We rented privately with John Fitzsimmons, who was extremely informative and accommodating.
We stayed in unit 12, and it was a great location as it was an end unit with a beautiful patio, and a lovely view. It is an extremely quiet resort, and a great location for everything, such as shopping, casino, marina village, dining, all within walking distance. The beach is the best, with no overcrowding, and if you want seadoo rentals, they are half price after 4 in the afternoon.
About $35.00 plus a tip for 30 minutes, which my daughter and I did, and it was fantastic.
The beach is clean, with warm calm water, and not the overcrowding of the beach area by Riu and Atlantis. You can have a massage or drink on the beach by local vendors if you want.
Violas was okay, I loved my breakfast but my husband found the bacon portions skimpy 2 small pieces, and the drinks are expensive at $9.00 each, so have so liquor in you unit and make your own. Be prepared to spend about double on groceries, but it is still cheaper to cook yourself than going out every night to overrated restaurants. Example Lays potato chips $4.95 a bag American. The ferry to downtown in within walking distance also, and it a fun narrated trip for $4.00 per person. Cabs are expensive but readily available, and try a set a price before you get in as they do vary between cab drivers. The bus service is great in downtown Nassau and $1.25 each, with lots of them going all over Nassau. The cab drivers will also wait for you if you want to shop if arranged before with the charge being set before you go. Also, have patience as you are on Bahamian time which is very slow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet beach front hotel and villas to suit all budgets. One bedroom hotel units with efficiency kitchens and private bedroom, up to 5 bedroom 4,000 sq. ft. luxury villas. Viola's Bar and Cafe is within steps of both pools, with Archie's On The Beach to serve refreshments beachside. A 5 minute walk to the Atlantis Casino complex, world class and Bahamian style shopping, and multitudes of restaurants. Historic downtown Nassau 1.5 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Beach Clubs And Villas Hotel Paradise Island
- Sunrise Beach Hotel
- Sunrise Beach Resort
- Sunrise Beach Clubs And Villas Bahamas/Paradise Island