2,877 results
All reviews free breakfast free access to atlantis the breakfast area pink card hard boiled eggs east wing hospitality room atlantis property donuts marina village corned beef hash yogurt atlantis facilities swim up bar atlantis water park save money per person
Reviewed August 18, 2006

We got to the hotel about 12:30, and as previous reviewers have stated, they are very strict about their 3pm check in time. We got some lunch and went to Atlantis (with the card CS gives you), but after an hour of walking around, we were tired and wanted to go to the room. We did get in a half hour early, but only after someone else made a pretty big deal about it. The room was nice and spacious, but it smelled a little when you first walked in. Our room was located right next to the vending machines, the pool, and the door that most people went out to get to Atlantis. So although it was pretty convenient for us to come and go to the beach, we had some issues hearing everybody else come and go to the beach past our room. We also had issues with the staff making excessive noise in the morning (we like to sleep in).
Talking about noise, the construction outside our room started at 7am with the airhorn, letting workers know that it was time to start their day. On one morning, we had some heavy machinery working very close to our patio door.
While noise disturbed our mornings, the luxury of having full access to Atlantis' amenitites made our stay in Nassau enjoyable and relaxing. Our recommendation is to stay at comfort suites, but to make sure that you call ahead and request a room away from the construction and noise. Please remember as you walk the halls to be courteous to others.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
13  Thank gromit407
Reviewed August 15, 2006

We visited the week of August 6-12. Two of us plus our 2 1/2 year old son. There was a lot to like, but it was mostly the Atlantis.

The room was OK, about what you would expect, overall. We encountered the following (mostly minor) problems, but they do add up a bit . . .
1. Check-in was a bit of a pain. When they say check-in is at 3:00, they mean it. Lots of people milling around the lobby waiting for 3:00 so they can actually get to their rooms. Then a big line when the clock strikes 3.
2. We had bugs. Not tons of them, but we saw at least 1-2 every day. Not a huge deal for us, but I know that it is for a lot of people. Just from experience, if you want to avoid bugs in the carribean, get a room above the ground floor (2nd floor is the ground floor here, which is where we stayed).
3. The icemaker on our hall never worked. we had to go up to the 3rd floor to get ice. Plus, the vending machines were only about half-full (not that we would have used them, but maybe this is a big deal for smeone out there, and it did add to the overall impression of average-ness associated with this place).
4. We came back to the room every day for my son's nap at about 1:00. On one of the days, our room hadn't had housekeeping yet. No problem, really. When we left a little before 4:00 I noticed they were still cleaning on the 3rd floor (since I wanted some ice for our water bottle before we left). So I hoped they would get back. They didn't. Still, no problem, I wasn't really expecting it, I was just hoping. The problem was the next day. In the morning I went to the front desk to ask if they could get us done before noon and If I could have the $8 housekeeping charge deducted from my bill for the previous day. What a hassle! You would think I was asking for a refund on the room! I was immediately told that there was no fixed schedule for housecleaning and that by being in my room when they came to clean my room I had "declined" housekeeping for that day. When I didn't accept that answer, I was taken to the manager. It's like I was buying a car or something. Eventually, I got taken care of, but I did (and still do) resent the fact that they made me work so hard for a fairly simple request. I am not a complainer, and I hate that they made me be one!!! And then at checkout, I noticed that they didn't actually take off the housekeeping charge. They didn't give me a hard time when I pointed it out, but still . . .
5. One one of the days, we lost our power several times. The alarm clock was blinking 12:00 when we came back to our room in the afternoon, and while our son was taking his nap, it must have gone on and off at least 3 tmore times. I think it was due to the construction (which we could hear, but it didn't really bother us overall).
6. I just read the previous review complaining about bedbugs. IMy son did get a bit of am odd rash at the end of the week. I can't say that that's what it was, but I have to wonder now . . .

All that said, the room really was OK overall, and a heck of a lot cheaper than it would have been at the Atlantis. The distance is not that much farther (although I have to admit, with a 2 year-old, that extra distance seemed a lot farther that it would have otherwise).

Some more observations about the Atlantis, etc:
1. Make sure you go see all the fish! They are all over the place, they are awesome, and they are all different It's not just the Dig. Cross the rope bridge and look down at the full-grown hammerhead sharks. Wow! We didn't even realize until we got home that we missed the lagoon with sea turtles :(
2. The week we were there the beach was unusable for most of the week due to jellyfish. The signs on the beach indicated that it was "jellyfish season," and they weren't kidding. I'm not sure when jellyfish season runs, but if you want to swim in the ocean, you might want to do some research so you can avoid it.
3. The pools are great. If you have kids, make sure you go over to the far side to check out the kids' pool over there. It's really on the edge of the resort, so you might miss it if you're not looking for it. It's got a huge water playground apparatus. Great fun!
4. Yes, everything is expensive. Just be prepared for it and don't fret over it. Eat breakfast at the hotel (it's not great, but it is free). I found that I preferred to go ahead and get the expensive meal. If you're going to spend too much anyway, go ahead and spend $38 for a good steak or a piece of fish, rather than $25 for a plate of penne pasta. We liked Anthony's (the food was pretty good, the entertainment was bad, but our son loved it anyway). The Italian place in Hurricane Hole was pretty good too.
5. Atlantis is a great place if you have kids, especially if they're a little bit older. But I wouldn't go there if you're looking for peace and quiet or a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
18  Thank Steve888
Reviewed August 7, 2006

We just got back from a 7 night stay at the Comfort Suites. We had been to Atlantis before and were familiar with the location of the Comfort Suites. We also knew that the hotel offered the use of Atlantis amenities to its guests. Thinking that this would be an economical alternative to Atlantis, we decided to try it out. Although our stay there was reasonably satisfying, (The rooms were spacious. The complimentary breakfast was convenient. The Atlantis amenities were fabulous, as always.) when we got back we noticed the development of literally hundreds of insect bites on all of us. These were diagnosed as bedbug bites. (Apparently, they often times show up only days after the initial bites) To give further credence to this review, I want you to know that I am a physician, myself. I have two young children, ages 5 and 8. It is completely miserable watching them go through this. Furthermore, all of our luggage is still sitting in the garage, for fear of bringing any of these bugs into our own house. Although bedbug bites are largely considered a simple annoyance, I will tell you that being bitten hundreds of times transcends an annoyance. Furthermore, my kids are scratching their bites, and I am concerned that they will become secondarily infected. I consider this hotel a health hazard and would never stay there again.

29  Thank familytraveler1
Reviewed August 2, 2006

Before the trip, i was obviously nervous about the hotel. I was torn between booking at atlantis and comfort suites...in the end, after reading the reviews, i decided to book at the comfort suites expecting nothing. when we got to the hotel, hotel staff was warm and friendly and check-in happened without any problems. We got the room on the East Wing which was newly built/renovated, and i would recommend travelers to go for that. our room was very nice, better than what i expected. obviously, one big advantage was that you get to use all atlantis facilities...and we did just that. we never used comfort suites pool. other thing was its complimentary breakfast which was very good...i had read some reviews complaining about it...but it is not. also, the walk from CS to atlantis is no more than 10 mins. one disappointing thing was that the water in comfort suites smelled...but i found out that this was the problem at atlantis too. and that s why bottled water is a big hit all over the island! overall, we had great fun at CS and Paradise island...and i wanted to thank all the travelers who wrote their own reviews about the hotel and the island itself. That helped us a lot!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
17  Thank Saumin
Reviewed July 31, 2006

July 23-28, 2006 2 adults 1 child (10). Presented front desk with choice awards number and do not think they even recorded it, did not receive anything for having it. Arrived at 1:30 and had to wait until 3:00 to check in, this was not a problem as we went and ate lunch by the pool and checked out the Alantis. I asked if we could have a newer room but was told there were none available. So had an older room. Also asked for room on top floor and they gave us one on 3rd Floor which is the top floor. Also asked for one away from construction and was given one facing Atlantis and somewhat away from consturction. We are early risers and construction noise really did not bother us that much.

When I first entered the room I checked everything out and room was clean, took me time to like the orange walls. The room was jusk okay, worn out on baseboards and such, but was kept clean everyday.

The good: Close to Atantis and used the facilites alot. Breakfast was included and we found enough to eat.

The not so good. On our last night we noticed a smell under the blankets on the King bed and determined it was old urine smell, it was not good. We flipped the mattress and re-arranged the sheets on our last night so the smell was not present, but it was not nice at all. We did not report it as it was our last night, if it was detected earlier in our stay we would have asked to change rooms. So please check the smell of the mattress and sheets before you keep the room.

.Breakfast - was okay they just need to add peanut butter so there is some protein otherwise no protein what so ever. Fruit was always watermelon, I do not like watermelson so no fruit for me. They need to add PB and other fruit options and breakfast would be good.

The pool area was nice and we did not use the pool as we were at the beach and slides most days. The pool did not look very clean, very murky and not clear. We have a pool at home and we keep ours clean.

Overall this hotel is rated 3 stars and unless they make some changes to the old worn out rooms and cliean up the pool and add some more items to the breakfast they do not deserve a higher rating. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and cannot understand how anyone can give this hotel more than 3 stars.

Main floor smelled smoky and dark and dingy.

Do get me wrong we had a great vacation and the hotel was good for just sleeping in as we did, we were out all the time.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family