“Tried it twice... ”

Paradise Harbour Club & Marina
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

This was the second time my husband and I stayed here in 2013(previously Feb and this Dec) as it is a choice for our timeshare points. The room itself is "fine", comfortable bed, generally clean. The first stay we had a suite, that only includes a microwave and small frig with some dishes. Second time we had two bedroom with full kitchen which allowed us to buy more food and cook. You will want to do this as the food in the Bahamas is ridiculously expensive and not anything special. Our feb. trip was pleasant other then when we got there they had failed to mention during booking that the entire pool/hot tub was under construction. They had set up privileges at another resort location, but that just wasn't the same. So this Dec. trip we were thankful to see the construction had paid off. The pool area is the saving grace to this resort. It's got beautiful landscaping and gives a great view of water. As many other reviews state, the actual hotel is sitting behind a restaurant that is out of business and sadly blocks the view for most of the rooms. This trip also ended up having several frustrations. Our rooms A/C just kept stopping, which I think is part of there "energy saver" system. Somebody would have to check it every few hrs to make sure it was still on and blowing, otherwise there was NO air movement in master bedroom. There is a separate a/c unit in second bedroom which was wonderful for my parents.
On our Feb. trip we quickly discovered it was a pain to get a taxi everyday or night to go down to the Atlantis marina, as it costs $7-16 each way(less than a mile-you can walk it, just gets old), so we just grabbed the resort bikes/locks and took a quick ride and it turned out to be quite fun. So this time we planned on the same.... guess what.. the bikes can't be used after 5pm anymore. That's how the experience in general felt at Paradise Harbour Club and Marina ... it was always something. Lastly, the front desk staff during first trip were pleasant and helpful setting up excursions; this time it was almost a joke how little they said to us. All and all, my husband and I may return to the Bahamas, but we won't be staying here. The honest truth is( as much as I don't want to admit it)... if your Going to go to Bahamas stay at Atlantis resort. That's where all good stuff is.

Stayed: December 2013
13  Thank dancenkdd

Reviewed December 7, 2013

The suite was spacious and nice. The view was good, but at only one angle. If I looked south, it was a dilapidated closed restaurant roof that blocked the harbor view. If I looked down, it was the dumpster and utilities lockers. Only looking up and East could I get a nice harbor view. But, the patio was spacious.
There was a full kitchen, but after cooking I found about 100 roaches after the crumbs on the stove. From that point on I washed every dish before using.
Getting shuttle service to the beach was easy enough, but getting a ride back cost 2 international phone calls to the office and walking half way.
I'm giving it and average because of all the faults. I loved the suite, but it was on the 3rd floor. I didn't mind using the stairways, except hauling my luggage up after flying all day to get there.
By the time I left I was sick with a cold/sinus infection and I now wonder if the roaches, the air-conditioning system (dirty???) or being left walking back to hotel in the rain caused it. I was also smelling garbage and sewer frequently.
I was also taken to the wrong hotel first and had to pay another taxi to get me to the right hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the west side to not have traffic or the dumpsters. Noise and air pollution on entranc...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Windblown O
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night, before checking in at our final destination. Wow! It exceeded my expectations. Beautiful clean room, upgraded to 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen and we were on the first floor. I wish that we had time to use the pool, it looked so nice. Staff was very helpful, we were given a free shuttle to our final destination. Fast, friendly service. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Tori D
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The location was good. The view was good. The price was good for the room. The staff was so so but the biggest issue I have is that they didn't have an elevator. After traveling between islands and finally getting to our room to rest, only to find there are NO elevators. We were tired from a long day and then we had to haul our luggage up three flights of stairs. The suite was nice and clean with a view of the marina.

Room Tip: Higher floors have no elevator access
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank beachman77
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Overall, the ammenities were good - we had a 2-bedroom condo w kitchen and small living room. We had to use the pull out, but it was comfortable for what we needed. Everything was clean and fresh and looked just like the pics rom the site. No elevator, so we had to carry our stuff up and down from the 3rd floor, but that was not a problem. The view from the corner suite was nice - good breeze because it was a corner balcony. The restaurant /bar on the property is out of business, but that was okay - we wanted a little quieter gig. Cab fare on the island is state mandated and is pricey, so we attempted to walk where we went on the island, but we were always picked up by some bus/taxi driver who took us where we wanted just for tip $$ - they are all interested in us having a good experience - it worked well. The pool on the property is a little small but is to scale for the size of the property, it was never crowded - 2 or 3 couples most ofthe time. Go into Nassua proper and buy groceries and booze & beer for the week - its cheaper that the convenience stores on the island. The staff met all our needs, answersed any questions we had. Overall, no complaints and had a great stay - We'd stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chasman54
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The pool and beach was excellent. Well maintain site. Very comfortable and relaxing. Transportation without a car can be a hassle. They have someone (Gary) that will take you around however we were only able to use him once our whole stay. He did not answer his phone from the front desk. I do not know why since we were told by him that he works for the resort.All in all it was enjoyable. Our two grand kids ,my daughter and her husband had a very nice vacation their.

Room Tip: Near pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I thought that this hotel was much better than I expected. There is a very nice, modern and clean kitchen adjoining a living room that makes for a large entry space. The room was large and the bed was excellent (exactly the same coverings as the Atlantis Coral Towers, maybe even the same mattress!). Indeed, the walls are paper-thin (I was in the first room on the ground floor next to the lobby); you can hear everything. However, either I got lucky, or this is primarily a quiet hotel. Had no problems. Not a party place, and the marina is quiet. Get a high room facing the marina.

The floors of this hotel are EXACTLY what I had envisioned (even the color!) as the perfect choice for a beach -place hotel. I don't understand how other hotels don't do this, but rather insist on carpeting. The Riu is the worst example of this- the carpets are stained with vomit (it's an all-inclusive semi-party hotel) all over fhe place, have mildew and a greasy blackish much on it from years of wet beachware abuse. Here the floors and furniture are less posh, but more functional- easy to wash, and pretty much waterproof. Not cold, either. Duh! So obvious. Wifi worked well, too.

Only con is that the Tv (though bigger than the one in the Atlantis) had mostly frozen channels. One or two worked, which was enough for me. Nice guy at the front desk. The lobby had a very strong and strange smell, but I guess it was just a bad choice of cleaning products (thankfully, the rooms smell quite nice). It is indeed far from everything, but walking around is part of the trip for me. No service at night, ordered a pizza from dominos.

• Stayed: July 2013
Bay View Suites Paradise Island
#14 of 14 in Paradise Island
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas
#9 of 14 in Paradise Island
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Paradise Harbour Club & Marina? Share your experiences!