This was the second time my husband and I stayed here in 2013(previously Feb and this Dec) as it is a choice for our timeshare points. The room itself is "fine", comfortable bed, generally clean. The first stay we had a suite, that only includes a microwave and small frig with some dishes. Second time we had two bedroom with full kitchen which allowed us to buy more food and cook. You will want to do this as the food in the Bahamas is ridiculously expensive and not anything special. Our feb. trip was pleasant other then when we got there they had failed to mention during booking that the entire pool/hot tub was under construction. They had set up privileges at another resort location, but that just wasn't the same. So this Dec. trip we were thankful to see the construction had paid off. The pool area is the saving grace to this resort. It's got beautiful landscaping and gives a great view of water. As many other reviews state, the actual hotel is sitting behind a restaurant that is out of business and sadly blocks the view for most of the rooms. This trip also ended up having several frustrations. Our rooms A/C just kept stopping, which I think is part of there "energy saver" system. Somebody would have to check it every few hrs to make sure it was still on and blowing, otherwise there was NO air movement in master bedroom. There is a separate a/c unit in second bedroom which was wonderful for my parents.
On our Feb. trip we quickly discovered it was a pain to get a taxi everyday or night to go down to the Atlantis marina, as it costs $7-16 each way(less than a mile-you can walk it, just gets old), so we just grabbed the resort bikes/locks and took a quick ride and it turned out to be quite fun. So this time we planned on the same.... guess what.. the bikes can't be used after 5pm anymore. That's how the experience in general felt at Paradise Harbour Club and Marina ... it was always something. Lastly, the front desk staff during first trip were pleasant and helpful setting up excursions; this time it was almost a joke how little they said to us. All and all, my husband and I may return to the Bahamas, but we won't be staying here. The honest truth is( as much as I don't want to admit it)... if your Going to go to Bahamas stay at Atlantis resort. That's where all good stuff is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its beautiful beaches and ideal location, Paradise Island was developed to include elegant hotels and fabulous resorts, making it a top resort destination throughout the world. This tropical island getaway has some of the most beautiful beaches in the Bahamas and is a perfect location for enjoying year-round outdoor recreation. A playground for vacationers from around the world, the island is famous for its easy going style and variety of amenities. The Paradise Harbour Club and Marina is a collection of king-size hotel rooms, full-size junior suites, and one-and two-bedroom apartments. It is a great choice for those who want the freedom of a private residence with the facilities of a large resort. With a marina, beaches and an enviable location, our Paradise Island resorts offer everything from watersports and relaxing on the beach to entertainment and gaming at the famous Atlantis Resort and Casino adjacent to our resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Harbour Club & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Harbour Club And Marina Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Harbour Club & Marina Bahamas/Paradise Island