This was my gf and my first trip to the Bahamas (Feb 2009) and we had a fantastic time and the Paradise Harbour Club and Marina was a big part of that. The property is not a 4 star all inclusive resort typical of Paradise Island, but if you like clean, quiet and spacious rooms, a friendly staff, added perks like free bike rentals and access to an amazingly pristine and uncrowded beach (8 min walk, 3 min bike ride) all at a reasonable price; this is the place for you. My favorite part was having breakfast every morning on the balcony overlooking the marina and sea, watching sail boats go by. Beautiful! Tip: Try for a top floor if you can to maximize the view. Also, taxis are ridiculously expensive. The hotel has some free shuttle services, but Paradise Island is pretty small and I really recommended the bikes, even downtown Nassau is a short bike ride away and is a great way to see both islands, pick up some groceries or go to the beach. Also, the construction other reviewers have noted is not on this property itself, but next door. When we stayed it was a good way done already and we did not notice any noise at all.
The restaurant near the hotel is pricey just as all dining options in the Bahamas, but actually had pretty decent food. Happy hour is the best time to go for the specials and to socialize/get tips with other guests (who often were timeshare owners). Go to the Fish Fry in Nassau and for the freshest conch salad, go just over the bridge in Nassau where there is a bunch of stalls and a mini market where the conch fishermen sell their catch (Daphneys was amazing!!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its beautiful beaches and ideal location, Paradise Island was developed to include elegant hotels and fabulous resorts, making it a top resort destination throughout the world. This tropical island getaway has some of the most beautiful beaches in the Bahamas and is a perfect location for enjoying year-round outdoor recreation. A playground for vacationers from around the world, the island is famous for its easy going style and variety of amenities. The Paradise Harbour Club and Marina is a collection of king-size hotel rooms, full-size junior suites, and one-and two-bedroom apartments. It is a great choice for those who want the freedom of a private residence with the facilities of a large resort. With a marina, beaches and an enviable location, our Paradise Island resorts offer everything from watersports and relaxing on the beach to entertainment and gaming at the famous Atlantis Resort and Casino adjacent to our resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Harbour Club & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Harbour Club And Marina Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Harbour Club & Marina Bahamas/Paradise Island