“Amazing-dreamy experience”

Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Just return from my stay in Atlantis and wish would never have ended. I got engaged at Paradise beach, interact with the dolphins,snorkle wit ray and sharks, enjoy the water park, relax at the beach with amazing sunny days, enjoy the clear blue waters of the beach,eat at amazing restaurants like Carmine's. Plenty of food. Party at the Junkanoo
in Marina Village, had an amazing romantic experience with my fiance, explore the dig(aquarium), visited Nassau. The staff at the hotel were beyond friendly.Every service was fast and diligent. Can't understand why some people complaint? The room was quiet spacious and the bed enormous. Everything was what I expected. For all the services they provide the price is reasonable. You have to explore everything they have. The Bahamians are such nice and friendly-happy people. There music is very lively and they always are very helpful. This was the best vacation I have ever had.

Room Tip: Try to eat outside the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 30, 2011

This hotel gives new meaning to "does not include..." The hotel did not give us the rooms we reserved, they overbooked with spring break [read college kids and screaming kids] and did not try to fix the issue. They charged daily for a bellman that we never used; they charge for using the pool; daily utilities "tax" [my a/c was broken and the plumbing in the other room did not work]; they charge extra if you want a cool or working mini bar; daily maid service charge; a gratuity is added to everything which does not motivate the staff to help you out in any way; and the business center will add minutes to your computer time and overcharge you for internet usage [at dial-up service speed...]. If you do go, buy the mealplan on the website PRIOR to going and buy your water in Nassau and schlep it back to your hotel; otherwise you will pay an insane amount of money for food and water. The cheapest meal is room service or Starbucks...

5  Thank ndmny
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I have stayed at this resort 3 diffrent times, and you can see some signs of aging, but they do their best to maintain it. They offer alot to do, and it is a great experience if you have never been. It can get costly at the casinos and bars if you dont want to leave the resort at night. The pool area is the best I have ever been to, and the aquarium is awsom.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Great place to stay. Lots of fun and everything you could want is right on the resort island. Loved the beach and water park. Indoor aquarium, water slides/pools, beaches, dolphin parks, food (from 5 star restaurants, to eateries, to buffets), bars and clubs, casino, shopping village and more. Or, take a 10 minute ferry over to downtown.

Only down side was the over abundance of teens that were load, drunk and everywhere. We may have seen the worst of it during the spring break season, but we didn't mind too much since we were there to have fun too. Our room wasn't ready at check-in and wasn't 100% clean when we got into the room. We were offered a $50 credit toward our meal that day.

Most things on the island are charged through your room key to the room. Gratuity is mandatory and built into the charges. And almost nothing is free. Still it has been the best vacation spot yet.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank ericoa1
Reviewed March 25, 2011

The place is spectacular! A real paradise treat! That said, being Atlantis seems to mean never having to say you're sorry...

We wanted to do it right, so we signed up for the very expensive Atlantis Dining Plan. Sounds good, but make your reservation weeks in advance, or yo'll never get a reservation at the best restaurants in the resort. Wait a minute, you mean I paid for the plan that allows me to eat (breakfast and dinner only) at the better restaurants, but I can't get in??? After accusing them of "bait and switch", we were finally able to get reservations, although at wierd times,

Here's the real scam though, the restaurants do not give you a copy of your receipt, so I asked for the billing detail at the front desk to make sure we weren't actually paying the ridiculously inflated food prices. It turns out, they can't give you the billing detail at the front desk at all, but I was being charged for food at every single meal that was supposed to be covered by the dining plan. When I called them on it, they quickly agreed to remove the charges and blamed a computer glitch.

Even after this however, each meal mysteriously had an average of $40 of erroneous charges. Each time they said this was a rare occurance, and never once apologized.

Finally, our reservation included a "free" Taste of Atlantis card, giving us 2 free drinks at 5 different bars/restaurants on the property. Of the 5, 2 of them accidentally charged us anyway (at $15 per drink). Again, my eagle eye caught this, and again, they said it was a rare event, and removed the charges, and again, no apology.

By the way, the fine print on the meal plan and "free" drinks is that you do pay for your drinks and a built in gratuity. For my family of 5, the gratuity alone was comparable to a normal restaurant bill for my family as it was based on their ridiculously inflated prices.

One final annoyance was the rooms on our hallway that were packed with 18 year old spring break kids who partied from room to room and were very loud in the hallways. Calls to security did little to alleviate the problem.

Wile the service left much to be desired, the resort itself is spectacular.

3  Thank denzbenz
Reviewed March 25, 2011

It was nice. The kids liked it. The beach was nice. The food was ok. The service was not what I expected. It was a pricey trip - My husband and myself brought 4 kids - 13, 12, 6, & 5. Service should have been better. I'm spoiled - I like luxury vacations - this was not it - but, again, the kids liked it. They liked Disney better. I saw some honeymooners, and older couples w/out kids - I would NEVER go here w/out kids.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We were victims of advertising in choosing this hotel. Never again. Family of nine in 4 rooms. Everyone in our party agreed that the vacation was not worth it. My family had children two and four. Staff were unfriendly and unhelpful to us. The seemed resentful of us asking for a high chair, for example. At dinner one night staff took an hour and twenty minutes to serve the kids plain noodles (we were first ones in the restaurant with 'birthday' reservations). No apologies, no help, no birthday candles on anyone's desserts. They in fact forgot dessert after we ordered it directly with the chef. And asked if "we were sure" that we wanted it. At that time, we did not. Life guards on site appeared unattentive and one child started swallowing water in front of them, and they did not move. There is a lot of water. This was not safe. Some of life guards did not appear to be wearing bathing suits, and were looking away from the water where there were lots of kids. The shuttle around hotel was never on time when we needed it, we waited for hours, literally hours of wasted vacation time. Managers seemed only 20% helpful when we called. Lots of drunk teenagers at night banging on walls. They stayed for about 2 nights at a time and just when security had asked them enough times to seemingly warrant eviction, a new group would come in. Woke up all the kids on the floor 4 of our nights stay. Again, no apologies, no real assistance 'we will take care of it' -- nope. Room service did not pick up rotting food in hallway for > 12 hours (after 2 calls). The grounds are nice. But overall, not worth it. I would have rather stayed in a smaller hotel, with nice staff, on a decent beach. And we have done Sandals Turks and Caicos and the Waikaloa village-- I like mega resorts at times. But this was bad bad service. The worst part was that my 2 yo little girl ran through the connecting doors in an a-joining room into her grandmas room -- and she slammed the door shut. There was no safety latch on any of the a-joining doors, and the front bolt had been locked from the inside. Noone came to help us (> ten calls to hotel security, rapid response, operator, front desk) for over an hour. Noone came to help unbolt the door, with a toddler trapped in a room, for over an hour. At a 'nice' resort. I had to call the island 911 service twice and ask for the fire department in order to have someone show up. I am embarrassed and sorry that I recommend that my family all meet there. Please, look into a different place-- they do not deserve the business. Also, my mom and I did not want to eat the buffet in the AM and just wanted coffee and to sit with the kids-- they charged us 14 dollars for 2 coffees. Seriously. Terrible service, terrible quality of experience, not worth it.

9  Thank ajvbmom
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!