2,857 results
All reviewsfree breakfastfree access to atlantisthe breakfast areapink cardhard boiled eggseast winghospitality roomatlantis propertydonutsmarina villagecorned beef hashyogurtatlantis facilitiesswim up baratlantis water parksave moneyper person
Reviewed July 10, 2009

I was so glad I booked this hotel instead of the The Atlantis Beach Towers because I saved over $400! Even more if you take into account the money I saved having free breakfast every morning. When we arrived on our early afternoon flight we hopped into a cab at the airport. We asked the driver to stop at the grocery store for bottle water, and Gatorade then to the liquor store for beer for my hubby. I had packed a big bag full of snacks from home which is a good idea when traveling with kids. We arrived at the hotel hours before check in but, the lovely front desk clerk gave us a room right away. Going down the hallway to our room, the very friendly maid staff greeted my family and I with huge smiles and a friendly welcome. We stayed in room 211 and when we enter our room it was super clean and to my husbands delight the AC was ice cold. In fact, I enjoyed it because I am 7 months pregnant. We stayed in room with a king bed and my two girls ages 7 and 10 stayed on the pull out couch, and fit just fine. I also loved the fact that the fridge in the room was empty (not a mini bar) so we could store our own drinks. You can also pack your own cooler or insulated bag (like I did) to the Atlantis(nobody says anything). The doorway at the end of our hall left us right out in the driveway to the Atlantis Coral Towers and the side door to the casino. It is even a closer walk than I had imagined it would be. Everything is so close by it was great! We ate at Anthony's grill for lunch the first day and then headed straight to the Atlantis pools/ Aquadventure. We were treated just like at Atlantis guest with no restrictions at all! We were given a pink card at check in that you show at the towel hut each day for your pool bands and towels. The girls had a blast at the pool and my husband and I especially loved the frozen drinks by the pool they made mine non-alcoholic. The first night my husband passed out early so me and the girls went to Johnny Rockets at the Marina Village right across the street. The service and food was great! The Marina Village also has a Starbucks, Ben and Jerry's, and other fine Restaurants. Overall the hotel was very quiet at night, I felt very safe at all times. Two of the nights we put the girls at the Atlantis Kids Club night escape. It was $60 a kid for 6-10 PM a little pricey when you have more than one kid but the girls loved it and begged to go back. Plus, it gave my husband and I free time for a quiet dinner and casino time. We also took the kids to the Atlantis Speedway and The Pottery Place during our stay. They also have a store similar to Build-a-bear called Atlantis Pals located in the Beach tower which is also where Club Rush and the Arcade is. Grab a scheduled at any guest info center in Atlantis so you can check out the free movie times and the days events. As far as eating, a great place to eat is the Market Place buffet for dinner (my kids loved this place) the cost is $56 for adults and $16.00 for kids. A little pricey, but if you consider the tip is included as well as non-alcoholic drinks it end ups being cheaper than a lot of the other restaurants around. The food is great and the dessert bar is endless! If you really want to save $ order a pizza at the Marina Pizza Place one night for dinner. The pizza is good. Also, eating by the walk up eatery by pool at Atlantis is a good deal they have value meal for $8.00 and they come with fries and a drink and cookie for the kids. The walk up stand by Ben and Jerry's has tables avoid the open stand right next to the pool it has a lot of flies because they cookout in the open. If at any point you need to use the computer during your trip you may use it for 15 minutes a day for free at the Atlantis Library at the Beach Tower (check the schedule for times) or they have a business center it the Coral Towers that charges. Overall we had a great stay at the Comfort Suites and the kids had a blast! They are already begging to go back.

6  Thank magicstylo
Reviewed July 9, 2009

This is our second stay at the Comfort Suites in Paradise Island and with the easy and free access to Atlantis, it's the way to go. The rooms are typical 2 1/2 stars with normal wear and tear for a beach location, but certainly clean, well air conditioned and comfortable. Our sons loved the Aquaventure at Atlantis, and stayed wet from 10 am until they closed at 7 pm. We found that setting "home base" right near the Hospitality Center at Atlantis was great, as most of the water slides ended up near there, so the kids could check in once in awhile. The downside of Atlantis was that when the cruise ship passengers converged on the slides, it could get very crowded. The Current lazy river ride could become bumper boats - we found it to be delightful first thing when it opened and then between 5 and 7 pm.

Don't forget to take time to enjoy all of the aquariums, like the Dig and the Predator Tunnel.

Overall, a great vacation spot for tweens & teens and with so much to do, you're hardly in your room anyway.

4  Thank boysmomVa
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Stayed at the Comfort Suites from June 14th thru 20th with the main objective of course to save money and enjoy the Atlantis and that is just what we did! Like others have said the Comfort Suites literally shares the same driveway as the Atlantis and is just a five minute walk or less from the hotel. We requested a room close to the hotel and our requested was honored. We stayed in room 217 and found it to be clean, and cool when we arrived. We enjoyed the continental breakfast which again saved us a ton of money. We didn't go expecting eggs and bacon. We did enjoy the the cereals, bagels and fruit and on many occasions took an extra apple or pear with us to the Atlantis for a late breakfast/lunch snack. The continental breakfast also included juices, coffee, milk and waffles. The staff was friendly. We honestly never used the pool because we were always at the Atalantis. I mean isn't that the main objective to staying on Paradise Island or at least one of the biggest draws anyway? We would leave the hotel in the morning and spend the whole day till dusk at the Atlantis where we were treated just like we were one of their guests. Just keep hold of your pink card and you are golden. We at lunch by the pool (not going to lie $$$) A cheeseburger is $9.00 and thats all you get, cheese and a burger. But very large and very good. The Atlantis is something everyone should see it is absolutely incredible!!! The waterslides are not to be believed the pools and grounds are absolutely gorgeous the beach is pristine and the water is turquouise blue, warm and calm for miles on end. With the money we saved we did an awesome Robinson Crusoe Exursion which I would highly recommend, and we swam with the dolphins at dolphin cay, not to mention dozens of other things. I would recommend Comfort Suites if you want to save money, and see the Atlantis you can't go wrong. The rooms are nice, clean and conveniently located to one of the most amazing resorts you will ever experience.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank luvthebeach16Chicago
Reviewed June 28, 2009

We stayed at the comfort suites due to needing 2 rooms to accomodate 6 people. We had adjoining rooms that were on the top floor, only problems we encountered were a wobbly/noisy ceiling fan and a broken pull out bed. Breakfast was totally continental, I will not have any more bagels for a long time, but with 4 kids it served its purpose and saved us some $$. It is close enough to the Atlantis property, although Atlantis is HUGE and we definitiely got our exercise walking throughout the park each day. Food was ridiculously expensive-$7 slice of pizza, $4 soda, $16.00 turkey sandwich, but portions were large and very good. There is a small store accross the street (next to Anthony's grill) that sells soda for $1.00 a can, we brought bottled water and refilled it every morning at breakfast. Went to "fish fry" for conch salad, but conch man was out....so no conch for us. Overall fun experience, just bring snacks with you for the kids, even PBJ and bread was great-the kids were too tired to go out to eat after a full day of adventure at Atlantis. Free movies every night. Family comedy show was great, $15 per person.

1  Thank toothsleuth
Reviewed June 27, 2009

My daughter who is twelve and myself stayed at Comfort Suites from June 14th to June 20th and we had a great stay. I choose this resort to save money so that we could enjoy and splurge on food. Anyway check -in went smoothly and the hotel staff was very nice. The room was very comfortable including the beds and the room was very clean!! Do not listen to bad reviews this resort is very clean. The location to Atlantis is great it is in the driveway of the Coral Towers and once you get your Atlantis pass you are treated like an Atlantis guest; they make no distinctions between Comfort Suite guests and Atlantis guests, so enjoy!!!! The money you save staying here you can use to eat at some of the better restaurants like Mesa Grill, Seafire Steakhouse, Nobu, Mosaic Buffet, etd...

4  Thank nycgirl_9