We recently stayed for one week at the PHCM. The two bedroom condo was clean and comfortable, with plenty of room. The king size beds were a plus. The view from almost every room is obscured by the now-defunct Columbus Tavern. In fact, we were there during Hurricane Sandy and watched the roof of the Columbus Tavern come off piece by piece -- and some of the pieces were huge! The pool is nice and not crowded. The hot tub was scortching hot sometimes and too cold to sit in other times. They really need the pool guy to monitor the temperature and adjust as needed.
It was unfortunate that the PHCM did not inform us of the closing of the Columbus Tavern prior to our arrival -- it had closed a few weeks ahead of our trip. The nearest restaurant is now several blocks (maybe even a half mile) walk from the hotel. There is not a grocery store on Paradise Island so you have to pay for the shuttle or for cab fare to go into Nassau to buy extremely expensive groceries. A case of water was $32. A six pack of coke was $7. A gallon of cranberry juice was $12. A half gallon of ice cream was $15. A package of turkey lunchmeat was $8. You get the idea! Fortunately we took the advice of TripAdvisor postings and brought a carry-on suitcase full of food -- breakfast bars, boxes of cereal, poptarts, Oreos and Chips Ahoy, a jar of peanut butter and jelly, Crystal Light packets to mask the taste of the water, bagels, crackers, Pringles, etc. My husband laughed when he saw what I had packed but was singing my praises after a trip to the Nassau grocery store! The only thing that is cheap is the liquor --- the rum is cheaper than the mixers!
One thing we did really like was having the use of the bicycles! We could ride them to the beach, down to Atlantis, out to dinner at Anthony's or Johnny Rockets, and one day my husband and I rode across the bridge to walk around Nassau and shop at the duty-free store! (This is not for the unexperienced or faint-of-heart as you have to ride with the wild traffic and unyeilding drivers, so be careful!) The front-desk staff at the PHCM happily brought out more bicycles from the garage if all of the ones that were out were gone -- they have lots of them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its beautiful beaches and ideal location, Paradise Island was developed to include elegant hotels and fabulous resorts, making it a top resort destination throughout the world. This tropical island getaway has some of the most beautiful beaches in the Bahamas and is a perfect location for enjoying year-round outdoor recreation. A playground for vacationers from around the world, the island is famous for its easy going style and variety of amenities. The Paradise Harbour Club and Marina is a collection of king-size hotel rooms, full-size junior suites, and one-and two-bedroom apartments. It is a great choice for those who want the freedom of a private residence with the facilities of a large resort. With a marina, beaches and an enviable location, our Paradise Island resorts offer everything from watersports and relaxing on the beach to entertainment and gaming at the famous Atlantis Resort and Casino adjacent to our resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Paradise Harbour Club & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Harbour Club And Marina Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Harbour Club & Marina Bahamas/Paradise Island