Comfort Suites Paradise Island
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Bay View Suites Paradise Island(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$140
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$221
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
The Royal at Atlantis, Autograph Collection(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$1,199
  • Beachfront
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$381
$529
Travelocity
$1,660
$734
$426
  • Beachfront
The Coral at Atlantis, Autograph Collection(Paradise Island)(Great Value!)
$373
$1,526
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
2,766 results
All reviewsfree breakfastfree access to atlantisthe breakfast areapink cardhard boiled eggshospitality roomatlantis propertydonutscorned beef hashmarina villageyogurtwest wingatlantis facilitiesswim up baratlantis water parksave moneyper person
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2004

I am also going to post a review along w/ my cousin from GA..(Hey tat) because I have to let everyone know what a great experience we had at the Comfort Suites! My two cousins and I had a great time and enjoyed every minute of our stay. After returning last week I must say that I am very impressed w/ the friendly staff and spacious and clean rooms. We stayed in the newer section (near the dining room) and had no problems. The FULL ACCESS to the Atlantis was great and the complimentary breakfast really helped us save $$$. We enjoyed all that the Atlantis had to offer without hurting our bank accounts, so if you are thinking about visiting Paradise Island, stay at the Comfort Suites. You won't regret it!!! =)

• Stayed: June 2004
Atlanta,GA
Reviewed June 8, 2004

I am 22 yrs old and my two cousins and I stayed at the Comfort Suites 1st week of June. We had an amazing time. I would definitly tell anyone looking for a resort to STAY HERE!! You can't get any better than this deal, the rooms are bigger than the tiny Atlantis rooms, the staff is friendly, it's next door to a little shopping center (souvenirs, 2 restaurants), you have FULL ACCESS to the ATLANTIS!!, and FREE breakfast. I mean its practically like you are staying at the Atlantis but paying 1/2 the price. you get to enjoy all their amenities yet come home to you cozy room away from the millions of people at the atlantis and just relax and get away from it all. I talked to alot of people that were staying at the Atlantis and they all said if they would have known about CS and its full access to the Atlantis they would have saved some $$ on their tiny noisy rooms so they could spend it at the casino! If you're looking for a club also hit up the Waterloo....it's awesome.. ask for Maxwell at the bar or the manager Kevin (hottie) tell them Tatiana says hello!!!! email me with any questions....we just got back..airball100@aol.com

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Gainesville, VA
Reviewed June 7, 2004

I read all the reviews before I went on my vacation to Paradise Island (5/29-6/3). It was my first trip to the Bahamas and I, personally thought the Comfort Suites was fine.

The first night we stayed in the older section and yes, it smells like cigarette smoke. But we asked for a new room and the new section and they promptly called us the next morning and let us switch. Do the same. The new section is so much better--even if it's on the other side.

The safe is $2.50, but they will give it to you for $10 a week if you are staying longer. The continental breakfast was great, although my the 6th day, we broke down and went to the Atlantis' Sea Grapes. They had a great breakfast buffet for $20 a person.

I liked having access to the Atlantis. And if was not far at all. People that are complaining it is 5 minutes away need to get in shape. It was seriously across the street--just make sure you look the right way when crossing. My boyfriend almost got hit by a car.

We had no problem finding chairs at the Atlantis. We went once in the morning and once in the afternoon (2:30) and it was rather easy to find chairs...so don't worry.

The guys that offer jet skis, parasailing...make sure you negotiate. The lowest I got them down to was $45 for 30 minutes. Originally, the wanted $60. If you just talk with them for 5 minutes...they'll work with you.

Straw Market is okay. Here, you really need to work on negotiating. My sister got a $45 outfit for $25. I got a $25 scarf for $12. Don't give up.

The sodas are EXPENSIVE. Try $2-3 for one can. However, if you walk out of the hotel to the shopping center across the street where Anthony's Carribean Grill is--don't eat there, the food is way overpriced and not great--there is a police station with two soda machines on the side. The cans are still 50 cents. We stalked up. Have change though.

The island is very religious so almost everything is closed on Sunday. Make plans on Saturday for snorkeling that day. We didn't know and had nothing to do.

BRING A GALLON OF OFF SPRAY (BUG SPRAY). We got eaten alive. The sand fleas are microscopic and will annoy the hell out of you. We each had over 100 bites. Even if you are nowhere near the beach and just walking by restaurants, they will get you.

Don't do the Majestic Dinner Cruise. The food was okay, but the boat moved so slow it was annoying. It was over 3 hours and we never went far away...you could always see the Atlantis. At $50, it was overpriced.

The best snorkeling deal I found was the Robinson Crusoe. It is from 10-4 and $45 a person. It included lunch and free lemonade and wine all day. The snorkeling was awesome. Although the ride back was so slow, it made me wonder why we left so early.

Last thing, I met a lady there from NYC who was staying at the Atlantis and paid $3000 for 3 people for 3 days incl air fare. She said the rooms are tiny and the best part isn't the room, but the park. So I'm glad I chose the Comfort Suite. We saved almost $400 and used it for food.

FYI. We paid $850 a person off of Expedia (for 6 days and airfare). I did a ton of research and they had the best rates by far.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Canaan, Connecticut
Reviewed June 4, 2004

We stayed at teh CS from May 27th through June 1st and it was absolutely wondeful- everything we wanted out of the place!
The rooms- we sayed in the new wing and it was nice- no frills. When you walk in their is immediatly a bathroom sink, further into the room is 2 medium size beds and then a sitting area, or you may request a room with one bed. We had adjoining rooms. The bathroom itself is small, quite dark- but not a big problem. The view is of the car park and road, doesnt bring in that much light.
The check in/out- When we checked in it was only noon so we were lucky to get one room avaiiable as check in is at 3. The lady's behind the counter are to the point, dont start a conversation. Check out- we had to check out by 11am but our plane didnt leave till 6 pm so we went to the Atlantis then came back and showered at the Hospitality Suite. Just a dark, smelly old room with run down sofa's and a bathroom.
The Atlantis- its amazing- utterly amazing! From the CS- you walk accross teh road and into the Coral Tower shopping area. From there we walked through the Casino and teh Royal Towers lobby to get to the Mayan Temple pool area.
The resteraunts-
Anthony's Bar and Grill- its ok- not the best, price is somewhat the same to places in Atlantis
Murrays Delicatessen- brilliant for kids and adult, we ate there 5 times ( 3 dinner, 2 breakfast) The prices are ok- not expensive- not cheap. Nice location to- by the marina where the million upon millions of dollars boats are.
Cafe at the Great Hall of Waters- not the best- really fancy so not very good for kids. If you want to go book immediatly upon arrival- we booked late and got a reservation for 9:45 at night!!
** may dress up any night, wether going to a casual place or somewhere fancy**
THE STAFF- I dont know what anyone is complaining about! the staff was great! Really friendly and love a tip! One man at Murray's gave us a beer on him! However, strict about kids in Casino- they are allowed to walk through there but arent allowed to stop and watch.'
SLIDES AND POOLS- they are great! there is always a long line for the Serpent slide, so be ready to line up! The leap of faith is very fun, scary as it feels like you are coming of the slide! We only went to the Mayan pool area- wich was crowded so we had to reserve seats early in the morning- best place as it is a great pool and located near the beach...
THE BEACH- VERY CLEAR WATERS!!!! fish also swim in the waters around your feet- wich is nice if you enjoy their company! There is also parasailing, banana boating, jet skis- all for a price. Annoying ladys yell out to you if you pass them about braiding and teeshirts, vendors on the beach also get to be annoying.
So there it is- this place is amazing, beautiful and so unbelievebly fun for the entire family- the price doesnt matter! Have fun on your visit!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 31, 2004

We just got back from Paradise Island and stayed at the Comfort Suites. We paid $175/nt for a 2 star hotel and some people there paid over $200! I really wish now that we had stayed at the Atlantis! We stayed in the (true it was smelly) older section of the hotel, because it was closer to the walkway to Atlantis. Although it was only a 5 minute walk to the casino, it took about 15 minutes to walk to the Royal Towers pool and waterslides, and 20 to the beach and lagoon (which are the best locations). Of course, I had to schlep there and back at 8 am to get towels and put them on chairs since the Atlantis totally runs out of both by 11 am!
The free breakfast at the CS was a plus, and the bartenders were friendly, and the rooms were large, although they are by no means a suite, just a room with a sitting area. We had to pay $2/day for a room safe and they wouldn't check us in at 2:50, they made us sit down and wait till 3 pm.
I won't stay there again. If you stay at the Atlantis during off season, it's not that much more money.