“"Wow" what a great place to stay !”

Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We were amazed at what Atlantis had to offer. I love trip advisor because the suggestion to get a case of water at a local grocery store before heading to Atlantis was a great idea. Bottled water is also an expensive item to buy besides breakfast and dinner being really expensive. The direct flights to the Bahamas on Jet Blue or Spirit is the way to go. We found that getting breakfast at Starbucks is much cheaper than going to any of the restaurants. For dinner, there are a lot of places to choose from in and around Atlantis. You just have to talk to the locals and they will direct you to good places to go. We stood in the Beach Tower which I loved because it is situated at the one end of the property and you had to walk to get to the pools, rapids and lagoon. The scenery is beautiful and you appreciate the beauty of it while you are walking and exercising at the same time. The rooms are clean and neat. You are never in your room anyway, so why pay more? We definitely will be back soon.

Room Tip: Stay at the Beach Tower
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AMA411
Write a ReviewReviews (3,900)

Reviewed November 17, 2011

We stayed at the Beach Tower recently and found it clean and comfortable. Yes, it was dated and not fancy but nothing wrong with it. We had a "Terrace View" which was mainly looking at the roof of the lobby, but we could see part of the waterfall over the sea turtle area, which was nice. It would probably be worth it to pay extra for an ocean view room. But the balcony is so small you probably aren't going to spend much time on it anyway. Our maid Barbara was great and super friendly.

The room had two beds - which we found very comfortable, a coffee maker, safe, flat screen tv, mini bar, small balcony with a couple of chairs and small table, there was also a hairdryer in the bathroom. We found the safe easy to use and it was nice to know that valuables were secure. Liked being able to look at our account on the TV, as I heard about people being surprised at the end of their stay, so it was nice to see the charges daily. The mini bar has a little room in it, we fit in a few of our own things by rearranging things. Some of the drinks in the mini bar are actually a little cheaper or close to the same price as elsewhere on the resort, so we found it convenient to use them when we needed. We brought cereal/oatmeal for easy cheap breakfasts, you can get milk at Starbucks - I never did find anywhere else to get milk. You should definitely bring lots of snacks, food is extremely expensive. Lots of sunscreen too, I checked the price in the onsite convenience stores and a regular spray bottle cost $35!! You can get decent priced lunches near the pools, the soft drinks are refillable all day long-just remember to keep your cup.

Beach Tower is pretty far from Aquaventure, there is a small lazy river, toddler pool and a larger pool just outside, but I hear it is closed sometimes, it was all open early Nov when we were there. We had two small children so the walking was a bit much for them. Think I would spend a little more and stay in Coral if I went back. When you check in you have to go to Coral towers then walk to Beach tower. Also if you want a taxi they cannot access the front of Beach towers - you need to go to coral. They have closed this area off except for the shuttle that will take you to any of the towers. This can be time consuming and unpredictable.

Our son liked the lazy river, he's 4 and we even took our 20 month on this as well. They have lots of life jackets for use at any towel hut area. Under 48" cannot really go on any more of the rides. There are several kids pools with smaller slides. We took our son to AKA a couple of times. We were hesitant at first, but he really liked it. We got 2 free passes with our package, but think it costs $45 for 3-4 hours. Not sure if this is worth it. But it gave us some time to ourselves to go around the resort and we felt pretty comfortable leaving him there.
Overall we found Beach tower to be a good value, considering the price of the other towers, but be prepared to walk a lot. Staying in Coral would reduce this, as we found coral to be pretty close to the Royal towers where most of the action is.

I read a lot on this site about the staff being unfriendly, and I was worried bout this, but we found most of the staff to be very friendly. Sure there were a few but most were really nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Terrace view will probably overlook an ugly rooftop.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Jenn_p26
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Really nice hotel; older rooms, but quite nice; great customer service and friendly staff; comfy beds; Aquaventure included in hotel price is so AWESOME! Will definitely be back, but probably stay at a more central location. Hotel was a bit far from the actual water park itself. The only drawback was the highly expensive restaurants. My family does not do well with "family-style" dining, so we were not able to enjoy it as much. We did bring a lot of our own snacks and breakfast foods, so that saved us a bundle.

Room Tip: Definitely try to get an oceanview room - it was worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Bahamas is a great place to visit, but the plane delays were horrible. My boyfriend and I took a short 3 day trip to Atlantis. First we had a 5 hour delay on Bahama Air due to so called mechanical problems. We spent 5 hours in the airport which took half of a day away from our vacation. The airline was not too concerned about this but gave us a food voucher to use but did not really explain which food vendor we had to go to which resulted in us just paying for our food, not wanting to wander around the airport any longer. The hotel room and amenities were great however due to the automatic gratuity on every purchase the service was lacking. The plane ride back on Bahama Air resulted in another 2 hour delay due to mechanical problems again. While I would visit again, I will never take that airline again! This was very frustrating as we bought a package deal with Atlantis with the airline tickets. Bahama Air gives Atlantis a bad name and a poor travel experience!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kimuzee
Reviewed November 1, 2011

The Atlantis Beach Towers was perfect for our family – we had 2 rooms, one for us and one for our teenagers. We pre-ordered some room snacks from Foodstore2go so that we always kept everyone fed and watered on the cheap – even made sandwiches to take to the water park. I brought a soft sided cooler bag to carry snacks to save money and time and the staff didn't seem to mind. The kids loved all that there was to do – the water park, the pottery painting and the games room on rainy days, Club Crush at night. They never got bored. It made the trip great for my husband and me.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Evan H
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The room I stayed in had a great view but the room was very Humid inside and the pillows and sheets felt damp when laying down in the bed. I wasn't sure if it was the weather but it was just a weird feeling inside the room. My flight was delayed and so I stayed at the Sheraton and the room wasn't damp and it felt much better so I knew then, that it wasn't the the weather, it was just something wrong with the AC. I wouldn't recommend staying at Beach Tower but any other part of Atlantis is great. I had a wonderful view though that made most of it all better. I was in room 4139.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room directly by the beach. 4139. That had a great view, so if you stay in the Beach T...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Bahama's is a great place to visit... Not only is it beautiful, but its a great place for either couples or families... The swim with the dolphins was the highlight of my trip... beautiful beach, pools all over the resort and the waterpark was fun for people of all ages.... I espically liked how there was aquariums all over the resort for you to look into, go under or watch sharks being fed. The food is quite expensive, so i would recommend bringing lots of snacks in your suitcase and you don't really need alot of cash as many restuarents and shops accept your Atlantis Card (which is also your room key, towel key, entrance to anywhere, etc- you recieve this at checkin) - infact, some places don't even accept cash... The room we stayed in was quite clean and the maid service did a good job cleaning every day, i have no compliants... Weather in October can be a little un-predictable.... we didn't have full sun for the 5 days we were there, and it rained a few times, needless to say, the temperature was still very warm every day... Such an amazing trip, Atlantis was a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
#4 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!