1,238 results
All reviews edgewater grill cabbage beach man made beach balcony room one man band amber spa open table top shelf liquor inside bar ping pong beach volleyball poolside grill all inclusives make reservations nightly entertainment a la carte restaurants small resort
Selected filters
Reviewed May 21, 2019

We normally visit large AI properties so this was definitely a change of pace for us. While not perfect, I this resort did some things really well. Once we arrived, we upgraded to a balcony room. This gets you a sodas, chips, beer, and water restocked daily in addition to premium internet. In addition, our room came with a sofa - something not included in the regular room. For me, some of the staff members really made this resort enjoyable, by the end of the week, I felt like they were family.

There isn't much of a beach, some chairs set out on the sand to enjoy the water from the harbor. Finding a chair at the pool wasn't too hard, one day a guy working near the pool even found us an umbrella and brought it the area we were sitting. Of course they do offer two shuttles (10a and 11a) to Cabbage Beach, which is just a short walk away. Nice beach and excellent service. I will say that I think the people only line up early to sign-up because of this site. I arrived at about 7:45 and there were only about 6 people in front of me. By the time the sign-ups started, there was only one other person behind me.

The food was hit or miss. It wasn't always hot at the buffet – lukewarm at best. This is probably more of an issue with how they hold the food in the back. Vonyea was a sweetheart and always so helpful whenever I inquired about something that was empty. I will also note that the table service here was kinda non-existent. With the exception of water, you get your own drinks. They come take your plate but that’s about it. I tried the Snapper at the Edgewater Grill, it wasn’t my thing – it was prepared Bahamian style. The only complaints from the people in my party who had steaks was the excess fat and the fact they don’t have real steak knives. We were also told we could only order one entrée per person…we have never heard of this at an all-inclusive. The Honey Garlic Chicken and pineapple dessert at Tings on a Stick were amazing; otherwise the fried rice was dry and they used Ramen noodles for lo mein. They serve you family-style when your party is of a certain size. Kind of a good idea but can also be a waste if each person wants some different.
While this is a small resort, they do a great job with keeping you entertained - bikes and fishing rods to borrow, karaoke, game night, varied nightly live music (saxophonist, one man band, dj), and various table games.

Overall, if you enjoy smaller resorts (one building), this is a great place. Don’t go in expecting 5-star but I’d recommend this place with an explanation of what to expect.

1  Thank ssmoore
930bdavis, General Manager at Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear ssmoore,
Many thanks for taking the time to complete your comments and a review on your recent stay while visiting our resort.
We have noted your comments on our food and beverage, we have reviewed the culinary comments with our chef, our snapper is cooked en paupiette, which is a favourite at the restaurant. I apologize that you were not offered steak knives. We do allow guests a second entrée if they so wish, we do not have any restrictions. The Ramen noodles are served in a broth we only offer what is described on the menu. We will continue to be innovative and to provide outstanding cuisine and guest service.
We are pleased that you enjoyed the facilities and overall amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back to Paradise Island very soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2019

Just returned from a 2 weeks stay.We were really impressed with absolutely everything.Loved the Buffet which had an excellent selection along with the themed restaurants.The staff were so friendly and helpfull,special mention for Debbie(customer services) Naebi
and the team of gardeners who help keep the grounds immaculate,and the girls on the front desk.Our room was on the 11th floor which had a waterside view and a good view of the Atlantis.The room was well cleaned and had a nice cosy bed also a TV with many channels.There was always plenty of sunbeds,new parasols arrived during our first which made it easier to get much needed shade.Animation really put some effort into getting people involved with activities without being pushy.We did the swimming with pigs sharks stingray trip with the powerboat company for245 dollars,its a must whilst you visit,excellent value for money and fun day out.Also went to cabbage beach for a swim,ferry across to Nassau and a couple of visits to the Atlantis,amazing boats in the harbour.This was one of our best holidays and was topped off by Benjamin the manager allowing us to keep our room on until 18.00pm with a/I.Thanking you all at the Warwick for a fantastic stay,I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.Hope to see you again.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
930bdavis, General Manager at Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2019

Dear Greeny20,
It was a real pleasure to learn that your stay was memorable for all of the right reasons. Our facilities, amenities, accommodation and the activities we offer are of a high standard and we are happy that you thoroughly enjoyed what we had to offer.
Our team members are naturally a warm and friendly people. We are delighted to hear that they positively contributed to your visit. They will be commended for a job well done.
On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2019

Pros:
All you can eat/drink
Friendly staff
Nice accommodations
Good beach

Cons:
Very disorganized staff
Husband got food poisoning which put a damper on the vacation

After our wedding, me and my husband decided we wanted to relax on a beach and chose the Warwick, as it looked to be affordable and had good reviews.

We purchased their extra "honeymoon" package for $380 - this includes breakfast in your room, one night of flowers / champagne in the room, private dinner on the "beach", one way travel from the airport and a couples massage - which seemed like great value to me.

Upon arrival, the shuttle didn't have a record of us so there was a bit of confusion at the airport, but they were able to call the hotel and we were confirmed. We got the hotel and the rooms were clean and spacious - we were pretty happy with the accommodations (we paid an extra $400 to upgrade to a balcony room) and the front desk staff was pleasant. They let us know that we had to book our dinners in advance with the concierge, which was super easy to do.

The pool area and their tiny beach is beautiful. Their private beach that they shuttle you to is gorgeous and way less crowded than the Atlantis!

Service at all of the restuarants is fantastic - we had Jarvis a few nights that week and he was the best!!

Now for the cons:

We purchased our honeymoon package and it could not have been more confusing. No one knew what was going on, nothing was scheduled properly. Our private dinner was asked by the hotel staff to be moved as they had double booked us, but they were able to make it work for us which we appreciated. They couldn't figure out how to schedule our breakfast delivery and it was missed 3 days. It became more stressful to have booked this and plan it while on our vacation than what it was worse.

I will say the BIGGEST con of the whole vacation was that on our second day, my new husband got food poisoning and was basically out of commission the entire trip. He was feeling sick the entire time but tried to push through and have a good time, since it was our first trip as a newly married couple.

On the day of our checkout, I went to the front desk to ask if it was possible to extend it 2 hours since our flight wasn't until 5pm. They said it would be an additional $100 unless we wanted to use the "communal room" to change and use the restrooms. Since my husband had food poisoning and was living the bathroom, this was basically not an option. As many times as I expressed this, they wouldn't relent on the extra fee.

Overall, I had a good time laying by the pool and relaxing, but my husband was barely able to enjoy the vacation because he was ill the whole time.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
930bdavis, General Manager at Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good Afternoon Ava1269,

We appreciate you choosing our resort for such a special occasion.

It is unfortunate that you experienced such a high level of miscommunication on your vacation. Further to our investigation, however, it appears that the resort never received the pertinent documents relating to your honeymoon package; including, the private dinner and breakfast in bed forms. Due to this delay, we were unable to properly prepare for your arrival. This, also correlates directly to the “overbooking” of the private dinner.

It is our goal to ensure that all guests coming to the resort have a seamless experience. We appreciate your feedback as we continue to improve our wedding and honeymoon packages.

We are also very sorry to hear that your husband fell ill during your stay – this is most unfortunate and we do apologize for any inconvenience of discomfort. We are not sure what caused this illness.Our facilities, amenities, accommodation and the activities offered are of a high standard and we look forward to continue offering nothing but the best.
We thank you for bringing these items to our immediate attention and hope the this will not deter you from returning to our resort.

Reviewed May 20, 2019

The pictures they have posted do not tell the whole story. This hotel is located on the bay side of the island. The hotel, pool and man-made beach over look a rusty boat yard. The man-made beach barely fits 10-15 lounge chairs and you are dipping your feet in the stagnant bay water.

To goto the beach on the other side of the island you have to sign up for a beach excursion, they make two trips to the beach a day at 10:00 and 11:00 am, max 18 people each trip. We got up at 8:00 am as we were told and signed up for the beach excursion. At 10:00am went down to the lobby and waited there for 40 minutes while the staff decided if they were going to cancel the excursion because it was windy and there was an undertow. They cancelled the trip and proceeded to let 20 of their guest walk 15 minutes to the beach...despite the drama in the morning, we had a great day on the beach. FYI it is a public beach, but not overly crowded.

The hotel itself was clean, but very generic. Some of the staff were very friendly, others (like the manager Kristopher) need to work on their communication skills. Overall I would not recommend the Warwick, unless you are willing to put up with the hassle of just getting to the beach.

2  Thank Sharon C

Dear Sharon C
Thank you for your comments, we truly appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to ensure that we receive the constructive remarks on our performance. We have noted your comments on the beach excursion. We pay particular attention to the safety of all our guests, this particular day we did make a last minute decision not to go to the beach due to the heavy sea surge and turbulent in the ocean. Once we take you to the beach it is with the expectation of allowing our guests to swim, this would not have been responsible by the resort due to the rough seas.
The location where we set up had sea surge, this could have washed away all of our chairs. We do apologize for the inconvenience but we take our safety measures seriously to protect the well being of all of our guests.
Our shuttle operates daily to the beach from 10am to 3.30pm.

Reviewed May 19, 2019

Well, where to begin? My husband and I booked our trip to the Bahamas through WeNewitt Travel Services, LLC, and EVERYTHING was fabulous from start to finish. Working with Kimberly from WeNewitt Travel was excellent; she provided my husband and me with superb customer service. We appreciate you, Kimberly, and look forward to working with you again! : )

Our flight to the Bahamas was smooth, and, once we arrived, we were greeted by a very pleasant young man (I apologize; I do not remember his name) who escorted us to our ground transportation driver to the Warwick. Our driver was very friendly, and gave us a brief tour of Nassau and its history as she drove.

When we arrived, we were pleasantly greeted by the front desk staff, and given a refreshing drink by the bellman. Our room was perfect: clean, comfortable bed, and a fabulous view of the harbor.

On Saturday, our second day, we made dinner reservations for Abiocco and the Edgewater Cafe. The meals at each restaurant were delicious, especially those potatoes at the Edgewater Cafe! : ) Later, we took a bus tour entitled, "The Best of the Bahamas" that was led by Mr. Leslie. He was friendly, knowledgeable, funny, and very patient with my husband and me, as we were constantly bringing up the rear at each stop, taking pictures and admiring the beautiful flora of the island.

While taking an after-dinner stroll on the island, a beautiful stroke of serendipity greeted us as we happened upon an ornately costumed dance troupe that led a "Welcome to the Bahamas" parade along a pathway near the Atlantis. My husband and I danced with the troupe, and had an absolute blast!!!

The meals at the Warwick were excellent, and my husband and I enjoyed burning off post-meal calories by playing table and outdoor tennis at the resort.

To summarize, our trip was fantastic. Shouts out to Jamell, Vicky, the concierge ladies, the bellmen, the security staff, Linden, Mr. Leslie, the gentleman who escorted us during the nature hike (I apologize; I don't remember his name) and the ground transportation staff for providing excellent customer service, and making our stay at the Warwick very memorable. Thanks again!!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
930bdavis, General Manager at Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2019

Dear Chocolate lady,
We appreciate you sharing your review and comments on your visit to the Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas. We are pleased that you enjoyed your first trip to the Bahamas
Our team members are naturally a warm and friendly people. Thank you for recognizing associates from the Activities, and Rooms Division departments We are delighted to hear that they positively contributed to your visit. They will be commended for a job well done.
On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.