“Good choice”

Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Better room than I would have gotten at the Atlantis Beach Towers for a lot less money. So I had to walk a block to Atlantis to use their facilities which were included in the Comfort price. Gave me a chance to walk off all the food I was eating. This is your basic Comfort Suites so got what I expected. A clean room, towels and bath amenities. The room was a mini-suite with a desk and sofa.

The included breakfast was typical with waffles, pancakes, eggs,cereal, fruit, muffins, juice, etc. There was only one toaster oven so everyone was standing around waiting for their item to come out. When it did they sent it back a second time creating a people jam. Other than that they kept things well supplied.

Maid service was good, front desk was pleasant and friendly. Pool was small but did not go there to swim. There are the ridiculous add-on charges (energy and such) but don't blame the hotel, that is Paradise Island. Check in was slow but they do have a place to store luggage so you can go out and about. If I were dumb enough to go back to Paradise Island would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: The West wing is quieter because it is away from the pool and bar area. However it is a longer walk...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
comfortsuitespi, General Manager at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island.
We are happy to know that our staff were friendly with you and made every effort to take care of your needs.
We trust that you will return to the Bahamas and our hotel on Paradise Island again in the future.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I rated this as a 2 of 5 and I really wanted to give them 1 of 5
the only good thing was the Free Wi-Fi
the first day I arrived the gave me my keys and when I enter my room it wasn't ready!!
in the pictures there is a carpet but in real? No carpet so it's not comfort as it says!
other thing they wakes my friends while there were sleeping to check if they where smoking? how can they smoke and sleep? and since my friend tell the security that no one was smoking,
Also they tried to charge for adding one person without making sure of that I had to check everyday with the front desk to make sure that they won't charge me more from my card.
anyways I didn't like Bahamas because of this staying and if I thought to come again I will never recommend or stay again here.

Room Tip: Atlantis will be better
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mishari_93
comfortsuitespi, General Manager at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Thank you for your recent comments on your stay with us at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island.
We do apologize for the room not being ready at check-in and that fact that your friends were awaken by our staff. We do try our endeavored best to take good care of all of our guests.
We trust that you would reconsider staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

You can't go wrong with the Comfort Suites! You are in an excellent location to enjoy all of Atlantis but yet at an affordable price. Yes you do have a per person/per day fee added at the end of your trip but that seems to be standard practice in the Bahamas. The rooms were clean, bright and beautiful- with the décor that you would expect to find at a tropical area. The WIFI was a little spotty. We had two rooms, one had excellent WIFI and the other had no connection at all. There is a continental breakfast every morning. The only complaint I have is that the breakfast order could be reworked to be more efficient. There would often be a long line held up by someone waiting for their bagel to toast or getting condiments. If these items could be on a table by themselves away from the food line, I think it would help. I also was a little frustrated with the fact that they wouldn't let me get my loyalty points because we did not book directly with them, we used a third party. We had two rooms for 6 nights so the points would have been helpful for future trips but overall a very nice stay!

Room Tip: Go early for breakfast to avoid crowds.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sdalal

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Comfort suites Paradise Island and for commenting on your stay.
sorry about the lines at breakfast. we will follow up on your advice to resolve that problem. We expect to have the wifi concern rectified within a week with an upgrade.
We would like to invite you to be a return guest to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I think the rooms were fairly clean; yet they were a little worn -- furniture, threadbare towels, dinged-up walls. To be honest, we weren't in the room a lot. It was fairly noisy with kids in the hall, but I wasn't kept awake at night by the noise so that says something.

The free breakfast from 7-10 a.m. is OK, nothing special. Don't show up after 9:15 and expect a place to sit or silverware, and expect to wait while they refill food. I'm fine with all this, but I can't help but think these are rush times every day, so why the staff isn't prepared is what kind of irks me.

The staff was quite pleasant and helpful, just fyi.

However, watch for these 'extra' charges: $15.95 per person/per day for 'energy consumption'; $5 per person/per day for maid gratuities (I usually tip the maid service anyway, but I at least hope the maids received this gratuity); $32.95 per day if you want to use the TV at all; $2 per day to use the lock-box in your room, which they don't tell you and there is no sign on the lock-box, so there was some confusion there; there were daily 'breakwater' fees, etc. It all adds up.

We used the 'free' access to the Atlantis every day. We went with the Comfort Suites because there were some bad reviews about that Atlantis and its hidden charges. Comfort Suites is close to Atlantis, but no more so than if you were actually on Atlantis' property. And CS had hidden costs as well.

Overall, not a bad place to stay. I just want something that is safe and clean, and CS fit the bill.

OH, a tip on the water taxi to the downtown Nassau: you can walk to the dock very easily, and the boats leave 'about' every half-hour (on the hour and half-hour), but the staff is incredibly lax and offer no information, such as when the boats leave and arrive. How about a few signs? And you are stuck with a 20-minute infomercial on the ride to and from the downtown area whether you want to hear it or not. (Heard the same lame Stevie Wonder joke twice on our rides.) Then you get a shake-down for the captain and his helper. I would tip them to say nothing or to not cram every last soul on the boat or to provide a life preserver. Just sayin'

Room Tip: The second floor is the main thoroughfare to get to the Atlantis property, so if you like it quiet...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maya97124
comfortsuitespi, General Manager at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort suites Paradise Island. It was a pleasure having you as our guests.
We do apologize for the room conditions that you mentioned and the line up at breakfast . We do have two areas to serve breakfast because of the volume we do. The TV is free of charge the only time you are charged is if you watch the pay per view movies offered and the TV prompts you that a charge will be levied if you were to continue watching the movie. We do inform our booking partners to notify our guests of the charges one would incur at the property so that they would be aware of them before they arrive.
We are glad to hear that you thought that we were not a bad place to stay.
We would like to take this opportunity to invite you to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We just returned from paradise island and had a great time!
Service: great! Helpful and kind. Loved our bartender, Christal!
Room: was just great! The jr suite concept gave us plenty of room. We
Had an adjoining room for our kids so we could spread out. Tiled floor
Is good idea. Bedding was nice and comfortable. Room wasn't luxurious,
But good. Fridge and safe were helpful. We got a microwave which was free.
Breakfast: was fine. Same fare daily. Usually pretty crowded and loud. We ate
In the east wing breakfast room. I discovered the pool restaurant serves
The same breakfast with option to eat outdoors by pool. Recommend trying that.
If you grow tired of bagels, cereal, eggs, bacon, hop over the dunkin
Donuts or Starbucks very close by.
Pool: very nice. Outdoor bar adjoins it for afternoon cocktails.
Location: this is where the comfort suites hits the home run! Right next door to
Atlantis (at half the cost of atlantis resorts). I don't know how they do it,
But as a guest at comfort suites, you have all access to all of atlantis
Facilities every day! The savings there is huge. Atlantis costs ~140 pp/per day, times
4 people is $560! We could come and go as we pleased each day to
Atlantis without stressing about seeing it all in 1 day at the ticket price.
The kids can even use the kids and teen clubs at night.
Atlantis is great! Much to see and do! Some items to keep in mind...lots of
Walking! Be prepared to walk a lot, simply because it is sooo large. And
It is confusing. By the end of our visit, we had it figured out. If you see a bathroom,
Use it because chances are you will not see another one when you need it.
When you see a towel hut, grAb your towels, esp headed out to beach
Because there are none on beach. Go figure! Staff if friendly and helpful with
Directions.
Atlantis food is expensive! We ventured out for dinner to local places-
Green parrot (walking distance), poop deck (across the bridge) and twin brothers
In fish fry (cab to downtown). Worth the cab fare to find less expensive options.

Room Tip: Choose the west wing, if possible. It's a shorter walk to atlantis! Layout can be confusing!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank gracieAltanta

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island. We do appreciate you taking the time to comment of your recent stay with us.
We are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of the amenities and features offered once you book our hotel. I will make it a point to tell Christal that you complimented her in your comments.
We do look forward to having you stay with us again on vacation in the near future.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the comfort suites from April 6 - 10. The hotel itself was very nice and clean, the breakfast included was a good bonus (scrambled eggs, sausage, boiled eggs, bagels, bread, pastries, oatmeal, cereal, eggo type waffles that you have to put in toaster yourself, 3 types of fruit - oranges, bananas and apple, no yogurt). There are 2 areas for breakfast (one down by the pool and the other down the hall behind the check in desk). We brought a backpack cooler that we could take over to atlantis everyday (used the zipper ziplock bags filled with ice to keep everything cool). Took extra bagels and cream cheese packets and fruit from breakfast and had this for lunch over at atlantis. Went to village grocery store in plaza across street to buy large bottles of water. Was hoping we could buy some yogurt and cheese strings for our son at the store but didn't have any. It wasn't a big store at all, mostly dry goods. On our last day we went to souvenir store in plaza and realized bottled water was cheaper than at grocery store.

Atlantis was beautiful but VERY VERY big. Get ready for lots of walking. Try to get a room in the west wing on the second floor since the walkway to the atlantis is right at the end of the hall. To get wristbands every day you need to walk to the lobby of the royal towers and go down the stairs where the fish aquarium is. It will take you 10 or 15 min to walk there from comfort suites, especially if you have young kids. They don't give you a map of the atlantis property with your wristbands, we forgot to ask, so that first day we had a hard time finding our way around. If you have young kids that want to use the kiddie pools, it will take another 10 or 15 minutes to walk to the pool from the wristband station. ( that's if you know where you"re going). Suggest wearing running shoes to walk over everyday then when you get to the pool, switch to crocs or flip flops. My husband didn't do this the first day and had severe blisters on his feet from walking with wet crocs on. The kiddie pools are right behind the temple slide. They have lots of signs around property to help you get where you want to go. The atlantis beach is another 15 min walk from the waterpark area. Cove beach is abit closer, around 5-10 min walk. Recommend cove beach since it is more protected, waves are very small ( perfect for kids) and just spectacular, water is clear and beautiful blue/green. Sand looked like it had never been walked on. They have the beach chairs with the built in canopy which is good too. The lagoon is a good alternative too, but located on the other side of royal towers, so not super close to the kids pools. Just another example of lots of walking. Wouldn't go on "the current" with child unless they're a strong swimmer. There are sections that are tame but lots of areas where you can easily be knocked off your tube and the waves are quite large and current is very strong. I was actually nervous, so I can imagine how terrifying it would be for someone who wasn't a strong swimmer, even with a life jacket on. There's a calm lazy river at the beach tower but you have to walk at least 20 minutes (if you know where you're going) to get there. We wanted to take advantage of the beach tower pool/lazy river but too far out of the way since you have to get wristbands at royal towers first. That would be our main recommendation for comfort suites/atlantis ....they should give wristbands at comfort suites or at least let you get them at any of the towers so you can choose to use any of the pool areas without have to walk 10 miles to get there.

Food - like I mentioned above, breakfast included was a great bonus. We bought lunch at the kiosk by the kids pool one day and it cost us $35 for 2 wraps (no drinks). Quality was just average. Their menu isn't bad (they do have salad options and also vege bags) but very expensive. There's a Quiznos in the marina village but way too far to walk from waterpark. This is more of a dinner option. Going back to comfort suites for lunch isn't really an option either due to walk back, unless you're staying there for rest of day. If you want to make your own real sandwiches for lunch and pack them in the cooler I would recommend going to grocery store in nassau to get proper ingredients as the store on paradise island doesn't have good selection. If you are taking taxi from airport have them stop at grocery store before going over bridge (we couldn't do this since we booked thru package that included transportation).

For dinner, as per other reviews, we tried Montagu restaurant in nassau and it was sooooo good! Portions were excellent as well as service. Fresh grouper was to die for. They pay for your cab ride over and then bring you back to hotel with their shuttle. FYI, the driver on the way back will try to sell you a tour of nassau that he does for $100-200. We went to Johnny rockets in the marina village the second night and was pleasantly surprised. Very upbeat and good quality food. On the last night went to Anthony's grill next door to hotel and it was just average. Prices are almost double of Montagu and only get half of food (no salad or garlic bread included). Their grouper was breaded too which I didn't like.

There's a dunkin donuts right beside Anthony's grill for coffee needs.

Overall, we had a great time, but really feel that atlantis wasn't for us. Just too big, too busy, too much walking, too expensive. The waterpark is really best for older kids 9, 10, 11+ range since they would have a blast on all the slides and really be able to take advantage of "the current". Our little guy is abit more apprehensive around big slides and deeper water, so we missed out on a lot of what the waterpark offers. At the end of the day, if you're looking for a quiet relaxing beach type vacation (with pools close by) with excellent food included, this isn't the place.

• Stayed: April 2014
9  Thank Liza O

Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island. We appreciate having you as our guests.
We are glad to see that you enjoyed our facilities and all that we had to offer. Sorry about all of the walking that you had to do. The Atlantis is huge as you have stated.
We trust that when your kids grow up more you would reconsider staying with us again at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

WARNING: DO NOT STAY HERE. We prepaid for this hotel 6 months in advance. We travel 17 hours to get there with two little kids. We get there exhausted at 10:30 at night and they tell us they overbooked and do not have a room for us. What? What? What? After another hour of waiting around while they figure out what to do with us, they shuffle us off to some stupid hotel down the street for the night and tell us to come back the next day, the taxi will be paid for, and blah, blah, blah. The next day we can't even enjoy our day and go to Atlantis because we are schlepping our luggage around and have nowhere to put it because our room at Comfort Suites isn't ready yet. So there goes our first day of vacation out the window. We finally get to Comfort Suites and explain to them we were kicked out last night due to overbooking and were told you'd pay our cab fare (not cheap in Bahamas). They have no clue what we're talking about. After another hour of them figuring out what happened the night before, they finally pay our cab fare and give us $120 in food comps, which covers about one meal for us four people since food is sooooo expensive there. Elevators are so far away from the rooms you might as well use the stairs. Hallways are so narrow two people with luggage cannot pass at the same time. Other than that, rooms nice and clean and good proximity to Atlantis, saved a lot of money staying here rather than Atlantis but that first night really, really, really sucked that they did that to us.

Room Tip: You're going to take the stairs, period. You need to be ambulatory and get up stairs good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Simmybop

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us.
We do apologize for having to relocate you for the first night of your stay and the inconvenience this would have caused. We do not make it a point to treat our guests in that manner especially on your return to the hotel.
We are glad to see that we were able to appease you for the remainder of your stay.
Once again we do apologize and trust that you will give us another opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Comfort Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!