Just returned from a June 24-29 stay at the CS. We were very glad that we had read the earlier reviews contained on the site - it helped to set our expectations and prepare for the positives and negatives.
- great proximity to Atlantis - the reports of excessive walking due to staying across the street are inaccurate.
- our room (in the 5th floor of the East Wing) was clean and a good size.
- excellent value for the room especially in light of the Atlantis rates.
- friendly, although not extremely helpful staff.
- access to continental breakfast was somewhat positive, although the food selection resembled a bread convention.
- we really did have a water outage; there was no water from both the sink and shower on two occasions during our 5 night stay.
- our AC did not get below 77; despite several complaints this was not addressed by the hotel staff.
- if you get a room in the older wing or on the second floor of the hotel you may have a noisy and/or musty room. By all means, request the East wing while making reservations and follow up prior to arrival.
Tips about the area:
- we found one good Italian restaurant (Zio GiGi's in the Hurricane Hole shopping area 5 minutes away from the hotel). In the same area was a good deli (News Deli?) that had good fruit and sandwiches.
- Anthony's Caribbean restaurant across from the hotel was a major disappointment. Slow and indifferent service and poor food.
- day trip snorkeling trip was very good although due to high demand we were limited on our selection of tours/ times. Book ahead!
- Atlantis was a great experience for our family - the Dig, the water slides, snorkeling were great. If you eat lunch on site, eat early as food seems to run out. Make sure that you wear pool shoes/ sandals as the decks/walkways get very hot.
- leave plenty of time for departure from the airport. The traffic is unpredictable and the procedures at the airport are time consuming.
Overall: The Comfort Suites is a good choice provided you get a room in the right area.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Suites Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Paradise Island Hotel Paradise Island
- Comfort Suites Bahamas
- Paradise Island Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Atlantis
- Comfort Suites Nassau
- Comfort Suites Paradise Island Bahamas