This was my first time to the Carribbean, so I'm trying to balance my OH MY GAWD THE WATERS ARE SO BLUE! experience with the actual hotel and premises. Since the Beach Towers were so inexpensive compared to the rest of the resort, I was expecting it to be run down, but in reality, it was just fine. The room was clean, the thermostat was adjustable, the view was just fine...not panoramic, but you still had a balcony with a water view. The pool parties at the next door hotel got a bit loud, and the TV was hard to navigate through and got frustrating. The bathroom was a nice size, and the toiletries were nice.
The cleaning staff and general staff walking around were nice and helpful, but the bell desk staff were terrible. We kept getting calls from the front desk for people that weren't in our room, and it took us 2 days to track down a gift basket that was left for us. They were no help at all, simply shrugging and sending us to another person if we needed something. We were told at the front desk that we had two free breakfasts, and that wasn't true at all.
The food is really expensive and the service is not good at all. Even when you're spending $200 at a restaurant they mess up orders, take FOREVER to get you your food and just don't seem to care. The bartenders are pretty friendly but also really slow. The shuttle that was to take us back to the airport was super late as well and no one at the hotel would really help us.
The waterpark is fun, beaches are pretty, water is lovely, walking around the fancier hotel towers is lovely. It definitely isn't quiet, and there is a lot of walking, but there is also a lot to do.
So overall, it is a GREAT place to visit, very fun. But definitely plan plan plan ahead of time, double check everything, and don't expect things to be as you planned. Expect everything to take twice as long as it should...and just get used to island time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barefoot and carefree, The Beach at Atlantis is literally all about the beach itself. Perfect for value- minded guests seeking a casual and tropical, relaxed ambience steps away from Atlantis Beach, the Beach experience does not include room service, but does offer the amenities of Atlantis within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- Beach Hotel At Atlantis
- Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas
- Beach Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Beach Tower
- Atlantis Paradise Island Hotel
- Atlantis Island Resort
- Atlantis Royal Tower
- Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island