Agree with much of the other reviews.
1. When arriving, tell the cabby you are going to "Columbus Tavern". No one has heard of the hotel.
2. Its a time share set-up. Our room was large and well equipped. Decor was dated but acceptable.
3. When making a reservation, make sure you ask about extra costs. We were stung by a cleaning charge, a night energy surcharge and taxes. The base room rate was cheap so the extras were not a huge issue, but it would have been good to know about these up front. Extras were $10 a night for cleaning, same for energy plus 14% tax on the room rate.
4. Location is at the far end of the island. This was good for us as it meant it was quiet. 5 mins walk to cabbage beach and 15/20 mins to the village.
5. We borrowed bikes to get around (free). There are limited number and they are interesting design, but worth doing to help get about.
6. The grocery store on paradise island is *really* expensive. Bahamas are expensive, but this shop is a total rip off. Staff are grim as well - go into Nassau.
7. Other reviews mentioned a water shuttle from the harbour to Nassau. This was not available when we were there (being repaired?), but there was a van available.
8. Slightly disappointed that we did not have an ocean view. We were looking into the tavern! However, noise from the tavern did not go on too late and in general it was quiet.
9. Pool area very pleasant.
10. Food at the tavern was good, and would recommend going during happy hour (5-7pm).
Overall, would recommend if you don't like going to the mega resorts. Its not luxury but offers good value for money. We'd go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its beautiful beaches and ideal location, Paradise Island was developed to include elegant hotels and fabulous resorts, making it a top resort destination throughout the world. This tropical island getaway has some of the most beautiful beaches in the Bahamas and is a perfect location for enjoying year-round outdoor recreation. A playground for vacationers from around the world, the island is famous for its easy going style and variety of amenities. The Paradise Harbour Club and Marina is a collection of king-size hotel rooms, full-size junior suites, and one-and two-bedroom apartments. It is a great choice for those who want the freedom of a private residence with the facilities of a large resort. With a marina, beaches and an enviable location, our Paradise Island resorts offer everything from watersports and relaxing on the beach to entertainment and gaming at the famous Atlantis Resort and Casino adjacent to our resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Paradise Harbour Club & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Harbour Club And Marina Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Harbour Club & Marina Bahamas/Paradise Island