“A more affordable way to experience Atlantis” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Paradise Island

Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Baltimore, Maryland
“A more affordable way to experience Atlantis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Suites as a more affordable way to enjoy the Atlantis experience. We had a great vacation, and the Comfort Suites was a good home base. There is nothing flashy about the hotel and it has its hiccups, but overall it is certainly a viable option. It might even be an even better option if you have children and need to save some money.

The location of the hotel is really just across the street from Atlantis' Marina Village and a short walk from the casino and Coral Towers. There is a lot of walking involved at Atlantis anyway, so this is not a big deal if you are comfortable walking.

Having breakfast included was very helpful. We were able to eat well every morning and head out to our activities without having to worry about spending more money on food. As many people have mentioned, food at Atlantis can be very expensive. The breakfast room by the pool tends to get very crowded and there can be long lines and waits while the staff replenishes the buffet. The staff is friendly, but with the room so crowded, it can take a while to get your plate filled. If dining al fresco is not important to you, that there is a second breakfast area in one of the meeting rooms near the lobby. What it lacks in ambiance it makes up for in a more relaxed atmosphere.

We had two issues with the hotel that we hope get resolved prior to our next visit. First, we stayed on the third floor, in a room near the exit closest to Marina Village. This is a great location to be, but, there is a strange odor in the hallway. It isn't exactly inviting when you come back from a long day, but thankfully, it isn't noticeable in the room. The other issue is that the air conditioning is very loud and runs nonstop. In the end, we both slept with ear plugs in.

The free wi-fi was also a nice perk so that we could stay connected when we felt like it.

There is also a shopping area across the street from the hotel where there is a small grocery store, drug store, Dunkin Donuts, a restaurant and some souvenir shops. It was convenient to have the grocery store nearby, especially when stocking up on drinks as their prices were much more reasonable than in any of the resorts.

Overall, it was a good experience. You will not be overwhelmed by the accommodations, but we found that with the limited amount of time we spent in the room, it worked out just fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel closest to Atlantis. It will save some time heading over ea...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelingTrophy
comfortsuitespi, General Manager at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for posting remarks on your recent stay at Comfort Suites Paradise Island. We were happy to have you as our guests.
We must apologize for the odor you smelt on the third floor and the noisy A/C unit in your room. We will most definitely have these items resolved before your next return visit via our preventative maintenance team.
We note that you were able to take advantage of the free amenities we offer all of our guests.
We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

My trip to the Bahamas was amazing and I'm so happy I decided to stay at comfort suites. I paid the lowest rate per night ($170) and was so happy with the room (king bed, mini fridge, flat screen tv, bathroom, couch, sliding door). The maid service was awesome, and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good-bagels, eggs, bacon, sausage, corned beef hash, fruit, juice, coffee etc. The walk to Atlantis was at most a 1 minute walk and a safe one (you literally are across the small street) The wristbands get you access to EVERYTHING, but if you want to eat at their restaurants make reservations weeks in advance because they all sell out everyday. The hotel was the best bang for your buck and a no brainer if you ask me. Couldn't be happier with my experience and I strongly recommend anyone to stay there. It was actually refreshing to be able to get away from the hustle and bustle of the always busy atlantis and go back to a hotel that's calmer and less crowded. Don't miss out.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 468Catina
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Comfort Suites Paradise Island.
We are happy to hear that our staff provided you withy the service that made your stay an enjoyable one with us.
We look forward to having you visit us again in the near future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Our room was good, breakfast adequate, and most hotel staff were extremely courteous and helpful. However, we were greatly disappointed with the manager. She could learn a lot from her staff about customer service.
I booked this hotel in mid October based on positive reviews here, proximity to Atlantis, and a desire to keep costs down. Having stayed at the Beach Tower in Atlantis previously, we thought we would try the Comfort Suites in order to save a bit on the room rate and on breakfast costs (which can be very high in Atlantis Hotels).
Here are my thoughts:

Disappointing Manager, Lack of Customer Service
We were vacationing with my parents, who live far from us, and had booked the room in mid October. I made sure to ask that our rooms be adjoining or close to each other, in order to make it easier for our children to visit with them and to enjoy a family vacation. I spoke to reservations on several occasions, and was told that this would be entered into the file.
When we checked in, we found that my parents were on an entirely different floor from us.When I asked about it, the front desk said there was nothing in the file about the rooms being close together and there was nothing we could do, except wait for the next day and perhaps something would come up. I asked if they could please check again, in both my and my father's reservation, as I had specifically requested rooms close to each other. The young man at the front desk just said there was nothing he could do.
On the way to our room, I spoke with the hotel manager on duty who was stationed at a desk in the lobby. She simply told me that there was nothing she could do because the hotel was full and there was nothing in the file about this and in any event they cannot guarantee any rooms can be near each other. She would not even look at our reservation on file - even when I politely asked her to. I explained that I had spoken to the reservations department on three separate occasions and had requested that our rooms be close, that it would be very difficult to move an elderly couple or a family with a toddler the next day. She just stared at me stony faced.
I understand that things happen, that sometimes staff makes an error or that hotels can be fully booked. However, I would have appreciated it if the manager had actually taken the trouble to look at our reservation (particularly when I asked her to) or even just offer a mild apology. She did not appear to be busy, there were no other guests waiting for her, and she treated my conversation with her as imposition. Worse, she did not appear to believe me that I had made the request. Not the sort of reaction one would expect from a competent hotel manager.

Clean Rooms, Good size
We had 2 adults, a 10 year old and a toddler in our room, which came equipped with a little fridge, a pull-out bed/sofa, king sized bed. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable, with an ample supply of pillows. Housekeeping staff were extremely courteous and welcoming and did a good job (Anthony from Hotel Impossible would be satisfied!). However, we broke a glass on the floor and could not adequately clean it up. We asked for housekeeping to come at about 6 pm in order to protect small feet, but no one showed up until the regular housekeeping session the next day (and they had not been told of the glass).

Breakfast
Comfort Suites offers a satisfactory breakfast, including juice, coffee, tea, hot and cold cereal, bananas/apples/oranges, bagels and cream cheese, waffles, toast and hard boiled eggs. They also serve hot foods: salty little sausages, watery eggs, and pink hash that no one seemed to try. People seemed to be taking good advantage of the hot food, but we tried it, then stuck to the other options. I would stay at this hotel simply for the convenience of the breakfast, which can be enjoyed out by the pool.

Proximity to Atlantis
No real difference staying here than staying in Atlantis hotels. You are right there.

Comparing Atlantis Beach Tower Experience to Comfort Suites - it is worth the extra to stay on Atlantis property?
When we first entered our Beach Tower room a couple of years ago it was dark and faced the lazy river. We were a little disappointed as it seemed a little worn and smelled terrible - a smoking room when we had booked a non smoking room. The staff quickly made up for our bad start and whisked us up to a top floor upgrade facing the stingray tanks - spectacular views and would be completely worth the extra $ if you have it.

CONCLUSION:
If you can afford it, definitely do an Atlantis hotel with a view (really adds to the experience). If you are on a budget and have young kids, Comfort Suites, with its included breakfast and comfortable rooms, is a great choice. Just don't expect much from the manager.

Room Tip: Ask to be near Atlantis exit if you have to juggle small children or have someone who cannot walk lo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Linus2000
comfortsuitespi, General Manager at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island.
We do apologize for the way one of our Managers dealt with your concerns especially your request to be assigned rooms close together. Firstly we should have honored your request and failing that, despite the hotel running full we could have made some arrangements to accommodate you the next day. We have no excuse for not cleaning up the broken glass in your room immediately. I promise to personally address our shortcomings mentioned internally and find out why our true Comfort Suites hospitality was not extended to you and your family.
Once again we do apologize and would sincerely like for you to give us another chance to make this all right for you. We would guarantee you a wonderful experience on a return stay.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed here at this hotel and had a wonderful time. I booked trough Expedia.
I arrived early and was given a room no problem, with no extra charge. The room was spacious and clean and had a safe. It is in a great location. Across the street is a little market where you can buy food and water and you are also within walking distance of Atlantis. It was easy to get wristbands and use the facilities at atlantis. No problem there. The staff at the hotel were also really friendly and helpful. I had a great time and would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: if your going to go to atlantis, ask for a room near the entrance to atlantis. it will save you some...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank solotravel123
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites Paradise Island. We do appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us.
We are glad to know that our staff assisted with making your stay with us an enjoyable one to the point that you mentioned that you will be back.
We look forward to having you as our guests again in the near future.
Narragansett, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very convenient to Atlantis and Marina Village. The best part of our stay was the staff. They were great and helpful in every way. It was also nice to have free passes to the facilities at Atlantis. Breakfast was OK. They offered a lot, but two days in a row, they ran out of eggs and sausage. They did
finally come to fill the serving dishes, but it took over a half hour to do so. They have one very slow toaster for everybody. I waited in line and had to put my toast through three times before it was finally toast. There is a nice selection of food, but the buffet is poorly managed. However, keep in mind that there is no additional charge.
We do think it is unreasonable to charge for energy. I have never experienced all the extra charges like this anywhere. There is the room charge, the government tax, the resort levy, the HK gratuity, and the energy surcharge. When all was said and done, we ended up paying
much more than we thought we would be. So, beware and ask at the time of booking what the daily cost will be! The television was not Cable, but Analog and the reception was very fuzzy. However, this hotel was a savings compared to the Atlantis Hotel which is over the top!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank michelewave04
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent vacation experience with us at the Comfort suites Paradise Island.
We do apologize for the time taken to replenish the breakfast items. We will ensure that this matter is addressed with our F&B department. We normally have two toasters to service each breakfast area. We will make sure that the set level is hot enough to toast our guests items the very first time.
Our Televisions are cable and we offer pay per view movies in HD. We will have that particular room checked.
Once again, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused and we do look forward to having you as our guests again in the near future.
St. Albert, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I booked two rooms here based on the reviews. What a great surprise when the hotel exceeds our expectations! We arrived early on Friday and were offered a "pre-check-in", this allowed us to store our bags and pick up passes for the Atlantis property. We headed over to Atlantis and spent the day at the water park. When we arrived back at the hotel we completed our check-in and headed for the rooms. The rooms are standard fare, clean and well appointed. The staff are friendly, and the breakfast better than average.

We will absolutely return to stay here, with the added value of the full access to Atlantis this I highly recommend this property!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
comfortsuitespi, Manager at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Steve,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share of your experince with us at Comfort Suites Paradise Island. I will be sure to share with the staff how much you appreciated the early check-in. We hope to welcome you back to Paradise very soon.
ND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We just returned from Nassau. Our stay at the Comfort Suites was amazing. It was the best of both worlds. Full access to Atlantis and free breakfast/WiFi! We saved over $1500 dollars by staying here instead of Atlantis. The staff was incredible and the hotel room was fantastic. Everyone was so very helpful and gracious. We wanted for nothing. If you are considering a trip to Nassau and Atlantis is your reason for going I would HIGHLY recommend staying at the Comfort Suites rather than Atlantis. I talked with many people who were staying in the Royal towers and most of them were less than impressed. When I told them that we were staying at the Comfort Suites with free breakfast and wireless they were jealous!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank joybuzzer2000
Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your stay at Comfort Suites Paradise Island.
We truly appreciate your views in regards to property and service and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Paradise in the very near future.

Warm regards,

S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,654 reviews
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,529 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!