and the prices were what someone would expect at a luxury resort, expensive. Staff was alright, but not over accommodating.

Room Tip: If you like to see whats going on, take the higher rooms, nice views
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank r t
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Atlantis is truly an amazing experience .Everything from the aquarium to the water park is unlike I have ever seen in a resort.Bring your camera because there are a lot of amazing features that you are going to want to capture.The marina is filled with some of the best yachts you will ever see.There is unlimited shopping and restaurants.One of my faves is the restaurant next door @ The One & Only resort.The only downside to Atlantis is you need to be prepared to spend a lot of $$$$ nothing is cheap.As far as shopping and restaurants if you are looking to save $ you need to catch the ferry to Nassau.But overall the experience is worth every dime spent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tiller01
Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We went as part of a company party. Yikes! Any meal that doesn't leave you hungry iss $35+ a person. You can't stay there without spending ~$100 a day for food per person minimum, unless you're living off soda crackers and mustard packets, and if you want to have some nice dinners you'll pop several hundred more during your stay.

They nickel and dime as well. I asked for a mini-fridge, and was told that would be $15 a day (but you have to ask the rate first - otherwise they won't tell you, they'll just tack it on at the end). I also once asked room service to bring two plastic forks and spoons, and they came with a made-up $2.00 charge. After I told them to take it back the housekeeping lady kindly brought me several free of charge.

That housekeeping lady was the exception; the service is generally unfriendly - you get the sense most of the staff don't like foreigners and don't particularly want to be at their job. The other time I called room service to fix something they just never came.

Truth is, my wife and I joked with ourselves that the Atlantis is a bed and a beach. Although once you get on the beach you have to fend off the droves of Atlantis-sponsored vendors who are perpetually hustling you to buy stuff imported from China that says "Bahamas" on it. Get past them and walk into the neighboring beaches, and you really discover how beautiful the island is. With the exception of the section of beach the Atlantis overshadows, the beaches are quiet and gorgeous. We enjoyed several long walks on them, and they are freely accessible.

In all, We had a much more enjoyable stay once we started leaving the resort and venturing into the rest of Nassau. There are grocery stores in town and plenty of excellent restaurants that are reasonably priced for a tropical island (again, Atlantis is unreasonably priced for a tropical island). If you can get a good rate on a room, pack some snacks to bring in, don't be afraid to use the bus system (it's $1.25 a person and will get you anywhere you want to go), prepare to call BS on the occasional fee, and you'll enjoy your stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
23 Thank Drew B

Travelers are raving about these Paradise Island hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by our recent stay at the Beach Tower at Atlantis. We had booked the trip through Delta Vacations for our first anniversary before reading the MANY negative reviews. We went expecting the worst- poor service, outdated hotel rooms, and to be nickel-and-dimed at every corner with surprise fees. The only other vacation we’ve been on was our honeymoon, in which we stayed 4 nights at Sandals La Toc in St. Lucia. We were really disappointed with our experience in St. Lucia altogether, so we decided to try the Caribbean one more time.
We were greeted with a warm and friendly welcome at the Nassau airport. The airport was small and very clean. Our cab dropped us off at Coral Towers (a short walk to Beach Tower- all cabs/transportation must leave from Coral Towers on that side of the resort). The lobby was beautiful and clean, in my opinion. The décor and details throughout the resort were beautiful. Our room was fine, nothing spectacular but far from bad. The concierge was friendly and upfront about extra fees/costs (like the water in the room). All of the prices for the restaurants are posted outside of the entrance, so I never felt like I was tricked in spending more money. (I did make a call to the US from our room using our credit card to leave a voicemail and that was $25!) We packed cereal bars for breakfast, snacks, canned tuna, and cup o’soups for lunch & dinner. I’d recommend this anyone looking to cut costs on food. The food is expensive in the restaurants ($25 for breakfast, $50+ for dinner). We got the “taste of atlantis” package for free which allowed us to sample some appetizers at a few restaurants and we thought the food/drinks were very good. Beach Towers is a 20 min walk from the water park and the main areas of the resort. The water park was fun- definitely more geared towards kids/adults that enjoy steep drops (unlike me). The beach by Beach Towers was nicer than the one located by the more expensive hotels at the other end of the resort. We really enjoyed exploring the property as a whole- it’s a huge resort. We did the scuba diving excursion by Bahama Divers, which was fun. We also had dinner at Senor Frogs by the pier one night and we received amazing service there. We would definitely go back someday and hopefully stay in the Cove or Royal Towers, since they’re closer to everything and a little more upscale.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room, even though you probably won't be in your room much. We wish we could...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tiffanyd2012
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

The surcharges and hidden fees were amazing, amounting to roughly double the stated room price. There was the "bellman's gratuity" of roughly $20 even though I never saw a bellman. There was the daily energy surcharge and of course a daily acronym charge. I was disappointed that the phone did not work, the front desk could not get my name right in its system so the internet (with a separate charge) did not work dependably. Everything at Atlantis is expensive. I expected the fifty dollar lunch. What shocked me was the over the top avarice. When I stood in line for twenty minutes to check out, I could not speak to a manager because none were on duty. When I asked for one to contact me, they apparently forgot. I suppose that if they did call or e-mail a response, there would be a surcharge.

Room Tip: Book at the RIU next door. At least you will not be surprised by hidden charges.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!