My boyfriend and I stayed here 10/16-10/23 and it was a timeshare exchange. First of all, we loved Paradise Island; however, Atlantis has it all locked up and there are few resorts that aren't part of Atlantis, which is very expensive. Sunrise Beach Villas was perfectly adequate. It was a great location - 5 minute walk from Atlantis on the street and some villas were on the beach (not ours). I liked the setup a lot - LR, DR, 1/2 bath and kitchen downstairs, and a spiral staircase leading to a large bedroom and full bath upstairs. The only reservation I had is that it would use updating. The carpet was worn a bit and the appliances were old. However, it seemed that there were new tile floors. The staff there were very friendly, however, and helpful. The woman at the desk can make all your reservations for you, etc.
As for dinners, we stayed away from Atlantis restaurants because they were so outrageous so we went into Nassau a lot (mostly walking). Highly recommend Luciano's and also Montagu Gardens (taxi there). Also liked Cafe Matisse. Then we went to Anthony's and Columbus Tavern, the only 2 restaurants in Paradise Island not associated with Atlantis and they were both good. Anthony's is great for breakfast; however, we discovered the best breakfast (and the best deal) in town was Viola's right at the resort!
A must-see is Versailles Gardens inside The One&Only Ocean Club right near Atlantis. It's beautiful!! And it's also free. You can get there from the street too.
We would go back again and we heard they're always doing renovations too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet beach front hotel and villas to suit all budgets. One bedroom hotel units with efficiency kitchens and private bedroom, up to 5 bedroom 4,000 sq. ft. luxury villas. Viola's Bar and Cafe is within steps of both pools, with Archie's On The Beach to serve refreshments beachside. A 5 minute walk to the Atlantis Casino complex, world class and Bahamian style shopping, and multitudes of restaurants. Historic downtown Nassau 1.5 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Beach Clubs And Villas Hotel Paradise Island
- Sunrise Beach Hotel
- Sunrise Beach Resort
- Sunrise Beach Clubs And Villas Bahamas/Paradise Island